Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
exiledjag

Montrose v The Champions

Recommended Posts

Falkirk have 53% possession v Airdrie with  0 goal attempts. 

Airdrie on the other hand 7 attempts with 3 on Target. 

Says it all! Either Cove or Airdrie would seem likely to join us in the Championship unless Falkirk can find a goal threat! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Falkirk have 53% possession v Airdrie with  0 goal attempts. 

Airdrie on the other hand 7 attempts with 3 on Target. 

Says it all! Either Cove or Airdrie would seem likely to join us in the Championship unless Falkirk can find a goal threat! 

Or Morton survive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be better to play with a defence? A sharper opposition would be out of sight by now. I know there's little at stake, but some attempt to cover the midfield defensive area, for example, would reduce the number of Montrose attacks. As for leaving Penrice with the ball and five opposition players around him but no support...... :help:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Or Morton survive

I think the Championship  Play-off team will be Ayr. 

I expect Ayr to lose a tough game away to ICT and Arbroath and Morton to play out a 'cosy' draw. 

That should be enough to put Ayr into 9th and the Play-off. 

On Sportscene Foster was the second pundit and he thought Cove to be the likely team! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, exiledjag said:

I think the Championship  Play-off team will be Ayr. 

I expect Ayr to lose a tough game away to ICT and Arbroath and Morton to play out a 'cosy' draw. 

That should be enough to put Ayr into 9th and the Play-off. 

On Sportscene Foster was the second pundit and he thought Cove to be the likely team! 

The championship finished Friday night. Morton finished second bottom. They are in the play offs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

The championship finished Friday night. Morton finished second bottom. They are in the play offs.

Thanks for pointing this out - ha ha what do I know! 

A good example of being behind the times and yes I am embarrassed! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, exiledjag said:

Thanks for pointing this out - ha ha what do I know! 

A good example of being behind the times and yes I am embarrassed! 

 

No need to be embarrassed. Morton goalless draw with Arbroath. ICT /Ayr 2-2. So Morton end second bottom on goal difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

No need to be embarrassed. Morton goalless draw with Arbroath. ICT /Ayr 2-2. So Morton end second bottom on goal difference.

Morton can thank Sean Mcginty for his reckless red in that 0-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harrybriscoe said:

Haha.  Are we trying to do Montrose a favour here?

So it would seem, in a sense. Despite how they voted against us would still find it funnier than I should if they ended up being promoted alongside us after all this

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×