Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy McD

Jags v Stenny 17/7/21..

Recommended Posts

What's the situation for the game on Saturday , is it a case of just turn up and pay at the gate and hope it is not over subscribed ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

What's the situation for the game on Saturday , is it a case of just turn up and pay at the gate and hope it is not over subscribed ?????

It will be a very long time until we have pay at the gate for any game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Was hoping to see a few new faces added before Saturday. Recruitment has appeared to have ground to a halt. 

Thread hijack alert: Anybody go to the Halt Bar for a drink these days? Is it fitba'/Jags friendly?

Am I right in thinking that (maybe decades ago!) it used to be a haunt of folk from the Highlands (along with the Snaffle Bit), or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Thread hijack alert: Anybody go to the Halt Bar for a drink these days? Is it fitba'/Jags friendly?

Am I right in thinking that (maybe decades ago!) it used to be a haunt of folk from the Highlands (along with the Snaffle Bit), or am I thinking of somewhere else?

I drank regularly in the Halt throughout the 70s and much of the 80s. There was always a contingent from the Heilsns. I wouldn't say tho' it was quite as Heilan' orientated as the Snaffle and certainly not at the Park Bar(Kelvingrove) level.

Think the Halt maybe owned by a micro brewery these days but others no doubt will know more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I drank regularly in the Halt throughout the 70s and much of the 80s. There was always a contingent from the Heilsns. I wouldn't say tho' it was quite as Heilan' orientated as the Snaffle and certainly not at the Park Bar(Kelvingrove) level.

Think the Halt maybe owned by a micro brewery these days but others no doubt will know more.

Yes, my mistake; I was thinking of the Park Bar.

I believe I was an underage visitor to the Halt a long, long, long time ago. These days I get refused entry to some places for being too old!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Albert's Ghost said:

No sign of Tam O'Ware.  Dropped or injured?

He should be dropped but will either be rested or not risked because it’s a plastic pitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Murrays final ball has been consistently ….pish 

To be fair, his teammates seem to believe he's playing for another team and shouldn't be given any support. Of course, maybe they're saving their efforts for shoring up their ineffective defence or to make up for Bannigan's right foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty pish video stream to match the game.  When games on the other side of the pitch it's like watching a bunch of toy soldiers  on the other side of a field.  Don't think we're that bad but we're dead predictable at the moment, making it too easy for the opposition; need to vary things more.  Would suggest TIffoney coming on but would he be affected by a rather ragged looking artificial pitch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turner only player earning pass marks. General lack of drive and determination from the rest and too many hopeful punts and aimless crosses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to sign more players, simple as that. The squad looks incredibly weak at the moment. An injury here or there and we're snookered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiffoney has of course been excellent and Turner continues to do well. Another to impress in the second half has been McKenna who at half time was switched from centre half to right back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×