Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
thebiglemon

Morton Saturday

Recommended Posts

Going back to Firhill tomorrow for the first time.  Using my first ever season ticket. Watched the Arbroath goals today - that was some bad goalkeeping. 

Prediction: 2-1 tortuous win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who do we play in goal tomorrow, do we stick with Stone and hope last week was a one off  or back to Sneddon  or play both Lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy McD said:

So who do we play in goal tomorrow, do we stick with Stone and hope last week was a one off  or back to Sneddon  or play both Lol...

Not convinced by Sneddon. Give Stone another chance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our front 6 are the ........... and I'm just saying nothing. Please win Jags.

Stone

Mckenna if fit / Akinola

Mayo

Holt

Foster

Turner 

Docherty

Banzo

Tiff

Graham

Rudden

I'd give this another run out tomorrow, I don't think McCall will go and make wholesale changes, maybe Hastie in for Tuner to give us some real width but who knows if he is fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On balance I'd go along with sticking with Stone. Two reasons...........

Firstly we can't chop and change between two keepers in their early 20s and not risk both being out of form/confidence at the same time. That sort of condition is aggravated if they both think one poor game automatically means being dropped. That sort of scenario would/could mean we have no consistency in goals at all.

Secondly I don't think Stone's shocker game last week is necessarily that unnerving. His error at the free kick wasn't so much to do with poor technique or positioning more down to being distracted by an opponent coming in from his blind side. Stupid error but something that he'll have learned from. Then that daft kick out is something you see at top level often enough. Great keepers have all been guilty of similar silliness. There is tho' a man-management issue re appeasing Sneddon, who could rightfully feel a bit miffed. Ceasing chopping and changing keepers after a bad game tho' is imo more important.

As for the game itself, unless odds were sky high, I doubt any of us would put money on guessing a likely line up.  A fit Docherty is a certain starter. It worried me that his absence last week might have wrong footed the whole team. I truly hope that wasn't the case. We can't be reliant on any one player and still have aspirations of success. That said I hope he's back tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Our front 6 are the ........... and I'm just saying nothing. Please win Jags.

Stone

Mckenna if fit / Akinola

Mayo

Holt

Foster

Turner 

Docherty

Banzo

Tiff

Graham

Rudden

I'd give this another run out tomorrow, I don't think McCall will go and make wholesale changes, maybe Hastie in for Tuner to give us some real width but who knows if he is fit.

No McKenna. Archie on Jagzone saying that he is out for 4 weeks..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for today the Aitken Suite bar is open, season ticket holders can sit in their own seats, there is no alloted time for entry to the stadium and the catering stalls are open.....but no match programme!  I don't get it. The only reason I can think of is it that it would be a cash transaction  but surely there must be a way around that?? 

Why does the club simply not make them available to buy online like last season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the "transitioning towards being a cashless stadium" move, what is so bad about using cash?

I predict it will put a lot of people off (especially older fans inc me) attending games on a spur of the moment last minute decision to attend on the day.

I doubt this decision would have been made if we were a fan run club. I wonder who came up with this nonsense?

We should be making it as easy as possible for people to attend and spend money in whatever way they choose.

Edited by Sinistar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jags v Morton - a must win game:

a) if we have promotion aspiration

b) because something must give af Rugby Park

c) get back on track

d) I don't like Morton

If  we work hard as a team, get a grip of midfield and pass the ball rather than 'hump it' Graham, Rudden and Tiffoney will be too much for Morton. 

Easy 4-0 or 5-0 the Jags!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am predicting a tough 3-1 victory for Jags. Sorry lads. At least you won't hear much of me during the game as I am visiting mate and at Ipswich v. Wimbledon.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

I don't understand the "transitioning towards being a cashless stadium" move, what is so bad about using cash?

I predict it will put a lot of people off (especially older fans inc me) attending games on a spur of the moment last minute decision to attend on the day.

I doubt this decision would have been made if we were a fan run club. I wonder who came up with this nonsense?

We should be making it as easy as possible for people to attend and spend money in whatever way they choose.

This seems to be the same for Hampden for game next Saturday, no cash accepted anywhere in stadium. This has obviously been something put in to place by Scottish Government and/or Glasgow City Council as part of 'new normal'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Injuries and COVID so it’s ….

sneddon,

foster, holt, tuji, Gordon ,

Turner, Bannigan, Docherty, tiffoney

rudden, Graham 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Injuries and COVID so it’s ….

sneddon,

foster, holt, tuji, Gordon ,

Turner, Bannigan, Docherty, tiffoney

rudden, Graham 

Presume that must mean Gordon is fullback? Cannot see any other sensible way to fit players in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Presume that must mean Gordon is fullback? Cannot see any other sensible way to fit players in.

Back 3 with Turner, Tiffany or Gordon at wingback ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

Anyone else having trouble finding the login for the stream?

Never mind.  Swear it’s in a different place than last time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Injuries and COVID so it’s ….

sneddon,

foster, holt, tuji, Gordon ,

Turner, Bannigan, Docherty, tiffoney

rudden, Graham 

Clearly not enough covid  to get a postponement!

Oh well there goes my prediction! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Clearly not enough covid  to get a postponement!

Oh well there goes my prediction! 

Prediction still on perhaps 1-0 Jags (Holt 9 mins) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×