V Morton

fifexile

Just 4 goals scored in 7 games, one a penalty,  and our strikers haven’t scored during that time. The defence has been carrying the team until today with a distinct lack of cohesion/quality  middle to front. 

Arbroath losing rubs salt into the wound. Killie are the big winners and ICT and Raith still in it for the playoffs 

Edited by JAG1970

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

This is McCall you are talking about.

Unless he picked up an injury I don’t know but Jakubiak was our best player today and gets subbed first, watching Morton invade the pitch like they’ve won the league makes me angry not gonna lie haha !

4 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Unless he picked up an injury I don’t know but Jakubiak was our best player today and gets subbed first, watching Morton invade the pitch like they’ve won the league makes me angry not gonna lie haha !

Yeh things may be bad but shoot us if we ever celebrate 7th place positions like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Fearchar said:

Both teams looked honking , but at least Morton have the excuse that their pitch makes them dependent on the long ball (even from throw-ins), but hooking Jakubiak for Alegría was self-defeating - our most effective threat up front for the non-scoring loanee. :wacko2:

Kept Cammy Smith on the park and took our best performer off baffled. The game changed when he went off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. A semi decent squad managed by a dud.

And if you are a man of your word you will be on here telling those that might say he should be sacked that he deserves to stay if we finish in the top 4.

Also, the last league game is 29th April so let's see we were actually finish.

Just now, Fawlty Towers said:

And if you are a man of your word you will be on here telling those that might say he should be sacked that he deserves to stay if we finish in the top 4.

Also, the last league game is 29th April so let's see we were actually finish.

My oh my! Someone's cage has been well rattled. Lol

We looked slow throughout and we looked like a team that had played a lot of games in a short period of time.

We rode our luck getting 1-0 wins against ICT and QoS and also the away 1-1 with Abroath. Without Tiffoney we are going to every game aiming to score 1 and see the game out. That's just not sustainable and it caught up with us today.

Surprised we only made 2 subs. Thought Crawford should have been on for Turner and Murray should have been on for Smith rather than Hendrie. 

Always thought automatic promotion was a long shot. To me the season is about getting 2nd place to provide a better chance in the playoffs.

I would assume Morton would get rightly hammered for the various pitch invasions. 1 was bad but 3 was just a complete failure to respond.

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

My oh my! Someone's cage has been well rattled. Lol

No I just find it strange you think the manager is a dud whilst we are 3rd and if we were to finish 4th you have stated you would say he deserves to keep his job. If you believe he is a dud I would have thought you would be of the opinion he should go regardless of where we finish.

2 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

No I just find it strange you think the manager is a dud whilst we are 3rd and if we were to finish 4th you have stated you would say he deserves to keep his job. If you believe he is a dud I would have thought you would be of the opinion he should go regardless of where we finish.

Doesn't matter if I think he is a dud, which IMO, he is. Tactically inept. But as he has stated, previously referenced to by me, that top 4 is his target, then if he makes it, then he has achieved it and should stay in situ. It doesn't change my opinion of him. But as you already know what I thought in previous correspondence on here with you, it really is a waste of your time going over this again. But maybe, you are just a sensitive wee soul over criticism of McCall.

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Doesn't matter if I think he is a dud, which IMO, he is. Tactically inept. But as he has stated, previously referenced to by me, that top 4 is his target, then if he makes it, then he has achieved it and should stay in situ. It doesn't change my opinion of him. But as you already know what I thought in previous correspondence on here with you, it really is a waste of your time going over this again. But maybe, you are just a sensitive wee soul over criticism of McCall.

Fair enough. I probably jumped in a bit early with my initial post (scunnered like everyone else). Wish I was a wee soul though - could do with losing a few pounds!

I am as disappointed as anybody else about losing, but i think most of us realistically felt that getting a play off place was the best that we would get. For me Kilmarnock were always going to win the league and now that they are top with only 7 games to go i don't see them slipping up. I have said before a number on the forum were saying this time last year the only way we would get out of league 1 would be to get relegated. A year on we are in a comfortable position in the Championship, if we get promoted this season great, but for me lets see how we do next season if we are still in the championship. 

• Like 2