Jags v Hamilton

elevenone

Hopefully not jinxing result with early match thread but I do have 100% record this season :happy2:.

Time to get that disaster in Greenock out of the system.  Hamilton 1 win in last 9 matches and we are unbeaten against em in previous 3 meetings this season so fingers crossed this continues.  Turner to start and maybe time to drop Smith.  2-1 Jags. :fan:

Forecast is 15 and sunny so ‘taps aff’ weather and hopefully we may even see a bit more green on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Hopefully not jinxing result with early match thread but I do have 100% record this season :happy2:.

Time to get that disaster in Greenock out of the system.  Hamilton 1 win in last 9 matches and we are unbeaten against em in previous 3 meetings this season so fingers crossed this continues.  Turner to start and maybe time to drop Smith.  2-1 Jags. :fan:

Forecast is 15 and sunny so ‘taps aff’ weather and hopefully we may even see a bit more green on the pitch.

Only way we will se more green on that pig sty is if we paint it.

Judging by two Alloa fans I know I doubt the surface will have improved. They were at Firhill on Saturday and were comparing the pitch to that of Dumbarton's in no way favourable terms. The state of Dumbarton's pitch was widely considered to be the worst in the four leagues. Just perhaps, if there's not much rain today, our surface will have dried out enough to be no worse than it was for the Queen's match. 

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Judging by two Alloa fans I know I doubt the surface will have improved. They were at Firhill on Saturday and were comparing the pitch to that of Dumbarton's in no way favourable terms. The state of Dumbarton's pitch was widely considered to be the worst in the four leagues. Just perhaps, if there's not much rain today, our surface will have dried out enough to be no worse than it was for the Queen's match. 

Looks like they had some rain during the game so you need to go to the later part of the highlights below to appreciate the truly horrific state of our pitch. Rather than 'spot the ball' we should probably start running 'spot the grass' contests

Queen's Park vs Alloa | cinch League 1 | 12th March 2022 - YouTube

8 hours ago, elevenone said:

Forecast is 15 and sunny so ‘taps and balaclavas aff’ weather and hopefully we may even see a bit more green on the pitch.

FTFY. :thumbsup2: :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Can anyone confirm what I have been told that we have not scored into the J,L. End , in the league since October.......

See my post above. You may well be right. Just about the only goal I can recall being scored by anyone at the balaclava end over the past few months was that dodgy penalty by Kilmarnock. Unfortunately the balaclava was not present to keep the goal intact due to attendance being restricted to 500 and the balaclava being unsuccessful in the ballot. 

3 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Hopefully our forward players rediscover the net in this game. Turner's goal last week was the first time a non-defender has scored in 7 games. We cannot go on relying on the defence to dig out victories for us as last weekend showed. 

I am sure that Turner was mighty relieved that he did actually score. He made a horrendously bad connection but fortunately the ball sort of flopped over the line.

11 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I am sure that Turner was mighty relieved that he did actually score. He made a horrendously bad connection but fortunately the ball sort of flopped over the line.

Maybe that's the secret... bad connections and goals!

I'd happily take a 1-0 last min penalty kick winner from Holt. Anything more is a bonus right now. By the looks of it we somehow need to grind out the points until a refreshed Tiffoney returns to carve open defences again. Although it would be nice if others would shoulder that responsibility between now and then. 

Unless Tiffoney is back I'm not seeing a huge ability to change things without changing the system. Even if he's fit I'm not too sure you would want his first game back to be on the Firhill surface. 

Assuming he's not available for the next 3 games I think selection comes down to who's fresh and who we prioritise to give us the best chance of beating Kilmarnock and Arbroath.

Graham's game time need to be managed as I would be amazed if 3 games in 7 days didn't take its toll on him. I think we need to give Docherty and Bannigan some more rest as they looked really tired against Morton. On top of that we need to get Akinola playing again to cover for Mayo being off with the Scotland U21's. For tomorrow I would start with this

Sneddon

McKenna-Akinola-Mayo-Holt

Turner- Crawford- Bannigan

Murray- Alegria-Jakubiak

I would be tempted to go with McAllister ahead of Murray if McAllister is fit and I would want Jakubiak to play wider than normal. Having 5 subs gives a decent amount of scope for changing it if it isn't working or alternatively if it goes well use them to rest a few.                       

50 minutes ago, laukat said:

Unless Tiffoney is back I'm not seeing a huge ability to change things without changing the system. Even if he's fit I'm not too sure you would want his first game back to be on the Firhill surface. 

Assuming he's not available for the next 3 games I think selection comes down to who's fresh and who we prioritise to give us the best chance of beating Kilmarnock and Arbroath.

Graham's game time need to be managed as I would be amazed if 3 games in 7 days didn't take its toll on him. I think we need to give Docherty and Bannigan some more rest as they looked really tired against Morton. On top of that we need to get Akinola playing again to cover for Mayo being off with the Scotland U21's. For tomorrow I would start with this

Sneddon

McKenna-Akinola-Mayo-Holt

Turner- Crawford- Bannigan

Murray- Alegria-Jakubiak

I would be tempted to go with McAllister ahead of Murray if McAllister is fit and I would want Jakubiak to play wider than normal. Having 5 subs gives a decent amount of scope for changing it if it isn't working or alternatively if it goes well use them to rest a few.                       

I think you're right on the back 4 as Foster is out.  Tiffoney could "maybe" be back next week according to Scally. 

Think Graham will start as the first time we tried Aelgria/Jakubiak/Murray against QOS it didn't work and was changed at HT.  But agree Graham can't play 90mins twice a week and maybe not even 90min a week ahead of (hopefully) play offs. With no game midweek hopefully that has allowed some players to regain some strength and they can dig something out over the remaining 8 games and secure a playoff. But with up to 6 games to be played (if we finish 3rd or 4th) I can see us running out of steam by then. 

4 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Surely this is the game our strikers start finding the back of the net again ….how many games now without a striker scoring ? .

Weather looks glorious tomorrow with a wee bit of heat forecast ..mon Jags !, cap it off with a workmanlike 2-0  victory .

It 8 or 9 since Graham scored his hatrick at Inverness. I think that was the last time a striker scored.