Killie vs. Jags

Jaggernaut

11 minutes ago, laukat said:

Some positives from today - the players didn't look completely lacking in confidence, Akinola looked a bit more like his old self, we didn't lose by as many as I feared, we're still in the top 4 and we now cannot be relegated.

Good so many positives! Just in time gor Arbroath next week. A win against them and our confidence will soar!

45 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

A dreadful January window in 2020...Relegation.

A dreadful January window...2022. Collapse from top 4

What happened to 2021 ?

Don’t you just love it when stats are included that only suit the narrative ?

Not saying I am happy about what’s happening.

Our transfer window was shocking not one player has improved the squad, we are weaker and lost a first choice striker. Most other teams managed to improve, unfortunately we didn’t. 

Watched the game we weren’t as bad as we have been the last 2 weeks, still far too reliant on Tiffoney making things happen for us. We have no creativity at all without him, I actually thought he was quite greedy today and there was a few times he should have passed, but can’t moan I guess. 

Allegra doesn’t really do much, when I first saw him I thought he’d maybe get better but I’ve seen nothing from him since. I wanted to see Murray get a run in the team because he shows every now and then that he has something about him but again he doesn’t do a lot. McKenna isn’t the answer at RB at all, he isn’t quite enough to get back if he goes over the half way line. 

Need to start picking points up quickly or we won’t be making the play-offs, hope Graham and Foster are back because we really need them !

Another game we deserved to lose.. 4 defeats in a row.. 2 wins in 9 with just 6 goals scored… ok, enough with the negative waves, man…

Didn’t play as badly as the last couple of games and up against the best team in the league..2 points ahead of Raith.. 5 games to go …. but we need players back, particularly Graham for his goal threat, his ability to bully defenders and his help defensively too plus an ability to bring others into the game. His and Fosters never say die attitude are needed. Jakubiak got injured just at the point where I got the sense he could do something for us, not much but better than the alternatives.  If we don’t get these guys back for next week I think we will miss out on 4th.

But what does 4th mean? A tick in the box for our goal this season  but this squad couldn’t cope with 6 additional games even if we somehow found form we haven’t shown for a couple of months or more. The extra money is needed but the schedule would kill us. Back to those negative waves again …

Edited by JAG1970

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Didn't think it was a soft free kick,pthed. Tunji deserved the yellow. How the Killie fella didn't get carded for similar foul on Bannigan was pure Willie Collum

He surpassed that one. He stopped play because a Kilmarnock player had a head knock, play was raging at the other side of the park. He restarted with a foul to Kilmarnock at the spot the player needed treatment. It was beyond surreal. 

From what I could see on Killie TV it was a much improved performance but as others have said we have little creativity (and none without Tiffoney). The free-kick turned the tide in favour of Killie who had more to offer and were largely in control without troubling Sneddon too much from then on. Caught cold just after the restart made for an uphill climb but a good last 10 mins at least showed some fighting spirit.  The harsh reality (no disrespect to Arbroath) is that by and large the bigger the budget, the more likelihood of success.  Find the money to pay off one manager and hire another to kick-start the season. Find the money to sign a striker with a proven goal-scoring record (according to McInnes in the face of several bids from Premiership and Championship clubs) and he/they will do the business.  Unless/until the club can compete off the park attracting better players in greater numbers then we are leaving ourselves too much to do. Bring on the Red Lichties!

2 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

He surpassed that one. He stopped play because a Kilmarnock player had a head knock, play was raging at the other side of the park. He restarted with a foul to Kilmarnock at the spot the player needed treatment. It was beyond surreal. 

Yes, I was puzzled by that one at the time and was surprised by the lack of protest

Basically Lafferty was the difference today. Otherwise Kilmarnock were pretty shite. Great free kick but the setting of the wall was shocking. It didn't cover the near post which Lafferty picked out. 

The only real positive was that we were better today than the we were in the last 3 games. Not especially hard, I concede. 

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

What happened to 2021 ?

Don’t you just love it when stats are included that only suit the narrative ?

Not saying I am happy about what’s happening.

Since you ask, there was no January transfer window due to Covid, but when football restarted in March we had 2 wins, 3 draws an 2 defeats, dropping us from 3rd to 5th, before the late run.

Not overly impressive, but I’m not sure what narrative you were wanting.

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Since you ask, there was no January transfer window due to Covid, but when football restarted in March we had 2 wins, 3 draws an 2 defeats, dropping us from 3rd to 5th, before the late run.

We signed Squidy 

3 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Basically Lafferty was the difference today. Otherwise Kilmarnock were pretty shite. Great free kick but the setting of the wall was shocking. It didn't cover the near post which Lafferty picked out. 

The only real positive was that we were better today than the we were in the last 3 games. Not especially hard, I concede. 

Just back from Kilmarnock , your post is correct, if we had Kyle Lafferty in our team we win that game .

No goalscoring threat in our team at all , we’re certainly not ready to go the Premier League and it should be time to sit down and plan a template for our future, scouting system, youth development with a pathway to the first team .

It’s not working the way it is just now , no creativity in the team ( Tiff apart ) , no goal scoring threat , no pace in the team , miles away from being a Premiership Team .

• Like 3

Who ever let that Rudden deal go aheead has alot to answer for. He’s a lot more of a miss than some people thought he would be.

What’s happening with McAllister is he injured ? What a waste of a signing he’s been. 
Crawford is far too similar to what we already have,  Jakubiak has been alright. His injury came at a bad time because I thought he was starting to come on to a game.

Allegra doesn’t do much, I don’t know what to think of him because our service to him has been awful. Decent touch on him but certainly not up to seed with Scottish football yet.

I’d be recalling the boys we put out on loan at this point, we need as many fit players as possible Gordon, Mciver and Lyon’s could make some sort of impact at least from the bench. I miss Gordon he was always capable of grabbing a goal !

8 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Who ever let that Rudden deal go aheead has alot to answer for. He’s a lot more of a miss than some people thought he would be.

What’s happening with McAllister is he injured ? What a waste of a signing he’s been. 
Crawford is far too similar to what we already have,  Jakubiak has been alright. His injury came at a bad time because I thought he was starting to come on to a game.

Allegra doesn’t do much, I don’t know what to think of him because our service to him has been awful. Decent touch on him but certainly not up to seed with Scottish football yet.

I’d be recalling the boys we put out on loan at this point, we need as many fit players as possible Gordon, Mciver and Lyon’s could make some sort of impact at least from the bench. I miss Gordon he was always capable of grabbing a goal !

Not sure if we can recall the players out on loan. If we could i would add Niang to your list.

• Like 1

Today demonstrated to me why we need to play Turner in our remaining games. He was average today as he seems to be much of the time but we scored from one of his corners and our other two best opportunities came from his corners also. Set pieces could well be crucial in our three remaining games at Firhill where little football will be played on that pitch. He has the most assists in the league despite being an irregular starter. 

Overall I thought we were much better today in terms of structure and effort, although we still created little and can’t deny that Killie edged the game 

One thing I feel could kill this season is that every team we play appear to be able to make FIVE meaningful substitutions. If not game changers or impact subs they'll  at least be fresh legs. We certainly nearly never/haven't been able to bring on subs that turn things around or even help maintain pace and momentum. Put another way if there was a way of measuring the effectiveness of substitutions we'd be lucky if we ever got a reading as high as neutral. Unless things change in that department I can't see us doing anything in the play offs should we even get that far.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

This is what I mean. You pick out a stay that shows us dropping down to suit your narrative.  A late run, is that all it was.

If we somehow scrape into the playoffs and a still struggling for a striker and Dundee are already automatically relegated before the playoffs start could we not recall and play Rudden?

I get Rudden wanted the move to Dundee probably in the hope of premier league football and a higher wage but he will still be our player at that time and the playoffs would be more of a shop window than potentially the remaining meaningless Dundee fixtures 

Can't see much value in recalling Niang as we're not short of midfielders or centrebacks at the moment. Also can't much value in Maciver as he's struggling to get a game at Alloa and he doesn't really add a goal threat.

15 minutes ago, laukat said:

If we somehow scrape into the playoffs and a still struggling for a striker and Dundee are already automatically relegated before the playoffs start could we not recall and play Rudden?

I get Rudden wanted the move to Dundee probably in the hope of premier league football and a higher wage but he will still be our player at that time and the playoffs would be more of a shop window than potentially the remaining meaningless Dundee fixtures 

Can't see much value in recalling Niang as we're not short of midfielders or centrebacks at the moment. Also can't much value in Maciver as he's struggling to get a game at Alloa and he doesn't really add a goal threat.

We only had Cammy Smith as a senior player on the bench today, just feel We could do with having players if we need them at the moment. Our squad is very small as it is, I’d have Gordon back tomorrow if we could. He’s completely different to anything we have in midfield at the moment. MaCiver can at least win a header which is something that we are lacking up top at the moment also.