McCall Sacked

elevenone

5 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

The club board. 

An interim board.

The only people who voted on this.  4 people.

https://ptfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/board/

Honestly - as an "interim " Board its a very big decision - even established and Experienced Boards are very resistant to changing the Manager - as its a Nightmare picking a New one     

27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

To say that McCall "Earned us" the money from the Rangers game is a bit generous. We reached the last 16, which should be par for us. We beat Kelty and Dunfermline both from lower leagues, so if we hadn't got to this stage it would have been an under achievement. That it was Rangers who came out of the hat was just luck. If we had made it to the quarter finals, or beaten someone decent on the way you could have claimed he had done something, but in reality, this was a pretty average performance in the cup. 

While factually Dunfermline are lower league- they clearly have the set up for a championship club.  Their budget was the second highest in the championship last year only after Kilmarnocks.  They are walking away with the league 1 title and will be challenging for promotion in the championship next season 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So one point of the Play Off Spots is justification for Sacking and appionting a Rookie Manager ? 

Seriously ? 

And given the various rumours on Finances - where would we be without the large Cash Injection from the Rangers Game 

But on the basis of a few bad Games - he is to be sacked ? 

David - that is nonesense - people should have a reality check 

There is no Good reason to sack a Manager in current circumstances - None  

"A fair portion of the support have called for change"

Posters on Social Media are not a fair portion of our Support - a Boards Job is to look at the BiG Picture - not respond to there mates  

Hi Jim - I hope you're keeping well?

My point was really about some of the wilder conspiracy theories around the decision to change the manager. Unless there is evidence to the contrary, I'll come to the view that the most obvious reason is what has happened - namely that it was a decision taken as a result of performances on the park.

I haven't been one of those who have been calling for the management team to be replaced, and I haven't offered any view as to whether or not it's the right decision. I can, however, appreciate why some people think a change was required.  I can also understand why others would have offered more time, given the tight league, injury issues and general risk and cost associated with the change.

As you say on other posts - the next decision is going to be a very big one for the Board to make.

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

While factually Dunfermline are lower league- they clearly have the set up for a championship club.  Their budget was the second highest in the championship last year only after Kilmarnocks.  They are walking away with the league 1 title and will be challenging for promotion in the championship next season 

So, you would have been content if we had lost to them ? As I said, reaching the last 16 should be about average for us.

7 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

Hi Jim - I hope you're keeping well?

My point was really about some of the wilder conspiracy theories around the decision to change the manager. Unless there is evidence to the contrary, I'll come to the view that the most obvious reason is what has happened - namely that it was a decision taken as a result of performances on the park.

I haven't been one of those who have been calling for the management team to be replaced, and I haven't offered any view as to whether or not it's the right decision. I can, however, appreciate why some people think a change was required.  I can also understand why others would have offered more time, given the tight league, injury issues and general risk and cost associated with the change.

As you say on other posts - the next decision is going to be a very big one for the Board to make.

Hi David 

Your correct - there are no Conspiracies - he is not going to Motherwell or Dundee Utd 

He was sacked because sitting a point off the Play Off Spots with a third of the Season to go and getting to the Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup ( earning a massive cash boost ) was not deemed Good enough by our Board of Directors - its as simple as that 

Fans will have varied opinions on wither this is reasonable    

Jordanhill Jag,

Point taken. It is not at all clear to me that we are either owned by us or them. (For the absence of doubt, I want us owned by fans).  Until that is settled we are left between one model and another, Either we are fan owned or we continue with some sort of hybrid where ownership is more important that sucess. I think that that is a route towards disaster. The possibility that the two sides could come together would, obviously, be welcome. Huge clubs seem to manage that without any difficulty whatsoever - you see them across continental Europe everywhere.

Your constructive thoughts about that would be welcome.

56 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

He doesn't have a Vote - a CEO of a Football Club will advise - The Board make the decisions 

No vote, but a lot of input.  I’m unsure if the ptfc trust guys on the board have experience at this level, nor about the jfg nominee.  What we do know is Smilie has experience, as does Britton.  And both of them were involved with the share fiasco.  Yet they remain, shaping major changes in our club.  I am not happy that they can influence the future of our club when their hands are so dirty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s about time both the Trust and TJF were open and transparent particularly about the state of the clubs finances.

the main onus is on the Trust they own the club.

every dog on Maryhill road knows we are in a desperate financial position and that the begging bowl is out for cash and investors. Yet it’s like Brexit no one wants to talk about it.

wexsre in the worst of all possible worlds at the moment 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

He doesn't have a Vote - a CEO of a Football Club will advise - The Board make the decisions 

Surely a CEO of a Company would have been told of this decision, if he hadn’t been told it definitely undermines him.

Think Gerry Britton and Ian McCall were in hospitality before the game which makes this decision even more strange.

Whether you agree or disagree with the decision, why on earth is an interim Board making these important calls .

Edited by jlsarmy

1 minute ago, exiledjag said:

I read a comment made by  IMC that JL usually  sought and followed  his advice. 

That suggested to me that he had some influence with her. Perhaps you know otherwise?

From what I know he simply reported to the Board as the Manager - nothing more than that - how much of his advice was followed we dont really know 

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Surely a CEO of a Company would have been told of this decision, if he hadn’t been told it definitely undermines him.

Think Gerry Britton and Ian McCall were in hospitality before the game which makes this decision even more strange.

Whether you agree or disagree with the decision, why on earth is an interim Board making these important calls .

I would agree that normally a CEO would be in the loop - however we dont know either way 

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It’s about time both the Trust and TJF were open and transparent particularly about the state of the clubs finances.

the main onus is on the Trust they own the club.

every dog on Maryhill road knows we are in a desperate financial position and that the begging bowl is out for cash and investors. Yet it’s like Brexit no one wants to talk about it.

wexsre in the worst of all possible worlds at the moment 

I’m not sure why we need to be told. I can’t think of many cases where the board would inform the customers (and therefore the competition) of the financial situation until it is on the brink of going under. I’m sure that the owners are aware, possibly (but only under a nda) the TJF board, but like it or not, we are just customers. Besides, what difference would it make to the business if we were told the gorey details 

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Because as directors, they have a duty to act in the best interests of the business. And dismissing the management team was in the best interest of the club, as the one field performances and results were not where they should be. 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m not sure why we need to be told. I can’t think of many cases where the board would inform the customers (and therefore the competition) of the financial situation until it is on the brink of going under. I’m sure that the owners are aware, possibly (but only under a nda) the TJF board, but like it or not, we are just customers. Besides, what difference would it make to the business if we were told the gorey details 

You can’t have a fan owned club where the fans don’t know the financial situation of the club …. That doesn’t  need to be in fine detail 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It’s going to show in the Accounts anyway, unless they manipulate the figures as they did last set of Accounts 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You can’t have a fan owned club where the fans don’t know the financial situation of the club …. That doesn’t  need to be in fine detail 

We are still transitioning to a proper fan-owned model. The final outcome with a new Club Board will be the time when things come together.

Besides we can’t have all the dogs in Maryhill knowing what the fans don’t ;)

eta dogs perspectives 

Edited by sandy

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

The club is owned by The Trust. The members of The Trust (whoever they might be) may have a case for knowing, but that would be the role of The Trust’s board to decide what their members need to know and when.

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The club is owned by The Trust. The members of The Trust (whoever they might be) may have a case for knowing, but that would be the role of The Trust’s board to decide what their members need to know and when.

Given we are up shits creek I think we should know 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Given we are up shits creek I think we should know 

Why? Do you really expect every single detail about the club to be revealed to the fans? Just like it appears that some fans expect to be individually consulted on every decision that needs to be made. That’s not what fan ownership is about. 

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

Why? Do you really expect every single detail about the club to be revealed to the fans? Just like it appears that some fans expect to be individually consulted on every decision that needs to be made. That’s not what fan ownership is about. 

If you read my post I specifically said the fine detail was not required so no I don’t expect every single detail to be revealed or have fans vote on every issue . I hope that is clear .

Given the current board inherited a financial  disaster  , that the club is asking people for cash and that the rangers game probably avoided us running out of money. I think a bit of honesty would go a long way .

I hold shares in several companies, not many, but I am a shareholder. as such, all I see is the annual report.  I don’t know why people expect a football club to be any different.

Also, telling the public we are up shit creek (if that is where we are) is only going to reduce the value of any assets you are looking to sell.