Summer comings and goings

Jaggernaut

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Oh dear! You best staying off this forum then. You sensitive wee soul.

Your so boring man, complete highlight of your day is trying to get a reaction on this. Probably because you are so bored. Anyway hope it’s Williams on the back of his top this season, so you can have a reason to knock one off ya creepy ****.

1 minute ago, Thistle88 said:

Your so boring man, complete highlight of your day is trying to get a reaction on this. Probably because you are so bored. Anyway hope it’s Williams on the back of his top this season, so you can have a reason to knock one off ya creepy ****.

Lol. What a pathetic soul you are getting so hot over a factual comment. Go lie down, take your medication and feel better in the morning. Resorting to abuse, really shows what a lie life you really are. You belong at Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Lol. What a pathetic soul you are getting so hot over a factual comment. Go lie down, take your medication and feel better in the morning. Resorting to abuse, really shows what a lie life you really are. You belong at Ibrox.

Abuse, haha your pathetic. Someone telling you how you constantly try and make issues with peoples posts rather than having an actual reply. You clearly have nothing better to do than look at the posts that have something wrong with then, maybe because there’s something wrong with you?  

6 hours ago, laukat said:

I do wonder with Robinson signing up if Dowds has a future?

Dowds would probably be on a relatively decent amount and he must know he's now back to being 3rd choice/backup striker spending a lot of time on the bench.

Perhaps Doolan wants to get Dowds off the books and release his wages for other purposes?

I've not really thought of Robinson as a striker these days. More an attacking midfielder who'll hopefully chip in with a few goals. Albeit playing at a different level but Dowds is a positively prolific goalscorer in comparison to SR.

Regardless wherever Robinson plays and even playing a default one up front, I think we may need another out and out forward.

6 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Abuse, haha your pathetic. Someone telling you how you constantly try and make issues with peoples posts rather than having an actual reply. You clearly have nothing better to do than look at the posts that have something wrong with then, maybe because there’s something wrong with you?  

Certainly your last two words were definitely abusive. Go figure.

Since we are low in the food chain when it comes to signing players I was thinking of a couple of controversial suggestions knowing full well I will be in a minority of 1 and likely to be ridiculed.

However given Doolan's performance as a manager - which has been a revelation to me - and his ability to get more from individual players, eg Fitzpatrick, I was wondering about Rudden and Akinola returning to Firhill. The former I suspect isn't wanted at Dundee and if anyone can motivate the latter and get him playing confidently again it must be Doolan. I am sure we would all take a fit and confident Akinola back into the defence.

Just a thought.

21 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Since we are low in the food chain when it comes to signing players I was thinking of a couple of controversial suggestions knowing full well I will be in a minority of 1 and likely to be ridiculed.

However given Doolan's performance as a manager - which has been a revelation to me - and his ability to get more from individual players, eg Fitzpatrick, I was wondering about Rudden and Akinola returning to Firhill. The former I suspect isn't wanted at Dundee and if anyone can motivate the latter and get him playing confidently again it must be Doolan. I am sure we would all take a fit and confident Akinola back into the defence.

Just a thought.

Whilst I agree that Doolan does seem to get more out of a player, I do not see Akinola coming back. Rudden? You never know. A loan maybe?

Great to have Aidan commit for another 3 years. Also fending off the vultures. Might see another re-signing or two then get back to adding new blood to the squad.

It seems rumours of our financial demise are slightly exaggerated.

Not that I want to see it happening but should Aiden be transferred within the next couple of years, it would be something of rarity. A player earning us good money not once but twice. 

I think I'm correct in saying that Fitzy was "discovered" in a rather unusual manner. A recommendation from former director, Ronnie Gilfillan. 

4 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Just a thought.

Akinola wasnt physical enough for league I’m afraid - wouldn’t have him back

1 hour ago, dibble said:

Akinola wasnt physical enough for league I’m afraid - wouldn’t have him back

I disagree with this. He was great when he joined and absolutely looked at home at this level. He could never have made such an impression if he wasn't up to it physically.

For whatever reason he lost it. This also wasn't a lack of physicality but rather appalling decision making. He simply seemed to forget all the basics. Running in literally the wrong direction for QP's second goal in the first game at Stenny was a particular lowlight.

I would of course be very wary of having back though. He became a proper liability.

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Gallagher Lennon on trial at St Mirren.  Not sure if we would get any compo should he leave.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/gallagher-lennon-training-st-mirren-30332320.amp

Yes we would, but probably in the form of "we will lend you player X for the season"

edit to add: After 17th birthday it would require a fee for a contracted player or a training compensation

Edited by Dick Dastardly
  • Thanks 1

I know resigning Akinola isn't going to happen but a pacy central defender playing to top form would be great for our back line.

I thought a 1 year contract or game to game contract until he proved himself.

As far as Rudden is concerned I wasn't to impressed by the manner of his departure but he and Graham seemed to be developing a good partnership and I thought this might be worth rekindling.

I think it's clear that Rudden isn't a Premire League striker but perhaps could be useful in helping us get there

Enough said about the above  and VG news about Fitzpatrick.

In Dools we trust (apologies for coping this)