Hearts Viaplay Cup - Sunday 20 August

jagfox

26 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Doolan out of his depth. This team is a mirror of McCall and Archie's.

Any legends left for us to hire at this point? Seeing as we don't want anyone who doesn't understand the thistle way, of perennially losing.

It’s okay we have kept Bannigan on unnecessary for years- we will ensure he is kept on again for many years by appointing him as manager one day

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, elevenone said:

A tad relevant in comparison.  Mccall’s team downed tools (see Cove/Hamilton home week), questionable signings to say the least and only those close to him could reasonably argue that his time was not up.

Doolan inherited  his squad and under that short tenure turned them not only into winners but also entertaining to watch and barring the bottle job (and ref) in po final we would be at ‘top’ table this season which was never happening under Mccall.

This season I will give you has been disappointing start however we won league cup group, only 2 league games in and yes getting battered today by one of Scotlands top 4 however surely you have to give him time and his signings to gel before any knee jerk reactions?

1. I never referenced McCall …. He will never manage thistle again.

2 I said Doolan ? … surely he is responsible for poor performances as well as good ones 

3. what he did last season is well last season…. So far not great isn’t exactly an over reaction!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elevenone said:

A tad relevant in comparison.  Mccall’s team downed tools (see Cove/Hamilton home week), questionable signings to say the least and only those close to him could reasonably argue that his time was not up.

Doolan inherited  his squad and under that short tenure turned them not only into winners but also entertaining to watch and barring the bottle job (and ref) in po final we would be at ‘top’ table this season which was never happening under Mccall.

This season I will give you has been disappointing start however we won league cup group, only 2 league games in and yes getting battered today by one of Scotlands top 4 however surely you have to give him time and his signings to gel before any knee jerk reactions?

Questioning signings have been made this season too

A guy who barely played for Killie given a 2 year deal

plus many of the others really don’t appear to be great.

Why do our signings seem to need time to gel but likes of Raith who have made numerous new signings seem to be doing fine.
How long do we give them time to gel- a year maybe 2?
Plenty of players here from last year not doing great either 
Our transfer window looks to me so 

The only positive is the cash we get from the tie. 

Aside from the Dundee Utd game we haven’t had a strong 90mins in the other 6 games. Early days but too many mistakes and improvement needed all over the park.  Neilson is a cert to start next week as that pairing in central defence is one of the things which isn’t working.

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

1. I never referenced McCall …. He will never manage thistle again.

2 I said Doolan ? … surely he is responsible for poor performances as well as good ones 

3. what he did last season is well last season…. So far not great isn’t exactly an over reaction!

1.  Fair enough you didn’t.

2. Yep always the case with any manager.  I was an Archie fan and also happy when Mccall returned however agreed with decisions to get rid as was not happening anymore with them.  But I think it’s far too early to be questioning Dools given the balance of his manager career.

3.  personally and my opinion is yes not great but not the end of days either.  Would prefer to wait a few more months to see how his team develops.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elevenone said:

1.  Fair enough you didn’t.

2. Yep always the case with any manager.  I was an Archie fan and also happy when Mccall returned however agreed with decisions to get rid as was not happening anymore with them.  But I think it’s far too early to be questioning Dools given the balance of his manager career.

3.  personally and my opinion is yes not great but not the end of days either.  Would prefer to wait a few more months to see how his team develops.

I agree with that …. But he needs to get the finger out…..our defence is horrendous 

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Questioning signings have been made this season too

A guy who barely played for Killie given a 2 year deal

plus many of the others really don’t appear to be great.

Why do our signings seem to need time to gel but likes of Raith who have made numerous new signings seem to be doing fine.
How long do we give them time to gel- a year maybe 2?
Plenty of players here from last year not doing great either 
Our transfer window looks to me so 

Chances are that Raith have signed better players with the cash investment they got. While they are shopping in Sainsbury's we are shopping in Lidl's.

52 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Doolan out of his depth. This team is a mirror of McCall and Archie's.

Any legends left for us to hire at this point? Seeing as we don't want anyone who doesn't understand the thistle way, of perennially losing.

Doolan is not out of his depth. He is learning as a manager and trying to get a new squad to gel. 

We are weak all over the park this season.

I hope Doolan is seeking Connor Smith in tynecastle right now and begging him to sign on loan for us.

While I realise our defence is particularly weak - I have little confidence in Dowds, question the signing of Robinson, Wesley McDonalds stats are questionable as is his attitude according to some Hartlepool fans.  If Graham has hardly been outstanding recently 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Dools is intelligent, I trust his decisions on who he recruits and where he plays them. Give him time, his re-shaped team will have an impact.

the most recent in a summer long load of nonsense 

So the quote about ‘fabulous’ is in your head. The latest in a long line of anti-Doolan messages cos Yer pal McCall got his jotters. 

Jog on small boy 

1 minute ago, sandy said:

So the quote about ‘fabulous’ is in your head. The latest in a long line of anti-Doolan messages cos Yer pal McCall got his jotters. 

Jog on small boy 

I can’t be bothered mate really but if you can find an anti Doolan message from me I’ll give you £100 

This is, obviously, not the start either Chris or other Partick Thistle fans wanted. Given the end of last season, where we were very close to promotion to the Premier League, perhaps our expectatons have been exaggerated beyond reason.

I would like us to win every game we played.  Which is, frankly, a tad unrealistic.

I think Chris will turn this around.

Just saying.

• Like 1