Hearts Viaplay Cup - Sunday 20 August

jagfox

12 minutes ago, Aberdeenjag said:

I feel a bit aggrieved that my £5 bet on Brian to score the first goal isn't being paid out!!!

If he's not the first goal scorer in the game who is?

There is no first scorer as it stands. Own goals don't count.

Been a while but do you get your money back if there is no first scorer?

Far too respectful first 10 minutes. Sat right back. Hearts are good but not that good. No way we were going to keep that up for 90 or 120 minutes. 

Gradual improvement thereafter but still too many loose simple passes and hopeful punts to Graham who is having zero impact.

The only hopeful sign is the occasional well put together slick passing move, but over all not a lot to encourage.

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And not relevant ….. Doolan is and so far not great 

A tad relevant in comparison.  Mccall’s team downed tools (see Cove/Hamilton home week), questionable signings to say the least and only those close to him could reasonably argue that his time was not up.

Doolan inherited  his squad and under that short tenure turned them not only into winners but also entertaining to watch and barring the bottle job (and ref) in po final we would be at ‘top’ table this season which was never happening under Mccall.

This season I will give you has been disappointing start however we won league cup group, only 2 league games in and yes getting battered today by one of Scotlands top 4 however surely you have to give him time and his signings to gel before any knee jerk reactions?