Hearts Viaplay Cup - Sunday 20 August

jagfox

10 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Great effort to sell 1400 tickets for this game. I'd imagine most will be travelling with a sense of hope ( may be misplaced ), but has to be better than the doom and gloom of the usual crew. 

Unfortunately I don't see anything of late from this squad , but to feel apprehensive of this season ahead.

12 hours ago, scotty said:

I see there's a fixture clash on Sunday. Where will the women's team manager be?

Answer now on PTFC website, in preview of PTWFC v Glasgow City

There will be, however, be an absentee in the home technical area. With Brian Graham on duty with the men’s team at Tynecastle on Sunday he leaves the team in the very capable hands of his assistant Ross Stormonth and coach Danica Dalziel.

Manager interview on JagZone indicates that McInroy back for tomorrow which is a big plus, although Robinson and Mackenzie not ready yet.

Unless more radical changes are in mind,  I would presume that McInroy will replace Lyon from last week’s line up, though I hope that both Lyon and Stanway will come on as replacements before Alston.

The other possible change would be for Sneddon to be the “Cup goalkeeper”. Could be useful if we are looking for a late equaliser.

A thought I have mulled over, but I suspect will not happen is to hold Graham back until at least half-time, and see what Adeloye can do. A fired up rather than flagging Graham could be an asset in both boxes in the second half, and perhaps in extra time, whether we are attacking or defending. 

15 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

A thought I have mulled over, but I suspect will not happen is to hold Graham back until at least half-time, and see what Adeloye can do. A fired up rather than flagging Graham could be an asset in both boxes in the second half, and perhaps in extra time, whether we are attacking or defending. 

I like that idea, but Brian won't.