Ayr away

Lenziejag

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

In the short Facebook clip, did Kris Doolan just say it’s never easy at Somerset? Short memory, although I am sure it won’t be easy this time round despite what the Ayr fans are saying. 
Revert to the same starting 11 as vs QP with Ngwenya replacing Milne

Macdonald instead of Fitzpatrick ?

Replacing Adeloye (Graham), MacDonald (Fitzpatrick), Robinson (McInroy) and Williams (Neilson) strengthens the team on an individual basis. Not just the sum of the parts but the whole as well, as we revert to a near regular starting XI. On a more positive note I feel comparing the QoS game with last season's defeat at Falkirk indicated on a relative basis that we're a tad better equipped squad wise this season. We may be weaker in terms of a starting eleven but I sense the back up players aren't so far off the first team than last season. For instance Adeloye is certainly an up on Dowds, as is Robinson on Cammy Smith.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Replacing Adeloye (Graham), MacDonald (Fitzpatrick), Robinson (McInroy) and Williams (Neilson) strengthens the team on an individual basis. Not just the sum of the parts but the whole as well, as we revert to a near regular starting XI. On a more positive note I feel comparing the QoS game with last season's defeat at Falkirk indicated on a relative basis that we're a tad better equipped squad wise this season. We may be weaker in terms of a starting eleven but I sense the back up players aren't so far off the first team than last season. For instance Adeloye is certainly an up on Dowds, as is Robinson on Cammy Smith.

You could add to that by saying that even the younger players who are not regular starters like Ben Stanway are at a much higher level than last year. You would not now bat an eyelid at James Lyon or Zander Mackenzie coming on as a substitute (or starting if required) whereas this time last year that might have been regarded as risky, weakening or even a bit desperate.

• Like 1