Jags vs Pars

Jaggernaut

31 minutes ago, allyo said:

Great result, very good performance, but I'm going to be a really grumpy old man here.

I mean you really can't begrudge little kids enjoying a Thistle game, so disliking myself for saying this but.....

That constant banging on the gates down the front of the JHS was REALLY annoying. 

Apologies.

The banging was annoying, but it was good to hear singing in the JHS from the youngsters and some not-so-young

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

We were by far the better team, created way more chances, defended better and bossed midfield. 3-0 isn’t luck, 3-0 is winning well and we could have scored more with both Lawless and Fitzy missing and defending stopping Brian Graham getting on a great cross. 

Never said we weren’t the better team but let’s not close our eyes to our defensive frailties 

1 hour ago, allyo said:

Great result, very good performance, but I'm going to be a really grumpy old man here.

I mean you really can't begrudge little kids enjoying a Thistle game, so disliking myself for saying this but.....

That constant banging on the gates down the front of the JHS was REALLY annoying. 

Apologies.

I was one of thoughs young guys 60 years back ,  they are our fans of the future ,, move over to the J.H.S. and join us old blokes ...............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Our defending was decent today. We didn't concede and I thought Muirhead and neilson looked solid. Not quite sure what you are expecting but in most games the opposition will have a few chances. 

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

We kept a clean sheet, we have 2nd best goals difference in the league.

Clean sheets don’t win leagues, as Sneddons 17 in the league campaign 21/22 showed, scoring more goals than the opposition does.

Can you just enjoy the victory, the 3 goals, 3 points moving up to 3rd and not conceding 

I hate posts like these …. We won , enjoy it and don’t mention the war …

if they had taken that sitter in the first half it would have been a very different game and it was dreadful defending 

you don’t get better by resting on your laurels 

3 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Our defending was decent today. We didn't concede and I thought Muirhead and neilson looked solid. Not quite sure what you are expecting but in most games the opposition will have a few chances. 

They had several  chances to score and should have that was down to them not us 

28 minutes ago, javeajag said:

They had several  chances to score and should have that was down to them not us 

They didn't score.  I'd rather enjoy the win, the fact it was actually a cracking open game, with plenty of chances at both ends. As others have said I think we may be the league top scorers. Will it be good enough to challenge for the league....who knows, but I'm being entertained that's for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

if they had taken that sitter in the first half it would have been a very different game and it was dreadful defending 

Almost every Thistle win I’ve ever seen has involved us conceding the odd good chance, quite often before we score. So much of football is chance, and taking your chances. The Pars failed to take their one big chance before we scored. From that moment on we were comfortably the better side. 

7 hours ago, fenski said:

Great performance - everyone played well. Fitz probably deserved motm, but I thought Mcinroy was superb throughout. Might not be that defensive mid we go on about, but he read and broke up play really well.

Ngwenya covered the ground really well - could turn out to be a really useful squad player. McDonald looked good when he came on too

Agree about McInroy. I think he's going to be important for us. Great work rate, skill, and dig. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Unlike another poster I thought we defended very well. A view shared with a good few others. Thought McInroy was a stand out. Playing in a position I doubt he's that used to. Fair got around the park and freed Bannigan up as well. Feel we'll be a stronger team playing both Robinson and McInroy, Bit early to know whether Kerr turns out to be the ball winning midfielder we need but he won the ball a lot today. Second balls as well.

Ngwenya done alright on his poorer side. I knew he was nippy but didn't realise just how nippy.

Yes, Ngwenya was okay. I thought he backed out of a couple of winnable tackles and allowed their attackers to continue their move, but it might have been because it was on his wrong side.

Adeloye looked a real handful for their defenders when he came on. Pretty sure he'll score a good few for us when he gets the chance.

Edwards of Dunfermline is excellent.

I kind of understand the view of posters about our defending as it does look fragile, and we rode our luck. However, in the last 5 games we have scored 3 or more in 4 of those games had 2 shut out and only Arbroath have beaten us, a combination of them playing really well and us playing really badly. If Doolan has fixed the problem, remains to be seen. (It’s maybe worth noting that in the playoff games we rode our luck before going on to win 5 of the matches).

14 hours ago, allyo said:

Apologies.

I often sit low front left in the 2nd half. My mild mannered 12 year old expressed a wish to commit violence for the first time due to the wee kids smacking the gate. 

Does somebody not own these annoying wee feckers. If it it was my son he would get told to wrap it. Looks like we'll be moving to a new area from now on 🤣

• Thanks 1

McPake's saying that we should've had a penalty in the last couple of minutes. Adds like their second shout it was a stonewaller. I can't mind the incident. Guessing as the games was already won we (fans & players) didn't make too much of it.

Can someone on here remind me what happened? 

btw thought that ref yesterday was poor from both teams point of view. To his credit he was fussy about throw ins and free kicks getting taken from near the correct spot. Something I like to see. But he on occasions had his back to play, seemed to be always getting in the way of play and made a good few baffling decisions. Think tho' he was as bad for both teams.

23 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

McPake's saying that we should've had a penalty in the last couple of minutes. Adds like their second shout it was a stonewaller. I can't mind the incident. Guessing as the games was already won we (fans & players) didn't make too much of it.

Can someone on here remind me what happened? 

btw thought that ref yesterday was poor from both teams point of view. To his credit he was fussy about throw ins and free kicks getting taken from near the correct spot. Something I like to see. But he on occasions had his back to play, seemed to be always getting in the way of play and made a good few baffling decisions. Think tho' he was as bad for both teams.

Can't remember any penalty claim in the second half.

6 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Good to hear. Thought I was alone and having one of my "senior moments".😀

Here's McPake 

but then on the flip side, how Partick Thistle don’t get a penalty in the last couple of minutes is unbelievable as well. That’s me being honest, that was a stonewall penalty against my team

1 hour ago, westertonjagfan said:

Have to agree about the defending yesterday. Really enjoyed the win, especially after last week. However, as many folks are saying-they could have been 3 up if they had been a better team. Like Arbroath, for example.

If we were a better team we could have been a couple up before they had their chances. We had more chances in the 1st 10 minutes than the whole of the Arbroath game. We are 7 games in and Arbroath are the only team that have outplayed us and exploited the defensive frailties(maybe Airdrie).

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Nobody claimed, but I remember one of our guys (maybe Adeloye) running along just inside the 18-yard line trying to get in a shot (which he eventually did) but the defender grabbing and pulling him back by his jersey. Clear penalty, but because he got a (weak) shot in, the ref seemed to let it go.

But maybe shirt pulling has finally been deemed legal, given that refs never seem to bother about it during corners, for example.

16 hours ago, javeajag said:

Nobody is resting on their laurels. We are just enjoying a 3-0 result. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Nobody claimed, but I remember one of our guys (maybe Adeloye) running along just inside the 18-yard line trying to get in a shot (which he eventually did) but the defender grabbing and pulling him back by his jersey. Clear penalty, but because he got a (weak) shot in, the ref seemed to let it go.

But maybe shirt pulling has finally been deemed legal, given that refs never seem to bother about it during corners, for example.

Never noticed, but i was in the John Lambie Stand. Adeloye did well when he came on and was unlucky not to score.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Thought he was outside the box when his shirt got tugged, but I think that was a good bit earlier than this mystery "McPake" penalty.

31 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Thought he was outside the box when his shirt got tugged, but I think that was a good bit earlier than this mystery "McPake" penalty.

When I saw it again, I thought maybe on the line, not a definite penalty..... But neither of the the commentators even mentioned the blatant tug. 

Can't clearly remember any incident that might have been a stonewaller after that, other than a tackle that left a Thistle player crumpled on the ground. I'm sure at muttered "Oh. penalty!?" at the time, but just shrugged it off when it wasn't awarded.

Edited by Jaggernaut