Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

So.... Come next 5 days. If we don't have the 3 quality additions that the manager has been vocal in the press about getting, who carries the can?

I realise that quality is a relative term but assuming our ideas of the word are not too far apart why should anyone carry the can? Simply put Archie has been looking at players and if up to spec been offering them terms. If the terms aren't good enough or the player in question just doesn't fancy us there's little or nothing we can do.

If you think Archie should then sign players below the/his quality threshold and he fails to then.in your eyes he carries the can.

• Like 1

I realise that quality is a relative term but assuming our ideas of the word are not too far apart why should anyone carry the can? Simply put Archie has been looking at players and if up to spec been offering them terms. If the terms aren't good enough or the player in question just doesn't fancy us there's little or nothing we can do.

If you think Archie should then sign players below the/his quality threshold and he fails to then.in your eyes he carries the can.

I noticed something on twitter a while back which was a very good analogy.

You're the owner of a company & the managing director is a single person role. The person has given you 12 months notice that he'll be leaving giving you plenty opportunity to find their replacement.

If you haven't done so then you're being negligent to say the least. Would your shareholders or fellow board members be happy?

Put the context into football, Thistle & ATS.

Blame game in all walks of life & if we don't get the necessary reinforcements in by Monday then blame has to be apportioned somewhere.

We'll wait & see but my money on the trialist being signed.

Twitter says Nathan Ecclestone. His twitter account says he's on way to Glasgow.

Hmmm.

This from his Wikipedia page: On the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks Eccleston posted a tweet saying: "I ain't going to say attack don't let the media make u believe that was terrorist that did it. #OTIS."[31] OTIS being an abbreviation for "Only The Illuminati Succeed"; the tweet implied Eccleston was a member of the 9/11 Truth movement.[31] Liverpool F.C. vowed to investigate Eccleston's actions.[31]

I noticed Eccleston was started ahead of Goodwillie on a couple of occasions at Blackpool. No goal scoring record to talk about, which perhaps suggests he's a goal provider. if he's been playing at levels too high for his ability it would seem strange he's been given so many starts. Been a teammate of Seaborne so maybe recommended by Danny. Pressley or Osbourne?

Hmmm.

This from his Wikipedia page: On the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks Eccleston posted a tweet saying: "I ain't going to say attack don't let the media make u believe that was terrorist that did it. #OTIS."[31] OTIS being an abbreviation for "Only The Illuminati Succeed"; the tweet implied Eccleston was a member of the 9/11 Truth movement.[31] Liverpool F.C. vowed to investigate Eccleston's actions.[31]

He isn't particularly bright, then? Cool.

Is this transfer rumour purely on the back of him saying he's coming to Glasgow? Does sound plausible tbf.

There's a video of him scoring a good goal for Liverpool reserves five years ago on YouTube, so I think we should sign him.

Edited by The Arch

Also at the risk of sending some into convulsions, I heard last night that Muirhead was offered to Hamilton two weeks ago. Presumably asa make-weight in a deal to sign whoever Archie had been scouting there last season. Gordon?

Surely not. I know we were supposedly looking at Gordon last season but to swap a CH, however poor he's been in recent times, for a full back when we're so short of numbers there...

I noticed something on twitter a while back which was a very good analogy.

You're the owner of a company & the managing director is a single person role. The person has given you 12 months notice that he'll be leaving giving you plenty opportunity to find their replacement.

If you haven't done so then you're being negligent to say the least. Would your shareholders or fellow board members be happy?

Put the context into football, Thistle & ATS.

Blame game in all walks of life & if we don't get the necessary reinforcements in by Monday then blame has to be apportioned somewhere.

We'll wait & see but my money on the trialist being signed.

As always there is an alternative view. Often businesses wait until they find the right person for the job before filling the vacancy. Or you could just take the 1st person that comes along and end up in a bigger mess.

• Like 1

As always there is an alternative view. Often businesses wait until they find the right person for the job before filling the vacancy. Or you could just take the 1st person that comes along and end up in a bigger mess.

Ideally the business is looking for the right candidate for a year, now whether they find them and whether they want to come on board is a different thing

Not saying you take the first person. The 12 months notice period gives plenty of opportunity to head hunt the ideal candidate.

To continue the analagy, you identify a candidate, approach the shareholders/board and say we need to pay this person X more compared to what we paid the last guy, they say no. Or the shareholders agree, you offer the job and then the candidate says no thanks.

The process starts again and you look for the next best or a better candidate who may be available or come through a youth set up.

Despite this I do agree we should really have a replacement by now, also maybe Keenan is now considered ready and is that person?

Edited by sb1876

Despite this I do agree we should really have a replacement by now, also maybe Keenan is now considered ready and is that person?

Could be the case - but LB still needs a back-up, especially if Jordan is nursing a hamstring injury.

And I don't accept that it should be Banzo - he is needed in the midfield first and foremost.