Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Not sure I get your point.

If Scully was on loan, then Erskine and Taylor were equally so.

Or am I missing something?

The implication seemed to be that we had lost 5 but only brought in 2. However, we didn't have Scully as he was already out at Dunfermline - so that's 4 out and 2 in. McAleer wasn't in the 1st team. So that a 3 out and 2 in. Get my drift now.

The implication seemed to be that we had lost 5 but only brought in 2. However, we didn't have Scully as he was already out at Dunfermline - so that's 4 out and 2 in. McAleer wasn't in the 1st team. So that a 3 out and 2 in. Get my drift now.

Eh.......no, sorry.

Edited by Barney Rubble

But Erskine, Taylor and Buaben were in team no?

I'm beginning to get the gist of this thread. Some posters are concerned about our lack of signings and others are either less concerned or not concerned at all. Am I on the right track?

I'm excited about the season ahead and hope it is enjoyable as the last one but I have concerns over our lack of signings and depth of squad.

Does this make me a happy clapping knicker wetter?

Any idea on the trialists names?

I'm guessing no closer to bringing in a CH if we had 2 on trial tonight. How many have we had since start of pre season now?

Thought 1st half one better than the 2nd half one but not sure if either better than we have including Piccolo.

I'm guessing Keenan starting the season left back but hope that Elliot's goal tonight doesn't mean that we're looking at him as our back up striker.

Aye, but we have Stevenson and Osman. Don't get me wrong, I think we still need to replace Mair, ATS and Taylor, but some are getting it all out of proportion.

The proportion is surely

Out

Mair

ATS

Buaben

Osbourne

Erskine

Taylor

In

Stevenson

Osman

If you take Stevenson as a replacement for Erskine and Osman for Osbourne (Buaben didn't really play similar position to them) then we are lacking a left back, centre back, striker and arguably an attacking midfielder unless Archie has faith in some U20's to make the step up.

I've not seen any comments on this forum which say anything more 'pant wetting'-ish than highlighting this fact; we need to replace the players we have lost if we want to kick on as a club and give us the best possible opportunity of avoiding an ugly scrap for 10th place again. We were told by Beattie that we had the money to do this and by Shaggy they had plans to do this early. The fact pre-season is over and we have two new players is very disappointing to many amongst us.

I'm also not saying we will go down with our current squad, we may very well stay up but I would fancy our chances much more if we addressed the problems in the squad.

And just to clarigy I think we will make some signings before end of the window but I worry whether it will be of the quantity or the quality that many of us hope.

The proportion is surely

Out

Mair

ATS

Buaben

Osbourne

Erskine

Taylor

In

Stevenson

Osman

If you take Stevenson as a replacement for Erskine and Osman for Osbourne (Buaben didn't really play similar position to them) then we are lacking a left back, centre back, striker and arguably an attacking midfielder unless Archie has faith in some U20's to make the step up.

I think it's fair to say we would not have brought Buaben in had Osbourne not been crocked in December. Even though they were different players they were still in some sense the "robust" midfielder of a 3.

We need a left back, a centre-back and ideally a tall, robust, direct striker. I think we'll sign one of the centre-backs from tonight so that's just the left-back and a striker to go. I think we will get a left back eventually, so we're missing a Lyle Taylor figure.

On tonight's showing there is much less concern for any reasonable punter about how weak our squad is. It has its vulnerable areas but nothing catastrophic as things stand.

Basically Archie says he had six targets. He said SPECIFICALLY that Osman and Stevenson were two of those. I assume that's why Osman only got 45 mins v Dumbarton. It was about validating what was already known, rather than a panic signing.

He goes onto say that we are still looking to sign players but it is quality that we are after. He will,not sign anyone unless they are better than what we have. I'll try and find a way of posting the whole thing.

Basically Archie says he had six targets. He said SPECIFICALLY that Osman and Stevenson were two of those. I assume that's why Osman only got 45 mins v Dumbarton. It was about validating what was already known, rather than a panic signing.

He goes onto say that we are still looking to sign players but it is quality that we are after. He will,not sign anyone unless they are better than what we have. I'll try and find a way of posting the whole thing.

So 2 out if 6 so far or 33.3% success rate.....

We def need 2 defenders and a striker so 5 out if 6 needed