Article on BBC website about Stuart Regan has him talking about "both sides of Glasgow". Absolutely shocking whether these are the actual words of a Scottish football officebearer or the spin of a lazy BBC journalist.

I also caught the BBC Scotland preview of our game on the car radio tonight. Aberdeen/Hearts and even St Johnstone/Celtic were considered by discussing both teams involved in the game. We then had ten minutes talk about Dundee United, their manager, their formations, their players, their strengths, their weaknesses, their manager (again), their need to win games like this and to start climbing the table, and finally their need to defend well because Partick Thistle scored 5 goals last time out. End of preview.

If we won the league we would hardly get a word of praise. Glasgow's great unmentionables.

Article on BBC website about Stuart Regan has him talking about "both sides of Glasgow". Absolutely shocking whether these are the actual words of a Scottish football officebearer or the spin of a lazy BBC journalist.

I also caught the BBC Scotland preview of our game on the car radio tonight. Aberdeen/Hearts and even St Johnstone/Celtic were considered by discussing both teams involved in the game. We then had ten minutes talk about Dundee United, their manager, their formations, their players, their strengths, their weaknesses, their manager (again), their need to win games like this and to start climbing the table, and finally their need to defend well because Partick Thistle scored 5 goals last time out. End of preview.

Another reason not to renew my SSC membership. He should have been dispatched from his role long ago.

• Like 1

A bit off topic but it has to do with TV. I was watching the Aberdeen V Hearts gave on TV. Hearts Jordan McGhee (who had been booked earlier in the game) deliberately handles the ball in the box to give away a penalty. Surely at least a yellow card followed by a red?

No action taken by the ref other than a spot kick, compare that to Abdul's second yellow earlier in the season.

Deliberate hand ball isn't an automatic yellow. It becomes a yellow in certain situations (e.g. If you handle to prevent a promising attack), but since the ball was clearly going nowhere it's not a yellow card.

Still absolute madness from the Hearts boy though.

Cheers for that, I would bet that if it had happened outside the box, (or the player had not been booked previously), 9 out of 10 refs would have gone for a card. (10/10 if it had been a Jags player).

Well, there you go. It's not just the BBC that can't recognise our players - Dumbaya's fairly sprouted since the last time I saw him....

http://www.eveningte...sery-for-mixu/?

"Partick Thistle boosted their survival hopes" .... FFS ! We are arrowing in on a top 6 place and they still talk about survival when the beaten club are near enough doomed.

and the headline makes it look as if we were at home. Shocking bad journalism

The notion that the BBC is biased against us is nonsense. We are one of the smallest teams in the division and the reality is we will always get less coverage and attention than others. Let's leave the paranoid guff to Old Firm fans, and the BBC-bashing to rabid cyber Nats.

FYI the BBC political bias is an empirically proven thing. I don't give a monkeys if you are interested or not, but you brought it up, you rabid unionist troll and I'll look forward to the day when Scotland is a normal independent country.

Back to the football, the BBC football bias has always been there imho but I saw it more as the old firm dominating and the rest of us being largely ignored. I don't think Thistle lose out any more than anyone else. A major problem now with the beeb is they have got rid of so many Scottish staff and shipped up bodies from down South, I just don't think they have staff with much of a clue, so coverage is substantially worse now as the poor volume is the same as ever but the accuracy and professionalism has declined.

Was also the second or third story on the BBC Scotland Sport website earlier as well.

Hardly the point I've been stressing. I believe this is at least the sixth consecutive Jags related news item that has been carried by STV Evening Sports News and ignored by its counterpart BBC on their corresponding news programme.

As I said earlier I probably misused the word "bias" in the thread title. Whatever, the result is same. BBC TV News do not report Thistle related stories as a rule yet STV TV News mostly do. There will be plenty of folk who solely rely on TV evening news to keep up with current developments in Scottish football. It stands to reason most will only watch either STV or BBC. Following that thru there will be many that were aware of students go free, free football offer, free scarf offer and the list goes on. As many won't have a scooby simply as they watch the channel whose motto is "to inform".

Hardly the point I've been stressing. I believe this is at least the sixth consecutive Jags related news item that has been carried by STV Evening Sports News and ignored by its counterpart BBC on their corresponding news programme.

As I said earlier I probably misused the word "bias" in the thread title. Whatever, the result is same. BBC TV News do not report Thistle related stories as a rule yet STV TV News mostly do. There will be plenty of folk who solely rely on TV evening news to keep up with current developments in Scottish football. It stands to reason most will only watch either STV or BBC. Following that thru there will be many that were aware of students go free, free football offer, free scarf offer and the list goes on. As many won't have a scooby simply as they watch the channel whose motto is "to inform".

I thought everyone watched both Scottish evening news programmes.

Jagger, I think you're being very paranoid thinking that the BBC's ignorance of Thistle comes from a perception of nationalist views in our support. It's down to the fact that English football dominates the BBC and that relatively we're irrelevant. The little budget available for Scottish football is managed by those who can't see past the old firm. I can't say I see the Scottish news daily, but I get most of my sports news from the BBC website and it's clear they don't care about any club outwith the gruesome twosome.

I think cyprusjag needs to chill,people are entitled to their opinion without others bad mouthing them.

It is very clear to all and sundry that the BBC are very frugal in their coverage of the Jags (Sportscene, I rest my case), whereas STV cover every news worthy story that emanates from Firhill.

Therefore people are entitled to ask why this is the case? And equally entitled to give their thoughts on why this may be. We don't need fellow Jags ridiculing other's opinions lets leave that to the OF.

Personally, I think we get more coverage on STV because Rhaman loves the Jags

• Like 2

The notion that we are blanked by the BBC because of some perception of some narrow political bias within the support is frankly laughable - and we do ourselves a disservice if we imagine that any broadcasting company cares a jot for the political musings of the supporters of a relatively small football club.

The day we are perceived of as having some specific political axe to grind will, in my view, be a very unfortunate day for the club - potentially alienating a minority of an already relatively small support. There are already more than enough "extra-curricular" reasons that west of Scotland football adherents use as an excuse for "supporting" their teams without our club being perceived of as having become embroiled in some pitiful and/or mis-guided socio-political expression of views from the "comfort" of the stands.

I suspect it is a vain hope that when following a football club the age, gender, religion, colour, sexual orientation, and the politics of your fellow supporters becomes irrelevant - then again perhaps some people cannot set aside their prejudices and feel the need - or see the opportunity - to express them through the following of a football club and by so doing potentially damage the perception of that club by others.

• Like 2