Dundee Match - 16Th January

Fawlty Towers

It wis individual errors that cost us today. Lindsay wis poor, I thought at half time he should have been pulled, his sending off though wasn't all his his fault. Bannigan for the 2nd time this season putting Lindsay in that position. It wis a shocker the day, nothing much we can take from it. We are clueless in the attacking 3rd and that is something which needs to be addressed this month. Banzo should be signing anything put in front of him, if Aberdeen are interested after that they have very little ambition

• Members

I don't think that is the case. Certainly in my case I made it clear the whole team was dreadful today, even reliable guys like Cerny, Dumbaya etc. All I said was that I have yet to see him have a good game for the club and that's the way I see it. He is certainly not being made a scapegoat for that defeat. The boy must have something and doing things in training to impress Archie and Scott, it's just that I have still to see that in action. In hindsight and as a few have pointed out, playing Gary Miller in the holding role might have steadied the ship today.

Not every post is aimed at you Lindau!!! :D

Not every post is aimed at you Lindau!!! :D

Didn't say it was Will. Re Wilson, as I said, Archie ain't no mug so he must show something in training, but don't think any of us that have seen him playing have seen what the management have seen.....yet! He is still young but perhaps a loan to a championship side might be beneficial.

You can't take anything from yesterday,really as I think the conditions played a huge part in the result. Dundee adapted better.Right from the start it was clear that we were uncomfortable when the ball was passed back to Cerny and with nobody putting pressure on him he kicked it straight out the park.

I am also not sure we can say that we missed Osman - who knows how he would have coped with conditions

Banzo should be signing anything put in front of him, if Aberdeen are interested after that they have very little ambition

Seriously? A guy who has been consistently excellent for us and who has been bossing games all season has one bad game. All week people have been saying he could do better than Aberdeen. Now their apparent interest in our best player calls into question Aberdeen's ambition?

If Bannigan had been suspended yesterday instead of Osman, my bet is that everyone would be going on about how it proves that he is our most important player, and how Osman looked like he'd already signed for Dundee.

The overreaction to one individual game never fails to amaze me.

• Like 1

There has been a huge over reaction to yesterday's result on here. We were awful and had one of those days when 9 out of the 11 starters were off from, this will happen at least a couple of times a season and yesterday coupled with Hearts games was a prime example of this.

However there is no point in singling out individuals for abuse, they know themselves they were poor and I am sure will work hard to rectify that next week in what is a winnable game.

We were down to the bare bones yesterday for a whole variety of reasons and it did show up our frailties regarding strength in depth but we need to realise that we are not the size of club who can have 2 players of equal quality for every position.

We should cut the players/ management some slack for yesterday's performance and get behind them in the next few games and support them to go on another undefeated run.

• Like 4

The 50/50 ball that Christie won outside our 18yard box

tells me he's more deserving of a start next week in place of Amoo

because he (DA) wouldn't have made that tackle.

Freddie in next week in place of LL Abs in place of Wilson.

Onwards and upwards.

I call Amoo the tin man as he's no heart - not the type you'd want in a battle. I've never been Christie's biggest fan but you'll get an honest performance every week at least !

I am also not sure we can say that we missed Osman - who knows how he would have coped with conditions

I've not seen our midfield that poor since the 1-1 draw against 10-men Hamilton - where Osman was also out of the team suspended. It maybe had been as bad at one point with Osman in the team, but whenever he's not there, it shows IMO. No one does his job anything like he does.

• Like 1

Where does Scottish Football find these alleged officials, on a snowbound pitch, where the game at some point was doubtful were the conditions not taken into account. the two bookings that Lindsay collected were incredible, and down entirely to the Ref wanting to join in.

A master class in the midfield by Harkins which highlighted where our problems lie. We need someone with the knackers to take control and force the attack, don't be overawed by the occasion like Wilson, show us that Cantona swagger about the pitch. Welsh and Bannigan were just not in the same class as auld Harkins.

Its not solely a goal scorer "when we have a proven ace like Doolan" its a attacking midfielder who will set the opportunities up.

My man of the match for us yesterday was big Dan the Man

Seriously? A guy who has been consistently excellent for us and who has been bossing games all season has one bad game. All week people have been saying he could do better than Aberdeen. Now their apparent interest in our best player calls into question Aberdeen's ambition?

If Bannigan had been suspended yesterday instead of Osman, my bet is that everyone would be going on about how it proves that he is our most important player, and how Osman looked like he'd already signed for Dundee.

The overreaction to one individual game never fails to amaze me.

Heres the hard facts with Banzo this season. 9 bookings, 1 goal.

Just saw the goals again on Goals On Sunday. Always difficult to see what's going on up the other end in the North, but my God, Liam Lindsay at that first goal, well let's just say if that had occurred in a primary school match, he would have got hooked, there and then. Amateur defending to say the least. The boy has been a stand out this season, so no real complaints as these things are gonna happen with young players. Be interesting to see how Dan and Fred get on next week, as they didn't overly impress me last season when paired together.

I'd agree with Dan being man of the match! Strange I know as part of a defence which shipped 4 goals.

Being honest, the club should have announced that the MOTM award had been suspended due to the performance....lol. I would have gone with Calum Booth....the best of a very bad lot on the day!

Couldn't go yesterday since I'm in hospital and listening to the commentary I wasn't to confident that I was missing out. Judging, by what I've heard it was one of those Jags' performances that turn up every now and then, when we can do nothing, even the basics right..mLike most punters on here I'm disappointed, but not crushed. To be honest the league out with Celtic is SO tight that it would take either a brave or foolish man to predict the effects of a couple of wins or defeats will have on any teams final league position. We'll just have to roll our sleeves up and try to get back in the groove for Inverness. As for individual players I've been convinced for a few weeks now, that a spell on the bench wouldn't do Lyndsay any harm at all and I always think it's more than a touch unfair to pin the blame for defeat on the young boys like Wilson: when all around him. much more experienced players were letting themselves and the team down