Dundee Utd On Saturday

Vinnyjag

What a shitfest of a day that was.Was in the directors box which is placed directly above where the players run out. Only benefit was that it was inside and nice and warm. Had Blair Spittals dad and family right behind us. He got three pies before the game started and he was one of those feckin noisy eaters. Drew him a few daggers but he didn't bat an eyelid, then the rest of the game it seemed to be a crèche for the players wives young kids. My son went up to get pies at half time only to come back 10 minutes into the second half with a shrug of the shoulders. Looks like the Spittals had demolished the pie quota! Worst part of the whole day was the team. I am one of Archies biggest supporters but that team selection was a total disgrace. Where to start. Why 3 central defenders, why no efforts on goal, why didn't we pepper their goalie who has looked dodgy with cross balls, considering we had plenty of height in the team, why take off Doolan and replace him with Pogba when the two worked so well on Tuesday. Frankly today was an embarrassment, against a very poor side, although it was a nice move that resulted in the goal, and the blame has to lie squarely with the manager.

Edited by Lindau

It is not just the defeat, but the manner of the defeat. I remember our first year back in the Premiership when we finished 10th, losing 16 games. But with a few exceptions we lost with a bit of style. We were determined to get the ball on the deck, and play the brand of football that won us the 1st Division. In doing so, we found the net 46 times.

Fast forward to this season. Our football is really turgid and horrible for the most part. Hoofball to an isolated striker and a bogged down midfield with no creativity. We lose games with little effort and you leave the ground feeling totally uninspired and hard changed. I would hate to see us become another one dimensional team like Dundee United, Ross County or Hamilton, but we are fast going down that road.

If you can play that brand of football and get away with it (think St.Johnstone last season), fair enough, but we can't.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Taking off Doolan our main threat and bringing on a proven non-scorer is nonsense. I gave Archie some richly deserved credit on Tuesday but today deserves explaining

Yeah, couldn't understand that at all, like several other things today. I feel so sorry for Doolan. He runs his backside off, with little or no support, then gets hooked for Pogba when he had worked so well with Pogba on Tuesday. I could have understood that line up if we were up there on league business, but it was absolutely shocking to see that line up against a team that we have beaten twice this season and that are stranded at the bottom of the league and quite frankly they are a very poor side. The fact it was a cup tie makes it incomprehensible!

The talk of top 6 or cup run seems ridiculous now. Archie has said time and time again about a cup run, yet does that? It's frustrating when he says that but sets the team up the opposite. I feel sorry for those die hards that made it, I would have been even more disappointed if I had been able to go

• Like 1

The talk of top 6 or cup run seems ridiculous now. Archie has said time and time again about a cup run, yet does that? It's frustrating when he says that but sets the team up the opposite. I feel sorry for those die hards that made it, I would have been even more disappointed if I had been able to go

Spot om m8 seems to have been a totally wasted trip.

Just back in from Tannadice and driving up couldn't understand the team selection and having watched that still don't .

You could go through the team and reasonably assume Archie was playing for a replay with such a defensive line up but what was more worrying for me as the game unfolded was Archie and Shaggy's inability to actually change the pattern of play whilst watching the game in front of them.

There was obviously the 3 at the back which after 20 mins you could see wasn't working , there was absolutely no pace in our team yet John Rankin was playing as a make shift left back and IMO wouldn't have matched either Elliot's or Amoos pace if they had been brought on earlier ( half time )

Hitting high balls to Doolan and Lawless is criminal , these guys are good footballers so you've got to play to their strengths .

As soon as Doolan and Lawless went off , any goal threat and creativity was gone .

Can't really blame the players tonight as they were adhering to the managements instructions but no idea what was going through Archie's mind today .

• Like 1

"We changed the shape a bit today to combat the different way United have been playing.'

Sorry Archie, but that's ridiculous.

Yep - have to agree.

Watched it online & it was a really poor game.

Lindsay & Welsh standouts for the wrong reasons today I'm afraid - Lindsay looked like a goal / penalty waiting to happen & Welsh was nowhere near the pace.

United are terrible. Bottom of the league for a reason and WE change our style to combat THEM?!? Utter nonsense. Had we gone for it, Utd were there for the taking. Neither team deserved to win really, but can't complain about losing as we showed zero ambition.

• Like 1

Farcical comments from Archie. Sounds like he's going to use this disaster of a system in the future too.

Where was Lawless playing also? The guy is a winger and we by the looks of it played with either one wide player or shoehorned him into another position?

It's disappointing when he look forward to the game thinking we need to take advantage of the players we now have back then not use them well at all. Watching videos of that Nesbitt scoring for fun, then settle for seeing his name on the list of unused subs. I think the majority of folk agreed before hand that Welsh deserved to be dropped. I wonder if Archie is just trying to get his tuppenence worth oot him for the last 2 year. If he had been a new signing in the summer I doubt we would still be allowing him the same chance. He has been consistently poor