Gary Fraser

Lindau

Thought he was on the way back but again he has dropped completely out of the picture in the last two games. Is he injured again? When on form, he is exactly the type of attacking midfielder we need as we get no attacking threat from Abs and Banzo, though it does seems like an eternity since we last saw anything productive from him due to injury and loss of form.

Edited by Lindau

• 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

This thread was started over 2 years ago ..Idont want to be hard on the guy but what other employer would have kept anyone that length of time and even   given them an extended contract and get nothing in return....The mind boggles.....

See Sean Welsh and Stuart Bannigan for the same nonsense. Loyalty is commendable, but there has to be a line to draw regards dishing out contracts to these kind of players.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

This thread was started over 2 years ago ..Idont want to be hard on the guy but what other employer would have kept anyone that length of time and even   given them an extended contract and get nothing in return....The mind boggles.....

It's a fair question you ask.

Sadly, we have to include Stuart Bannigan under that umbrella too.

Can a statto please confirm or otherwise, was the last time Gary Fraser started a competitive game at NDP in March 2016?

1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

Idont want to be hard on the guy but what other employer would have kept anyone that length of time and even   given them an extended contract and get nothing in return....The mind boggles.....

Maybe an employer whose employee got injured in his workplace doing what he was employed to do?

• Like 5

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Maybe an employer whose employee got injured in his workplace doing what he was employed to do?

After a short period your on to capability then out the door.....old Fergus McCann wouldn't waste time with dead wood......right enough there wouldn't be many left at Firhill if we had professionals in charge...............

Some of the negativity on here is over the top.

Gary Fraser is undoubtedly a talented footballer. He has been badly hampered by injuries over the past 2 years but the Club have correctly supported him.

The loan to Morton is an opportunity for him to get some regular fist team football and hopefully play himself back into the Thistle first team for next season.

If you try hard enough you can find a cloud in every silver lining but for a change try looking at the positives.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Two of our loaned out players scoring yesterday.

McLaughlin getting an important goal for the Binos (as he also did last Saturday).

Lamont scoring a well taken goal for Clyde. Tune in about the 2 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nRH8y0p5LQ

Think  Lamont , Mclaughin and Penrice have all got a great chance of making it hopefully in our first team but Archie might have to change his thinking a bit and actually start playing them whatever league we’re playing in. 

• Like 1

I was at Morton v Brechin game where Gary Fraser played full 90 minutes.

He looked a class above at times  but still way off it fitness wise. Also still prone to the odd lapse in concentration, where he'll play a poor pass or needlessly give away possession.  He loves a 50 yard diagonal the boy.

There was an article in the programme on him. Reading this it seems to me that he already thinks his Thistle career at an end.

1 hour ago, Jag said:

I was at Morton v Brechin game where Gary Fraser played full 90 minutes.

He looked a class above at times  but still way off it fitness wise. Also still prone to the odd lapse in concentration, where he'll play a poor pass or needlessly give away possession.  He loves a 50 yard diagonal the boy.

There was an article in the programme on him. Reading this it seems to me that he already thinks his Thistle career at an end.

Must admit when I heard we had put him out on loan I thought that was him finished at Firhill.If we cant find a place for him in the team just now don't see us ever finding him a place in the team.

My first take on the loan was that Gary was going to have to do something exceptional at Cappielow to remain a Jags player next season. Similar in my way of thinking as regards Kevin Nisbet on loan at Dumbarton.  If both players are with us next season I sense that's because they'll be playing in the same league they're playing in just now.  A fit Gary Fraser could potentially be an influential player in all but a handful of clubs in Scotland. However it's not just a level of fitness Gary requires. There's also the question of consistency of performance. With not that many games remaining at Morton  he's really gonna have to hit the ground running.