Accies Game 19/03/16

Lindau

I'll put my hand up. Been there so often with high hopes to have them dashed that I gave up at half time.

Never criticised a Thistle player though

Fair play Dick. I just get annoyed at times the criticism certain players get on here. Sean was probably told at the very last minute that he was right back today and yes he was poor, but so were about another 8 players in the team who were playing in their correct positions, that however changed when he was put into his correct position where he played really well. As for Poggers, yeah he is a striker and we want goals from him, but he unsettles defenders and holds it up well. He is doing a good job up front!

Edited by Lindau

Totally agree BB. Bringing Muzzy on and putting Sean back into midfield turned the game completely.

Remembered today why Mustapha Dumbaya is such a brilliant player. Speed of foot and speed of thought. And he jumps like he has Zebedee springs in his feet.Transformed our right side by spurring Amoo into productive action, and of course the Doolan cross for Edwards came from a move down that wing.

So glad he has signed up for 2 more years and can see him having a big impact on our remaining games.this season. Bit of a cliche, but like a well-timed new signing. He also brings that cheerful positive spirit and fan inspiration that we have lost slightly through Banzo's absence.

Ryan Edwards is also a late season blossomer, and I am sure will be even better with a consistent run in the side next season. Nothing whatsoever against Aidan Nesbitt but it is great that our own midfield players are stepping up and we are not having to rely too much on a temporary loanee.

• Like 3

how did Gaz Miller look in CB today, hardly heard his name in commentary, mostly Seabo that was mentioned. is he signed up for next year aswell Miller? if not, he should be.

I agree, but looking from his view, he is behind Muzzy for right back and probably 4th for central defence. He is likely to get an offer of more football from somewhere

Remembered today why Mustapha Dumbaya is such a brilliant player. Speed of foot and speed of thought. And he jumps like he has Zebedee springs in his feet.Transformed our right side by spurring Amoo into productive action, and of course the Doolan cross for Edwards came from a move down that wing.

So glad he has signed up for 2 more years and can see him having a big impact on our remaining games.this season. Bit of a cliche, but like a well-timed new signing. He also brings that cheerful positive spirit and fan inspiration that we have lost slightly through Banzo's absence.

Ryan Edwards is also a late season blossomer, and I am sure will be even better with a consistent run in the side next season. Nothing whatsoever against Aidan Nesbitt but it is great that our own midfield players are stepping up and we are not having to rely too much on a temporary loanee.

Absolutely. A sense of calm and order arrived when Mussy came on. I suddenly realised how much he had been missed. He's so solid.

I'm very hopeful about Edwards future. Craigenesque. His goal will, hopefully, give him confidence.

Pretty terrible 1st half performance, much improved & more urgency in the 2nd half. Good to have Dumbuya back, thought Miller did well in an unfamiliar position. Lawless was excellent & Edwards was full of running.

Hamilton look awful so very glad that we took 3 points, win against Kilmarnock & we're safe & can focus on a push for the top 6 in the remaining 2 matches before the split.

Great win and a massive 3 points.

Wasn't there so can't comment on individual performances but to come back from 1 down to winning 2-1 is fantastic. Not surprised to hear we were a bit out of sorts first half at the back considering we had to change personnel so close to kick off with no direct replacements really available, but to deal with it so well and come out on top is great. Credit to the team and management for coming out in the 2nd half and turning things around. Also sounds like the subs we made positively influenced our performance, which hasn't always been the case, so well done Archie.

A win v Killie and we're safe imo, however, the win today means even if we lose, we still have some space between us and them. Takes the pressure off a bit. Unlikely, but not impossible, for us to win 2 or 3 of our games left before split and finish top 6. What an achievement that would be.

To be honest, f**kng massive result today. Totally shit first half and we could have gone in more than one down. Archie changes things around at half time, pushes Ryan E further forwards, sticks Welshy in midfield and the whole dynamic changes. And then his subs were immense - swung the game our way. As noted before, Dumbaya calms the whole team done, and with Amoo and Dools in front of him, movement down that side became a beautiful and productive thing. No fear for the next three games - in the second half we played to our strengths and built on the previous (albeit losses) three games qualities.

Thought it was the proverbial game of two halves, we were absolutely shocking first half continually launching the long ball to Pogba, I totally get why Archie plays Pogba but players need to run off him if we're going to be a goal threat.

Thought Doolan's football intelligence for the 2nd goal was brilliant , anticipating Amoos flick on and also picking out Ryan Edwards for the cross . Points were the most important thing today rather than the performance.

• Like 1

To be honest, f**kng massive result today. Totally shit first half and we could have gone in more than one down. Archie changes things around at half time, pushes Ryan E further forwards, sticks Welshy in midfield and the whole dynamic changes. And then his subs were immense - swung the game our way. As noted before, Dumbaya calms the whole team done, and with Amoo and Dools in front of him, movement down that side became a beautiful and productive thing. No fear for the next three games - in the second half we played to our strengths and built on the previous (albeit losses) three games qualities.

That more or less sums it up for me :thumbsup2: . Actually Fraser and Edwards swapped roles late in the first half but that's just splitting hairs. And a midfielder scoring from an advanced position is indeed a Jags rarity. The winner was arguably one of Doolan's most valuable assists. I realise that we were fortunate to reach half time just a goal down but at the same time having to adjust so late to playing with one orthodox central defender was a major challenge.

Great to see Dumbaya back. Thrown into the deep end and, as he didn't start, obviously not near full fitness. Looked like he'd never been away. Real class act.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Fraser & Dumbaya will make the difference both class acts. I do believe that Dumbaya is Archie's best signing to date, the boy has got a football brain, and there's not many players in in out wee skittery Scottish league that that can be said about......

Thought Edwards was immense. He went through the entire 90 minutes at a high tempo and looked like he could have gone another 90 at the end. Never let the opposition settle on the ball, always available for the pass and provided the support Pogba's needed all season.On the basis of that performance, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. (On a less positive note, I thought Fraser was poor. He looks to me as if he's put on half a stone and lost half a yard of pace.)

I thought that the first half yesterday was one of the worst games of football I have witnessed. I don't know if it was the pitch but both teams were as poor as each other.

Welsh was really poor at right back but he did only have 15 mins to prepare for it so can him a bit of slack. He mistimed his jump for the long ball that led to the accies goal and also didn't get close to him man allowing him to turn and pick out the accies player to score easily. He really came onto a game once moved into his natural position in midfield when dumbaya came on.

I lost count of the amount of back passes or hopeless punts up the park to pogba we made. Pogba dos really well holding onto the ball but again there was not one thistle player within 20 yards of him when he got the ball. A lot of misplaced passes by both teams and the ball constantly going out of play made it a half to forget.

A quick goal was what was need and a superb pass from lawless put it on a plate for pogba who couldn't miss.

Archie got his subs and tactics spot on bringing on dumbaya, moving Welsh into midfield, dools on at the right moment and swapping Fraser and Edwards position.

On a whole after the second half I would say all players got pass marks but again there a lot of weaknesses that need to be worked on. Again from set pieces we look shaky defending them and hopeless when we get one.

Seabourne looks shaky every time a defender runs at him backing off for a full 30 yards. He does a lot of shouting and pointing when in actual fact it is his man that he's not picking up. I thought Miller done well moving into central defence but I wouldn't want to see it happen to often.

I think this game was more about the result than the performance so delighted to be walkin away with 3 points and hope this can kick start us to getting into the top 6.

Thought Edwards was immense. He went through the entire 90 minutes at a high tempo and looked like he could have gone another 90 at the end. Never let the opposition settle on the ball, always available for the pass and provided the support Pogba's needed all season.On the basis of that performance, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. (On a less positive note, I thought Fraser was poor. He looks to me as if he's put on half a stone and lost half a yard of pace.)

Completely agree with this. Edwards was by far the fittest player on the field and easily our best player. At times he was shouting at others to get forward when pogba had zero support. Like said above at half time I couldn't see us getting anything and was happy to just be one down but after the goal and muzzy coming on there was only one team going to win it. Special mention for the linesman near side who allowed accies players to steal ten yards every throw in but at least he flagged their second goal offside.

As much as I hate Imrie the first half he was absolute quality however only him and Ziggy Gordon seem to be at that level. Would be sad to see accies go down but only because I live 2 miles from the ground.

Mon the jags. Well done Archie.

First half dire with the ball in the air far too much. Transformation in second with subs and positional changes. However, we've played a lot better against equally poor teams and lost, so lets be thankful for this result. I thought Pogba played well yesterday,took his goal well and gave Hamilton a lot to think about - if the link with Edwards can be developed and Doolan is brought on earlier - the team would be a lot more threatening. The throw ins were diabolocal as someone else has said, and have been diabolical for the last 30 years. A new low was reached yesterday however - we threw one straight back into touch.

Seabourne looks shaky every time a defender runs at him backing off for a full 30 yards. He does a lot of shouting and pointing when in actual fact it is his man that he's not picking up. I thought Miller done well moving into central defence but I wouldn't want to see it happen to often.

Seaborne was poorish against Celtic but I'd cut him some slack yesterday given the circumstances. I'd cite Alex Ferguson who always believed a successful defence needs a centreback pairing that's better than the sum of the parts. When we've been good (often very good) defensively both centrebacks have been more or less equally effective. The understanding between the two being all important.

Personally I thought a lot of the praise Dan was getting for much of the season was often slightly unwarranted on an individual basis at least. It's really been Seaborne's partnership with either Lindsay or Frans that has been the key. So I'm not surprised that yesterday he often looked shaky.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Dundee Utd beat Dundee today, that stops Dundee going above us. We've got to be looking up the way now so the more points utd take off others around us the better. This is as good a chance we will have had to finish top 6 since we came up.

Not sure what the diference in prize money is in finishing top 6, but i'd like to think that bit extra could possibly tie up Osman on a new deal.

Was ill yesterday so missed it much to my dismay. But listened to the commentary.

The thing bugging me about this thread is the thing I've been harping on about all season and probably well before that too. Somebody, maybe more than one person, said about how bad we are at free kicks, corners , defending same and even throw ins.

NOW , given we have done REALLY well after the first nine games with our limited resources how much could we achieve if we offered a bit of threat with set plays and defending them? Some teams don't offer anything else other than being clever in the set piece part of the game. They are usually boring but come into their own when they get a set piece - the old Stoke, St Johnstone just off the top of my head.

WHAT IF WE COULD IMPROVE TO JUST ORDINARY?

Please, please, please Archie do something with this as we have the players I'm sure. Practice makes perfect and we should be doing it over and over and over. It has been attributed to both Gary Player and Lee Trevino but it is as true now and with football as it was in their golfing heyday " the more I practice the luckier I get". For "lucky" read "better"!!!!

I'd like to see Dundee Utd beat Dundee today, that stops Dundee going above us. We've got to be looking up the way now so the more points utd take off others around us the better. This is as good a chance we will have had to finish top 6 since we came up.

Not sure what the diference in prize money is in finishing top 6, but i'd like to think that bit extra could possibly tie up Osman on a new deal.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1331865-spfl-sides-to-share-record-21m-prize-money-payout-in-201516-season/

Roughly 100k difference between 6-7th