New Signing

West Ender

• 3 weeks later...

Dundee boss says Ziggy Gordon deal will not be revived

Talks broke down between Dundee and the player back in May.

It is understood negotiations between Gordon and clubs south of the border have also come to nothing.

Don't know if he's asking for far too much but he would really solve our little right-back crisis. I'm more concerned about finding a quality central defender so if we could tie a deal up with Gordon, who's always looked a steady player at this level, it would just leave us that final position to fill. I wonder if Archie's at all interested.

• Like 1

I think we could acomodate both Gordon and Dumbaya if we had Ziggy at full back and Muzzy pushed further forward

I'd rather find a solid experienced central defender though. I think there are options with Syme or Elliott until Muzzy is fit, but the defence looks young, so an old head to talk them through games would be a better option for me.

I can't believe we would be going to all this bother of looking for defenders if Gordon was both within our budget and interested in signing for us. He's as steady as they come playing right or left back and is accomplished as a centreback into the bargain.

The only way I can see him join us is if he's biding his time as a free agent or he makes a mess of things in the closed season and does a sort of "Balatoni" and settles for anything.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Dundee boss says Ziggy Gordon deal will not be revived

Talks broke down between Dundee and the player back in May.

It is understood negotiations between Gordon and clubs south of the border have also come to nothing.

Don't know if he's asking for far too much but he would really solve our little right-back crisis. I'm more concerned about finding a quality central defender so if we could tie a deal up with Gordon, who's always looked a steady player at this level, it would just leave us that final position to fill. I wonder if Archie's at all interested.

:borat: