New Signing

West Ender

I think its obvious when he left Hamilton he was hoping for either a significantly bigger club in Scotland or team south of the border.

Things have clearly not quite worked out as he had planned and the guarantee of first team football at the start of the season probably persuaded him to sign.

I can't believe we would be going to all this bother of looking for defenders if Gordon was both within our budget and interested in signing for us. He's as steady as they come playing right or left back and is accomplished as a centreback into the bargain.

The only way I can see him join us is if he's biding his time as a free agent or he makes a mess of things in the closed season and does a sort of "Balatoni" and settles for anything.

Clairvoyant?

Big credit to Archie and the board for pulling this off. Shows how far we've come that a lot of our signings and re-signings this summer have turned down sides who would traditionally have been seen as a better option.

We've had players turn down Dundee, Accies, Caley(numerous times), and Motherwell among others, which is quite a good reflection on where we're at.

Think Gordon will be a great signing, and probably move into central defence once Dumbuya is eventually fit. You'd think he'd only be here for a year, but given guys like Osman and Bannigan are choosing to see their long term future at Firhill, it wouldn't surprise me if he extended down the line either.

Big credit to Archie and the board for pulling this off. Shows how far we've come that a lot of our signings and re-signings this summer have turned down sides who would traditionally have been seen as a better option. We've had players turn down Dundee, Accies, Caley(numerous times), and Motherwell among others, which is quite a good reflection on where we're at. Think Gordon will be a great signing, and probably move into central defence once Dumbuya is eventually fit. You'd think he'd only be here for a year, but given guys like Osman and Bannigan are choosing to see their long term future at Firhill, it wouldn't surprise me if he extended down the line either.

Has Gordon played centre back much? As far as I can see he's easily under 6'. I'd imagine another centreback required, someone with a bit more experience than Lindsay and Syme, though not too old. At least we are in a position now to put out a back four with 3 out of 4 experienced players. Gives us another week to get that other CB in - needs to be in soon to have time to bed in.

Has Gordon played centre back much? As far as I can see he's easily under 6'. I'd imagine another centreback required, someone with a bit more experience than Lindsay and Syme, though not too old. At least we are in a position now to put out a back four with 3 out of 4 experienced players. Gives us another week to get that other CB in - needs to be in soon to have time to bed in.

He played centre half in the 2-2 game at Firhill at the end of last season, and think he has played all across the back four on occasion. I think he's such a solid player that he more than makes up for a lack of height.

We could probably do with another centre half, but I've not seen any of Syme or Devine yet, so can't really say how desperate that need is.

I think he's about 5'10-5'11 which is certainly capable at centre back. He also played there in our 2-2 at the end of the season and didn't look out of place. Can also play left back I think, so he's basically a better, non-junkie Jordan McMillan.

Delighted with this signing, I actually had a search on Twitter last night for 'Ziggy Gordon' just to see if he had signed for anyone or if any other fans had mentioned him and there was a few mentions about him going to Bristol City and I thought he'll be out our price range, couldn't believe it when I seen it on the official site today. How

many times do the likes of Dundee,Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Killie etc sign players that we wouldn't mind seeing at Firhill, now we've got Gordon,Devine and Erskine, kept Banzo,Lawless,Osman. We could probably do with another central defender and a back up keeper.

Great signing.

For clarity I was only kinda hinting at this signing in previous posts. An Accies mate thought us signing Gordon was creditable, which still surprised me. The fact we were trialing a left sided defender over the last couple of games convinced me this signing was more than just a possibility.

As long as Ziggy is fit I think we're now covered defensively, tho' it could mean an occasional three at the back situation if a left sided player is out. If the finances are still there then signing Kelly would make a lot of sense.

Hamilton fan at work informed me that he is an accomplished centre-back as well as capable in both full back positions - though not inclined to "bomb forward" in the style of Dumbaya apparently.

Spot on. Exact same said to me by Accies fan today when I showed him the news. He told me he reckoned his best position is in central defence. To say my mate was gutted is a total understatement.....he was in shock leaving work tonight. Absolutely brilliant signing by the club