Stenny On Chews Day

I think it was 4-0!! Lambie basically signed gary gow based on that one performance alone, altho they hammered us he was motm. And jags legend of yore isaac english scored against us!

It was 4-0, but the way I remember it Thistle were by far the better team and pounded them the whole game but still contrived to lose four goals. Gary Gow was outstanding, right enough.

That 4-0 game was horrific. Kenny Arthur's worst game in a Thistle jersey by a country mile. They pretty much scored every time they entered our half and Isaac tore us a new one.

From memory Scott McLean hit the woodwork 3 times and Archie got sent off for violent conduct.

Stenhousemuir are planning ( hoping ) to house all fans in the main stand. Would much rather be in the terrace behind the goal myself

Think some of this lies at door of someone within Thistle.

At Airdrie, heard that stewards said Airdrie had been told by Thistle about 500 Jags fans would turn up. There was about double that.

At Firhill on Saturday in the Northy, they ran out of all hot food by one minute into the half time break, and all mince, steak, chicken pies etc had gone long before halftime whistle. Apparently, someone at Thistle had told the catering people only to expect a "couple of Jags fans" in the Northy. I'm guessing they meant a "couple of hundred" but even then, that's drastically underestimating turnout again.

So, wouldn't surprise me, if someone at Thistle has already said to Stenny we'll only bring a few hundred. Again, seriously underestimating the Jags support.

It's not as if we haven't seen it before, off top of my head, Dingwall, Tynecastle, Dundee, have all seen us visiting in substantially larger numbers in past few seasons as I've found out by talking to and finding stewards surprised by our turnout as they'd been advised by Thistle of much lower numbers.

Stenny will have to open the terracing for us, simple as that.

Edited by north stander
  • Like 1

At Airdrie, heard that stewards said Airdrie had been told by Thistle about 500 Jags fans would turn up. There was about double that.

At Firhill on Saturday in the Northy, they ran out of all hot food by one minute into the half time break, and all mince, steak, chicken pies etc had gone long before halftime whistle. Apparently, someone at Thistle had told the catering people only to expect a "couple of Jags fans" in the Northy. I'm guessing they meant a "couple of hundred" but even then, that's drastically underestimating turnout again.

So, wouldn't surprise me, if someone at Thistle has already said to Stenny we'll only bring a few hundred. Again, seriously underestimating the Jags support.

It's not as if we haven't seen it before, off top of my head, Dingwall, Tynecastle, Dundee, have all seen us visiting in substantially larger numbers in past few seasons as I've found out by talking to and finding stewards surprised by our turnout as they'd been advised by Thistle of much lower numbers.

....but surely not before herding the support into the tightest little area they can find? Only once folk are crammed into this obviously inadequate space, and after the normal three or four minutes of stewards glaring at us just in case we're somehow laying out picnics on spare seats. Only then they'll ceremoniously cut the ribbon and goad the seatless fans elsewhere. Text book stewarding also requires the game to have kicked off and those who were already seated being made to stand to see the pitch clearly.

• Like 1

....but surely not before herding the support into the tightest little area they can find? Only once folk are crammed into this obviously inadequate space, and after the normal three or four minutes of stewards glaring at us just in case we're somehow laying out picnics on spare seats. Only then they'll ceremoniously cut the ribbon and goad the seatless fans elsewhere. Text book stewarding also requires the game to have kicked off and those who were already seated being made to stand to see the pitch clearly.

Haha! Very true. Almost as good as the St Mirren game a couple of years ago that was all ticket, seat numbers on the tickets, packed to the rafters & people were told to sit anywhere! Mucho confusion but what did the stewards do? Not a lot. Then the beggars turned the sprinklers on us!

They ran out of hot food in the JHS also,they seemed to be surprised by the attendance.

I heard that for the December game at Hibs in our first season back up, Ian Maxwell told Hibs to expect around 500 Thistle fans. Over 1,200 showed up and many were locked out of the ground for the first 20+ minutes due to a lack of open turnstiles. We've got previous for this, as you mentioned, and it's frustrating that the club continue to underestimate the number of away fans we take to places. In fairness, they're possibly basing it on our home attendance, which has been relatively disappointing in the past couple of seasons, but they really should have learned by now.

Edited by Roque

Pretty unfair to blame anybody. This is a new format competition. Whose to know how the fans viewed it and how many are likely to turnout

I heard that for the December game at Hibs in our first season back up, Ian Maxwell told Hibs to expect around 500 Thistle fans. Over 1,200 showed up and many were locked out of the ground for the first 20+ minutes due to a lack of open turnstiles. We've got previous for this, as you mentioned, and it's frustrating that the club continue to underestimate the number of away fans we take to places. In fairness, they're possibly basing it on our home attendance, which has been relatively disappointing in the past couple of seasons, but they really should have learned by now.

Iirc at Easter Rd for that game you had to first buy a ticket at a booth. The booth in question didn't open till 2pm meaning you either get there ridiculously early and hang about or piss off back to Middleton's Bar or wherever. If it's the latter you still have to leave pretty early to ensure you're not caught up in the turnstile queue. Easter Rd is just another of the many grounds that go out their way to make it as awkward to get into. Tynecastle, Fir Park and Pittodrie are all infuriating places to visit. Selling away tickets thru the Firhill offices often appears pointless as once you've bought your brief you still have to stand in the same queue as everyone else.

eta Fir Park is infuriating not for the turnstiles but for the general access to the away end.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Sense has prevailed:

https://twitter.com/...873583251128320

We look forward to welcoming @ThistleTweet and their fans to @StenhousemuirFC tonight. Main stand and terracing will be open. #BetfredCup

10:41 am - 26 Jul 2016

However, seems there's a bit of a discrepancy between Stenny and PTFC as to admission prices;

http://ptfc.co.uk/te...emuir/admission

Adults - £12

Concessions - £6

And this wasn't on Stenny website yesterday, but has now appeared:

http://www.stenhouse...016/07/25/1431/

ADMISSION PRICES

Main Stand - Adult £13 Concession (OAPs, Student Card) £8

Terracing - Adult £12 Concession (OAPs, Student Card) £7

Stenny trying to pull a fast one and make extra £'s out of the traveling thistle masses?