Partick Thistle Vs Heart Of Midlothian

jagfox

Overall we played okay against an Aberdeen that seemed a bit off the boil. If we'd avoided two or three brainfart moments we could have brought a point down the road.

Hearts have had a similar sluggish start to the season but seemed to show a bit of life easily brushing aside a disjointed ICT.

A few changes to the team no doubt. Wilson in for Welsh seems a shoe in at the moment. I thought Lawless was very poor on Saturday and I'd bring in Erskine for him and possibly Doolan for Azeez.

Agree. Some folk think Edwards can play there but I don't think he's got the discipline or concentration for that (his energy is best used pressing the opposition further up the field) and Wilson though young looks natural in that position. Only worry would be how two footed he is as I don't see Osman moving from the right. Would be good if we could sign another centre back this week.

my first thought had been to play Edwards in the Welsh role, I like his energy in the team but I agree his best position probably in the number 10 role.

But I wouldn't be averse to Wilson playing there either as he played well in the league cup games. Big game for him to come into, be a good test of his character.

Becoming a little weary of this constant targeting of Lindsay. He made a very obvious, public and costly mistake. No one will be more aware of this and more determined to improve than Liam.

At half time on Saturday I was texting a fellow Jags fan who could not attend the game. I singled out Lindsay for praise, saying that he had won everything. We already have a player.

• Like 6

Scapegoat of next week, but saving you the trouble of going to the game.

Maybe an idea for BowenBoys? All the malcontents enter their "scapegoat of the week". Maybe £5 a shot and it would raise a fair amount.

As you rightly indicate, DD, assuming our "intemperates" agreed, the winner could even be paid out pre match, as it doesn't appear to make any difference. In the event of a draw The Cup could be invited back to initiate a tie break.

And if you do take the trouble of actually going to the game you'll know who to jeer the moment you arrive. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

This'll be my first league game of the season, and I can't wait. Would take 0-0 right now to be honest, we had a couple of properly brutal performances against Hearts last season.

Lindsay is a cracking player IMO, he made a very costly error at the weekend, but literally every single defender in the league will have an absolute horror show at some point. Hopefully he'll come back from it an improved player and will learn when to play it out from the back and when to just punt it clear.

Assuming we don't have any new signings by Saturday, I'd go with:

Cerny

Gordon-Lindsay-Devine-Booth

Osman-Wilson

Amoo-Edwards-Erskine

Pogba

I know Pogba gets slated quite a lot, but I think with Souttar at the back for Hearts he could get a fair bit of joy out of him and bully him in the way we used to see Balatoni regularly bullied by big target men. Edwards work rate could be useful in this game as I'd imagine we'll have less of the ball, and as Erskine is in such fine form and Amoo can be a good out ball in games like that, Lawless drops out. The obvious area of concern is centre midfield. Osman seems to have been pretty poor so far this season, and Wilson is far from the finished article, but with Bannigan, Welsh and Fraser all out, we've not much choice.

I'll be hugely optimistic and say 1-0 Thistle.

team for saturday

cerny

elliott(yes i know he cant play right back) devine lindsay booth

gordon osman

lawless erskine

doolan

azeez

i've choosen christie at fullback (if match fit) to allow ziggy to move into a more central role with osman

lawless on the right side his best position imo and erskine on left both being free to interchange as and when

doolan playing in front of these two

and azeez up front

i know azeez is still a bit raw however he has the movement and height to get in amongst the jambos back line and keep them busy

we do have a goal threat in this team much more than last year so lets get the ball quicker to our forwards

onwards and upwards lads and lassies :thumbsup:

and please lets play the ball on the deck