Ziggy Gordon

Lindau

I accept I'm probably in the minority on this (a familiar position), but I remain to be convinced by Gordon. He certainly talks a good game, but I don't see the quality he clearly thinks he has. Good crosser of a ball, I'll give him that, but he's not particularly fast, nor are his defensive abilities that high class. And he's certainly no centre half. I hope he comes on to a game and proves me wrong, but at the moment Booth is a better player for me. And Dumbaya is better than both of them.

Edited by Firhillista
  • Like 2

In the Evening Times piece today.

More or less saying he'll only be here for the term of his contract.

Just read that, ah well, if he does a job for a season and Dumbuya comes back as good as he was before i'd be happy. He talks often about top six being achievable for us, hope he's right and will do his chances of moving south next season a world of good.

Edited by Graemei

I accept I'm probably in the minority on this (a familiar position), but I remain to be convinced by Gordon. He certainly talks a good game, but I don't see the quality he clearly thinks he has. Good crosser of a ball, I'll give him that, but he's not particularly fast, nor are his defensive abilities that high class. And he's certainly no centre half. I hope he comes on to a game and proves me wrong, but at the moment Booth is a better player for me. And Dumbaya is better than both of them.

Gordon will be alright at centreback provided he's paired with a big 'un. I don't think there's much merit in the Gordon/Devine central partnership as already witnessed tho' it has to be said Ziggy didn't have much of a pre-season.

Lost count of the times I've seen him play against us and I can't recall him ever playing poorly. I know it's all about opinions but I don't think Booth is nearly up to speed in comparison to last season. Again he didn't have a proper pre-season. I think what's encouraging is that both players, who I feel have been steady if not spectacular so far, are most likely to improve as their match fitness returns completely.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Its actually refreshing that he is saying just now that his career ambitions lie elsewhere, rather than the usual shite we are used to hearing from some players. More importantly in order for him to get a move upwards at the end of the season, he will need to play well for us, therefore a win win all round

Its actually refreshing that he is saying just now that his career ambitions lie elsewhere, rather than the usual shite we are used to hearing from some players. More importantly in order for him to get a move upwards at the end of the season, he will need to play well for us, therefore a win win all round

In short - I'm with Firhillista.

Ziggy will certainly need to play better this season than he did in the game at New Douglas Park in March which I attended.

Amoo tore him a new one in the first half of that one, and after Muzzy came on he was lost with the interplay between the two. Ryan Edwards' winning goal came down his side from an Amoo flick-on to Dools.

He was steady against the Jambos two weeks ago, but overall, and despite his career aspirations (and there is nothing wrong with having those), there's a reason why he's ended up at the Jags this year.

Yes it's a win-win for us, but Ziggy should be thanking his lucky stars Muzzy got injured or he could have been at Kilmarnock..........or Ayr.

Happy for him to prove me wrong on the park, though!!!

Edited by Barney Rubble

From what I have seen so far, Ziggy looks a decent player and a committed & determined competitor...an upgrade on Jordan McMillan and far more intelligent & articulate but with a less colourful private life.

However, I have not immediately thought that he was a player who looked destined to play at a higher level. He is a very competent replacement but has not yet shown anything that makes him look better than Dumbuya or Stephen O'Donnell. He has always looked a superior player to his former Accies team-mate Stephen Hendrie who was inexplicably signed by West Ham for a reported £2.3m so who knows.

Good luck to Ziggy anyway - I hope he has an enjoyable & successful time at Firhill for however long he is here.