Cup Draw - Monday 28 Nov.

JeanieD

I would happily trade relegation for a Scottish Cup win.

There's not a single man or woman alive who has ever seen us win it. Plus it would mean seeing us play European football.

Two things that most jags fans have never seen and may not likely see again.

You would be mad not to trade it off for relegation.

• Like 1

Speak to any Hibs fan and they will tell you that 3+ seasons in the championship was well worth it for the cup win they enjoyed this year.

Agreed.

Relegation is something we can all relate to, winning the cup would put all those years of pain to bed!

Also, doing it the Hibs way with a last minute winner against Rangers, not sure it would get much sweeter than that.

• Like 2

Forget winning the Cup. First and foremost the ultimate glory has to be to be gaining a top six place. Just imagine sitting your grandchildren on your knees* and proudly telling them of the day we didn't concede a late goal and, with Motherwell only drawing at home against Killie, we gained a top six place due to superior goal difference. Get ambitious, folks. That's true glory.

* difficult if you've more than two grandchildren

• Like 1

She tuned in on the wireless

She was not alone. Legend has it, the game was boycotted and attendance was low, because it was moved to Parkheid and the prices were hiked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vfOMQPNMY

As a boy, in the mid '80s, I used to sit in the centre stand near a guy who did claim "I was there". "Auld Murdo". Anyone else remember him? My memory is of a bunnet and club tie wearing fan, unassuming, smiling, white haired old gent in a trenchcoat.

He wasn't at every game, and I didn't really speak to him as much or in depth, as I wish I could now.

However, I do vaguely remember him telling me he set off from North Woodside road, went on one of the old horse drawn brakes to the east end , there was indeed much grumblin about the entry charge, it wasn't a very good game and he didn't have a very good view of the goal ( shite view away at parkheid, who'd have imagined? ) cause he was right down the front of the terrace and there were railings in the way... Though, some of that might be mixed up with other accounts I've read or heard. ...

I also seem to remember him saying the polis had the batons oot cause people were climbing the walls and rushing the turnstiles, and that he reckoned it was local celtic fans because alot of jags and h*ns stayed home due to the price hike and inside it was a very mixed crowd and strange atmosphere.... not that it spoiled his day though!

ETA ... "Auld Murdo" - North West Bus man?

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1