Jambos 17/12/16

Garscube Road End

Need to get Lawless back in the side to see if we can get some chances created.

...........................Cerny

Gordon.....Barton.....Lindsay.....Booth

.................Osman.....Edwards

Amoo...............Erskine...........Lawless

.........................Doolan

I'd say this is our strongest starting XI, Bannigan & Dumbuya would come in if fit but this is our best XI on paper & should be given a chance.

• Like 1

I'm in no great rush to see Amoo start. I thought he was rotten against Celtic and has shown very little this season, that he is worth keeping his place.

The move that saw Gordon booked against celtic just typified that.

As I said on the other thread I would give Amoo a go up front. Falls out the game too easily out wide but he could do a decent job up front with his pace and he is good in the air. If you don't buy a ticket......

As I said on the other thread I would give Amoo a go up front. Falls out the game too easily out wide but he could do a decent job up front with his pace and he is good in the air. If you don't buy a ticket......

Take your point. Archie's already played him thru the middle on a couple of occasions this season albeit as a late substitute. Think tho' he'd realistically only play up front in a partnership with Doolan (in a 3-5-2) or at a push with Erskine or Lawless.

And he has been known to score, so might be worth a try

Amoo had a fantastic game away at Kilmarnock but appeared to drift after that, apart from his brilliant cameo against St Johnstone. He seems a really nice guy, but lacking that edge of confidence and even that wee streak of selfishness that often breeds success.

I would like him to make aiming towards the goal, cutting in to shoot and score his main option, with going wide to cross a default, rather than the other way about as seems to be the case for him. He has in the past showed good hunger in the box to bury headers and scrambly loose balls.

He should be going on to the pitch saying "I am going to score today" and back himself to do so.

I would like him to make aiming towards the goal, cutting in to shoot and score his main option, with going wide to cross a default, rather than the other way about as seems to be the case for him.

This tho' is my problem with Amoo. He's shown nothing when on the rare occasion he's switched to the left. This is doubly annoying as often Lawless has to play out there, which is his third best position. It's unusual these days to have a winger that's not versatile and unfortunately Amoo is an exception to the rule.

4-2-3-1 is more attacking than the 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 we have played recently.

Personally I'd go back to the 3-5-2 to try and stifle Hearts and get a foothold in the game.

Cerny

Gordon Barton Lyndsey

Elliott Osman Welsh Edwards Booth

Azeez Doolan

What formation would you suggest, is more attacking?

I said a more attacking line up. Amoo for example, hasn't done enough to merit a start. Having Dools isolated up front hasn't worked either.

I would prefer us to have the shape that has been most effective and that's 352 with our 2 strikers on from the start.

Edited by Big Col

Agree with Jagfox about 4-2-3-1 being the most attacking of our usual formations. My problem with that (repeating myself from elsewhere) is if you play Amoo the contribution Lawless makes when forced out left is often minimal. I suspect we'll play the 3-5-2 partly due to our defensive woes but also such a short pitch probably benefits wingbacks.