St Johnstone Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 11 February

jagfox

Would love a tie against a lower league side for a better chance of getting to Hampden so the thousands of glory hunting Jags "fans" that don't go to any other cup or league games can have a day out.

What a mean spirited bitter statement. Aye let's get a crap draw and get beat just to spite these "fans". That'll teach them!

• Like 2

What a mean spirited bitter statement. Aye let's get a crap draw and get beat just to spite these "fans". That'll teach them!

Not to mention a lot of "occasional" fans can only make games when finances/work/family allow it. But they will make the extra effort for an especially important game. As you say mean spirited and also unfair.

Close to a 2 hour round trip walking from Perth Station to the stadium in the biting cold...but it was well worth it

We were brilliant in the first half, and capitalised well when we were on top. I thought Barton was simply magnificent and one of the best footballers I have ever seen in red and yellow.

Second half I felt our midfield was a tad too deep which meant we never got to the second ball once we'd cleared it. But overall, we were fantastic and Archie got it spot on.

Oh, and also a well done to that small band of St.Johnstone fans. Scorn all you like, but the flags and noise is what Scottish football has been missing in the "sit down, shut your hole and eat your pie" era. They kept singing to the end, so fair play. Just won't be your year.

• Like 2

Back in the old days of the column we had a rule at MMCF to wit we never said I told you so.

But it has to be said, defending a 0 - 1 lead for neigh on 80 minutes, we never visited the corner zone except for a legitimate corner, we didn't roll around at an enfringment for five minutes or take an eternity for a by-kick and we played like we definitely wanted to score another.

That's entertainment!

• Like 3

You and Mr Bunny seem to be misinterpreting my meaning.

A tie against a lower league team gives us a better chance of getting to Hampden than a tie against the OF or Aberdeen. Yes?

At the last semi when we played Rangers there were around 10,000 Jags fans but at the following home game 7000 were posted missing. I appreciate not everyone can attend games during the season regularly. But a drop of 7000.

You must share my disappointment at that surely?

Edited by Big Col
  • Like 1

Good result and fairly solid once we got ahead. Will wait for the highlights to see if any of the Saintees second half chances were close. Noticed their double second half substitution took about 10 seconds rather than the 2 minutes last week. Thought everyone put in a shift especially Ade up front.

Edited by Motherwell Jag
  • Like 1

Strange how the saints supporters also say the ref gave them nothing. Probably meens he was pretty neutral.

I wish just once that someone from any team wouls say the ref had a good game.

I thought the ref was fine today. When I say we didn't exactly get the rub of the green it was far more down to not getting the run of the ball than whistling indecisions.. There was a bit of inconsistency over the bookings but you don't know who's had the verbals from the ref beforehand.

• Like 1

Strange how the saints supporters also say the ref gave them nothing. Probably meens he was pretty neutral.

I wish just once that someone from any team wouls say the ref had a good game.

When the ref isn't mentioned he's had a good game, imo ;)

Tactics spot on against ante football team.

It appeared that Archie changed formation right away as we lined up with a flat back 4 with Liam at LB. presume we looked at their shape and adjusted and how well this worked! Big Liam maybe had his best game for Thistle, playing LCB.

I thought Welsh was mom and hope he has now upped his game to the required SPL standard. What an improved player he is.

And superb to see Ade getting it right into Anderson. He played his heart out for the team. Anderson should have been booked early on for a shocking foul on him but the wee diddy ref just waved play on. This happens far too often.