Azeri Away

Vinnyjag

Kinda sad to hear this. I loved watching him play up until he got in front of goal. I always questioned Ade's decision making but hoped it would improve. I doubt anyone can claim he was any better a player at the end of the season than he was earlier on so I suppose we should welcome this news.

Not really concerned at the moment but we're losing more pace and strength. Feel that's something that has to be redressed and that could narrow our options in our search for suitable forwards.

Kinda sad to hear this. I loved watching him play up until he got in front of goal. I always questioned Ade's decision making but hoped it would improve. I doubt anyone can claim he was any better a player at the end of the season than he was earlier on so I suppose we should welcome this news.

Not really concerned at the moment but we're losing more pace and strength. Feel that's something that has to be redressed and that could narrow our options in our search for suitable forwards.

I'm sorry but it's Azeez, there are many better strikers out there than him. I agree he was a hard worker and gave his all but that's not enough in professional football, you can't just work hard, you need the technique too as well as the hard work. You can disagree but I think Azeez leaving has strengthened the team, he had the most shots on goal of anyone in Scotland and scored... 3 GOALS!

• Like 1

I'm sorry but it's Azeez, there are many better strikers out there than him. I agree he was a hard worker and gave his all but that's not enough in professional football, you can't just work hard, you need the technique too as well as the hard work. You can disagree but I think Azeez leaving has strengthened the team, he had the most shots on goal of anyone in Scotland and scored... 3 GOALS!

Why did you highlight my post, KJ? I don't see where we disagree unless you're disputing the bit about lacking pace and strength in the forward areas.

The law of statistical averages suggest that Archie has to (even accidentally) get the next attacking signing right. Lyle Taylor has been his only good acquisition in a long line of total duds.

Ipswich newspaper quoted as saying that we are looking at bringing in on loan, 6ft 5" Kieffer Moore. Very good scoring record in the lower leagues, although some English L1 clubs like Rotherham are also after him.

Kids Listen......and listen good. The boy was a bad amateur. If he had ability he kept it to himself, if he had any skill he never showed it. One thing is for sure he's got a good agent. I can only wish him luck but would highly recommend a career change cause he isn't going to make it as a footballer

• Like 1

I'm quite surprise at the news. I thought that we would be going with Doolan, Azeez and Nisbet for this year and I did hope that Ade would come good and prove the critics wrong. I think that there is a good player in there if he finds the right club and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets double figures for Cambridge this season.

Having said that, it was clear that it wasn't working and that he had lost the good will of most fans. It was therefore right for both Ade and the club that he move on. It is also great for us as a new striker is far more exciting to talk about than a left sided defender !

The only surprising thing is we got money, and maybe a decent bit as there were apparently a few teams 'fighting' over his signature. At the end of the day he wasn't good enough. I didn't believe for one minute Archie would have lead us into this season with Doolan supported by Azeez and Nisbet. In Archie we trust

• Like 1