Sevco At Firhill 15/9/17

Auld Jag

Collum had the chance to book the no 20 on several occasions, for diving, fouls, sly kicks etc. He should have been off by ht. ...the no 20 should have a good look at himself. What a pathetic twat. He should be embarrassed but of course won't give a stuff. Sevco really are a rag tag of foreign mercenaries....

That was the Wunderkind More-or-less: he really should have been red-carded after attacking a Thistle player after play had moved on, but Mr Collum conveniently was otherwise occupied.

Thought our distribution and possession was poor tonight, our battling was excellent though and happy with the result, if we'd played with the speed and passing we did against Aberdeen we may have won. Scully had no chance at either goal and I thought he played well. I think we'll beat them on Tuesday

This. (Run out of likes.)

How could Collum end up with 5 yellows and a red and not one for a Rangers player? From w*anker signs to kicking and pulling, not to mention the theatrics designed to get men sent off. What a mug.

Is that a fact??

I was that wound up in the game I didn't notice. How the f*** those puddledrinkers got through that game unencumbered by proper sanctions by Collum et al beggars belief.

Jack's lunge at Edwards for a start, and Dorrans should have had one for daring to turn up at Firhill in a Sevco shirt.

The Good

3-4-3. A positive formation. Making the most of our talents and giving us the ability to be positive and take on Rangers.

Miles Storey. A big strong player. Mobile. Can hold it up. Takes people on. An improvement on Ade Azeez.

Paul McGinn looks a decent player. Happy with that bit of business.

Scully is a keeper. Past his moments of past couple seasons. Comfortable when he is in goal instead of Cerny.

We are much more comfortable at the back with 3 and we have the players to make it work.

When was the last time you saw a subs bench as strong as that?

A big crowd. Close to extra £100,000 for the club which is big money for us.

The Bad

We are a better team than some of the players give themselves credit. More confidence will bring positive results.

The stay away fans. The team needs all the support it can get. People staying away does not help. We need to get over this "morality police" identification and define ourselves as Thistle fans instead of defining ourselves as being not Rangers (or Celtic).

Chris Erskine getting sent off. Deserved a red. Let down the team.

The Ugly

All those Rangers fans! An ugly bunch! :)

That tackle by Jack.

• Like 1

Anyone going on Tuesday should be well entertained with a good chance of victory for the good guys.

Cost is not excessive so could everyone please get along to support the Jags? Don't be glory seekers and leave it till the final.

I recall the quarter final in 1971 vs St Johnstone. Superb! PUmped them 5-1 after losing 1st leg 2-0.

• Like 1

If I had a spare six figure sum I'd donate it to Thistle on the proviso that we didn't let the ugly sisters treat Firhill as their home away from home whenever they visit.

Great match that, when it was 11 v 11, we bossed. The moment Erskine got sent off we automatically deferred to our cap tugging worst and sat back inviting the equaliser.

Did anyone notice during warm up our groundsman asking Rangers coach (looked like a Portugese Billy Dodds) and their goalies if they would move over and use the other temporary goal for their warm up? He seemed to be met by a torrent of abuse from coach and the goalie with beard and they refused to do so. I did note groundsman going to Ian Maxwell trackside to protest but to no avail.

If ever there was a time to switch on the sprinkler early or burst their 'bawes' with fork it was then.

The Good

3-4-3. A positive formation. Making the most of our talents and giving us the ability to be positive and take on Rangers.

Miles Storey. A big strong player. Mobile. Can hold it up. Takes people on. An improvement on Ade Azeez.

Paul McGinn looks a decent player. Happy with that bit of business.

Scully is a keeper. Past his moments of past couple seasons. Comfortable when he is in goal instead of Cerny.

We are much more comfortable at the back with 3 and we have the players to make it work.

When was the last time you saw a subs bench as strong as that?

The Bad

We are a better team than some of the players give themselves credit. More confidence will bring positive results.

The stay away fans. The team needs all the support it can get. People staying away does not help. We need to get over this "morality police" identification and define ourselves as Thistle fans instead of defining ourselves as being not Rangers (or Celtic).

Chris Erskine getting sent off. Deserved a red. Let down the team.

The Ugly

All those Rangers fans! An ugly bunch! :)

That tackle by Jack.

A lot to agree with there. Kinda disagree that Miles Storey is an improvement on Azeez. Fairly sure he will be but only when he scores goals. Ade was every bit as good as Storey re the qualities you mention. To be fair Miles won't have to score many to be an improvement on Azeez. :)

I do disagree with your comments about stay away fans. I'm sure within that sector are many Jags fans that support Thistle home and away loyally and have done thru thick and thin for countless years. I've no doubt within these "stay away fans" are folk who have spent thousands and continue to do so following Thistle.

• Like 1

"Erskine was not getting much going for him, grabbed his goal then sent off."

I'd agree with the first part of that. Erskine was as guilty as anyone else of passing a ball that didn't work. His goal was good and all, but I am pretty sure he didn't feel his overall performance was that great. The 'lunge', if that is what we are going to call it, was perhaps almost as much about over-extending, Just because you want to win a tackle. perhaps, Health and Safety went out of the window?

Frankly, Rangers were not in a brilliant position whether he had stood up, tackled or just fallen on his arse.. It is that misjudgement, or the need for it, that tells you a couple of things about Erskine. He is 'up for the team', his commitment needs to be better placed on the park. Oh! And he doesn't apparently fear Rangers or their referees.

The Bridge is strong.

There are several other players who may have been able to adjust to just losing, almost always, second balls, I don't think Erskine likes it much. And neither do I.

That 51 for the club?

Great player.

Agree entirely, Squiddy's sending off arose from trying too hard to recover the ball: rather than any malicious intent. In my opinion him and Spittal represent the only two genuinely creative players we have at Firhill. Says much for his character and commitment to this club that he refuses to succumb to the genuflection of Rangers, that some of our players may have done in the past.

• Like 1

As I saw it, we were in the ascendancy at 2-1 and a third goal looked to be a distinct possibility. The red card changed everything.

Scully got a fingertip to Dorrans' shot; I feel that Tam, had he been fit, would very likely have saved it. We'll never know of course.

How Morelos, or whatever he's called, got away with that wee kick on Jordan Turnbull, only WC and the linesman on that side will know.

Should've said at the beginning that I thought we were Dot Cotton in the first half, continually giving the ball away, but what a transformation in the second.

It is difficult, and maybe even a bit churlish, to be unhappy with a point, but they were/are mince and were there for the taking. I strongly fancy us to do the basturts on Tuesday. Nothing at all to fear.

Footnote: could the club cordially present the SPFL/SFA/Polis with a recorded medley of their Friday night party songs album? I'm sure some of the masons and orangemen on these noble bodies would be most grateful.

Edited by Blackpool Jags
  • Like 3