Winter window

That 1 jags fan

29 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Brice wasn't too bad a footballer (in the defensive mid doesn't have to be anyway mode) but his fitness levels were shocking. 

He was a shocking footballer and nothing to do with fitness levels, smacked of desperation by Archie clearly signed via a video montage of his best bits, stolen a wage all season 

• Like 2

Really difficult time for the Jags board. How long do they stick with Caldwell? His results have been terrible but a slight upturn over the last while and he looks like he has done decent business in the window. 

We were unlucky against Falkirk - two big refereeing decisions went the wrong way. 

Falkirk though I think will pick up considerably as they have adding quality to their squad. 

A big defeat could still could be enough for them to act though. 

Edited by Alan Murray

25 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Really difficult time for the Jags board. How long do they stick with Caldwell? His results have been terrible but a slight upturn over the last while and he looks like he has done decent business in the window. 

He’d hoped to have another CH signed today but it delayed, 3 signings due before Wednesday as waiting on other clubs getting folk in to let us get those coming out, this includes a striker I’ve heard, if he shifts Keown, Mutomba and Bell maybe 2 more lined up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

He’d hoped to have another CH signed today but it delayed, 3 signings due before Wednesday as waiting on other clubs getting folk in to let us get those coming out, this includes a striker I’ve heard, if he shifts Keown, Mutomba and Bell maybe 2 more lined up.

i am drunk so excuse my maths lol - if we get rid of mutombo, keown, bell - we will sign 5 players before deadline day?

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

No chance Bell is going anywhere unless we fork out roughly £50 k ,unless another team wants him , the others a lot less obviously, our recruitment of players Is seriously flawed and is costing the club a lot of money in getting rid of players under contract . 

30 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

No chance Bell is going anywhere unless we fork out roughly £50 k ,unless another team wants him , the others a lot less obviously, our recruitment of players Is seriously flawed and is costing the club a lot of money in getting rid of players under contract . 

Were these players all Archie’s choices or was Gerry involved in the recruitment process as well?

9 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m sure you are right Norge, but I’m wondering how we are funding a temporarily larger squad at the moment when we’ve had to be so careful with player spend in recent years?

I may be wrong, but I don’t think any of the Weirs money goes into the core players budget.

23 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’m sure you are right Norge, but I’m wondering how we are funding a temporarily larger squad at the moment when we’ve had to be so careful with player spend in recent years?

I may be wrong, but I don’t think any of the Weirs money goes into the core players budget.

We're going to make a big loss this year. Don't think the board can do much about it.

Getting through to the next round in the cup could help a lot though. 

Somewhat dark.

Has Alan Rough got a son or a daughter?  If he has they should be in the Thistle Youth Academy right now. He was our best ever goalkeeper. And it might pass down the genereations, or not.

Sorry,

Binge watching 'Gotham'

Still,

Does he?

Perhaps the board should investigate?

Perhaps Alan Rough should investigate?

Or is talent limited to a single generation?

Who is the son of Messi? Perhaps no-one, but  the child will try, I'd expect.

Is talent a single generational 'thing' or not?

I don't know.

Neither do you.

Thoughts?

Article in the newspaper this morning with Cammy Bell , been told to train with the youth team etc , just my opinion whether you rate Cammy Bell or not and I don’t , it’s not the way to treat senior pros and sets a bad example to everyone connected to our Club.

The arrogance of Caldwell is beyond belief .

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Article in the newspaper this morning with Cammy Bell , been told to train with the youth team etc , just my opinion whether you rate Cammy Bell or not and I don’t , it’s not the way to treat senior pros and sets a bad example to everyone connected to our Club.

He’s not the only player that’s been told to train with the youths, Keown is too

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Delighted to hear he's training with the youths. Delighted he's nowhere near the first team. I was always concerned that we were too 'nice' under Archibald - too many 'really nice guys' signed who fitted well into the squad, but made us an easy three points all too often.  Time to get some right ******** in. Time for some ruthlessness. It's not a youth club we're running - seriously don't care if some 'senior pro' has his nose out of joint because he's been held to account for some frankly attrocious performances. There are a few others in that squad I hope are training with him and the youths...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

We need them all to move on....he’s not part of the first team squad and it’s not an unusual thing for a manager to do ......didn’t Archie do it ?

using every little thing to beat Caldwell up isn’t going to help 

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Well we’ve not been paying out any win bonuses...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Firhillista said:

Delighted to hear he's training with the youths. Delighted he's nowhere near the first team. I was always concerned that we were too 'nice' under Archibald - too many 'really nice guys' signed who fitted well into the squad, but made us an easy three points all too often.  Time to get some right ******** in. Time for some ruthlessness. It's not a youth club we're running - seriously don't care if some 'senior pro' has his nose out of joint because he's been held to account for some frankly attrocious performances. There are a few others in that squad I hope are training with him and the youths...

Yeah that’s working , where are we in the league?

Doesn’t really work that way in a provincial club where senior pros like Erskine, Doolan and to a lesser extent Cammy Bell have an influence on the younger players because of the careers they have had over a long period of time . We’ve haven’t got a massive first team squad in the first place , so what happens if Mcginty or Saunders gets injured , are we going to call Niall Keown from the youth team

It doesn’t lead to a group of players wanting to burst their guts for their manager when they see their teammates isolated from the group .

If you treat people with respect, you’ll maybe get a bit of respect back 

The clock is ticking on Caldwell , he’s done nothing to justify his arrogance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We need them all to move on....he’s not part of the first team squad and it’s not an unusual thing for a manager to do ......didn’t Archie do it ?

using every little thing to beat Caldwell up isn’t going to help 

Move them on then , Falkirk did it on the 4 th January, paid up contracts , players left the club and they got new players in .

We’re still messing around on the last week of January, surely if you’ve got  new players in at the start of January there might be an improvement in results in all the January fixtures.