Winter window

That 1 jags fan

Earlier in the season I'd have said Elliot but he has improved and Penrice looks like he might need a break.  Both Elliot and Penrice can play different positions so it's not impossible they could both stay in while McMillan plays though that's not likely to happen unless injuries/suspensions elsewhere force it.  The main thing is we have looked all season that a couple of injuries/suspensions could leave us without any full backs and now we have some cover at last.

Does Caldwell not rate Andy McCarthy whatsoever? Just me who thinks he is a good player at breaking up play as a defensive minded midfielder with a bit of energy about him too ,I know he’s had injuries but he’s hardly had a sniff this season and with some games under his belt I’d of really thought he would have been one of the better midfielders in not only our team but actually the whole division. Seems to be a the forgotten man. Equally I would have Gordon terminated ASAP to free up a space ,although a decent player it’s a waste of time seemingly at the moment (maybe he has went back already someone correct me if I’m wrong). 

Think McCarthy will go out on loan. Leaving him here for the rest of the season will do him no good whatsoever. 
He really should have played on Saturday.  The defense still looks shaky and with no tackling midfielder in front of them just makes the problem worse. Harkings should solve this problem but as we know he is suspended for Saturday. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Does Caldwell not rate Andy McCarthy whatsoever? Just me who thinks he is a good player at breaking up play as a defensive minded midfielder with a bit of energy about him too ,I know he’s had injuries but he’s hardly had a sniff this season and with some games under his belt I’d of really thought he would have been one of the better midfielders in not only our team but actually the whole division. Seems to be a the forgotten man. Equally I would have Gordon terminated ASAP to free up a space ,although a decent player it’s a waste of time seemingly at the moment (maybe he has went back already someone correct me if I’m wrong). 

McCarthy has been been struggling with injuries but Caldwell has played him

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

McCarthy has been been struggling with injuries but Caldwell has played him

A shame I really thought he’d be a key factor in a promotion pushing season ,how wrong was I :loco: Equally though I wouldn’t loan him out as  if we can keep him fit he’s surely some kind of asset to us.

Edited by HeWearsNumber9

20 hours ago, laukat said:

Sorry, not sure what you're point is?

No one does laukat. Just playing the part of a sometime wannabe wind up merchant today. Usually worth reading but today?????? Wrong aide of the bed. Pay no heed

Edited by Guest
Spelling mistook

Just now, elevenone said:

Cammy Bell on Sportsound tonight.  Been told he can leave.  Not unhappy about that.

Me neither, he was okish but have seen much worse in a thistle jersey, then again those replacing him are a huge improvement.

20 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Had a pop at Caldwell, apparently. That's enough to make him a hero in some folks' eyes, despite him being a fat fraud.

The fraud around Firhill at the moment is Gary Caldwell.

2 wins in 16 games in the Scottish Championship is unacceptable by any standards you choose to judge it by..

And another thing, your use of the word 'apparently'  re Bell - that gives away that you never even heard Bell's interview in the first place.

Tells us all what we need to know about the validity of your opinion.

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Cammy Bell only 6 months into a 2 year contract 

At his age and condition, we will be very lucky to move him on. Think we may well be his last club as a professional footballer.

He's no Paul Gallagher.

Edited by AndyMac