Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy McD

JAGS V GYPSIES ,TRAMPS,&THIEVES 02/01/2021

Recommended Posts

Said last week after the Falkirk game I felt a tad more hopeful of our chances. Strange reaction as the points difference remained the same, and the result on paper suited Falkirk more than us. A week later I've moved another tad up the hopefulness scale and we still haven't scored. :)

I guess this element of positivity is borne from the notion we've scored so few goals so far yet we're still in contention. We shouldn't therefore need to up our scoring rate that much to be thereabouts. Put another way we could still be relatively goal shy and get to top the league. That's the theory, anyway.:)

 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no expert but I would imagine that USH has it's limits. Given the depth  of frost it's possible that it would have been a waste of electricity.

There were probably a hundred people on the ice on Queen's Park boating pond on Saturday afternoon. People ice dancing, curling and playing ice hockey. Walking on it this morning I saw a penny that somebody must have dropped yesterday. There was 5mm of ice on top of it today. Even if it warms up this week, the USH may be needed to thaw the pitch before Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am taking on board all the economic arguments, but I presume that if games keep having to be postponed due to a frozen pitch that USH might have been able to clear, at some point another factor will enter into the equation, namely the undesirability of a substantial fixture backlog.

Even the amazing 2012-2013 team, which did so incredibly well to keep winning two games a week and hunt down the front-running Morton, began to show the strain, as witness the away game at Raith where the fans literally carried the 10 men over the line. Dunfermline's demise enabled us to recruit 2 quality defenders (much better than the type of free agents who would normally be available) for the last ten or so games. Without top notch reinforcements and fans' backing, would the current squad have the resilience to keep going strongly through such a demanding schedule? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I am taking on board all the economic arguments, but I presume that if games keep having to be postponed due to a frozen pitch that USH might have been able to clear, at some point another factor will enter into the equation, namely the undesirability of a substantial fixture backlog.

Even the amazing 2012-2013 team, which did so incredibly well to keep winning two games a week and hunt down the front-running Morton, began to show the strain, as witness the away game at Raith where the fans literally carried the 10 men over the line. Dunfermline's demise enabled us to recruit 2 quality defenders (much better than the type of free agents who would normally be available) for the last ten or so games. Without top notch reinforcements and fans' backing, would the current squad have the resilience to keep going strongly through such a demanding schedule? 

Its only a 27 game season. Hardly demanding....players should be well rested considering no football feb to October! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm no expert but I would imagine that USH has it's limits. Given the depth  of frost it's possible that it would have been a waste of electricity.

There were probably a hundred people on the ice on Queen's Park boating pond on Saturday afternoon. People ice dancing, curling and playing ice hockey. Walking on it this morning I saw a penny that somebody must have dropped yesterday. There was 5mm of ice on top of it today. Even if it warms up this week, the USH may be needed to thaw the pitch before Saturday.

We wont put the USH on. We will run scared of Blue Brazil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AirdrieJag said:

Totally agree.  It's the sensible decision.

Agreed - it’s also the environmentally friendly thing to do as well - 6k to heat up a pitch is an astonishing waste of money when there’s is no income* to speak of - why the f*** should we shell out on heating costs when we got swindled into fitting it in the first place (along with the 10k seats), swindled out of our position in the championship & swindled out of the recent payout when we only got 150k instead of 500k.

First real rant of the new year over!

* I’d be interested to see the figures on the home streams since the first/only (?) one many weeks ago that detailed 6k-plus paying for the stream.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

We wont put the USH on. We will run scared of Blue Brazil.

Are you not reading the comments above about sensible budgeting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, Norgethistle said:

Having the heating on for 2 days plus floodlights from 2pm will cost the club around £10000, all at a time when no fans are paying in. Not having the heating on will save us around £6000, it makes perfect financial sense not to have it on as a rearranged game won’t affect the crowd or income, I think we should be kicking of at 12 in the winter in empty stadiums to remove the cost of floodlights 

£4k for a few hours of lighting??? Are you factoring in the cost of the bulbs as well?

Each rig has about 24 lamps I think - so 96 lamps - assuming metal halide 1000 to 1500 lux on for a handful of hours shouldn’t be more than a couple of hundred per game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm no expert but I would imagine that USH has it's limits. Given the depth  of frost it's possible that it would have been a waste of electricity.

There were probably a hundred people on the ice on Queen's Park boating pond on Saturday afternoon. People ice dancing, curling and playing ice hockey. Walking on it this morning I saw a penny that somebody must have dropped yesterday. There was 5mm of ice on top of it today. Even if it warms up this week, the USH may be needed to thaw the pitch before Saturday.

I hope it wasn’t you that grassed them to the fun police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, exiledjag said:

 

- Clyde would have fancied their chances given our goal scoring form and injuries so this decision will sicken them - and that's good

 

 

Going by the Clyde fans on pie and bovril, the complete opposite was the case. Even when pointed out by Thistle fans that we find it very difficult to score and we didn't have a recognised striker who could play they were still convinced we would win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I hope it wasn’t you that grassed them to the fun police.

Was unaware of that, had to Google it. Ludicrous. Hope the 'concerned' resident had a really miserable weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2020 at 4:53 PM, Bobbyhouston said:

Get Big Niang up top for game because if he plays at the back he will be tore a new arse by Goodwillie 

Never thought I'd say this, but thank god McCall is our gaffer.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jaggy said:

With the predicted weather ahead I’d be surprised if it gets played on that date

BBC weather app shows weather as relatively mild from Saturday onwards for 10 days. Then again it is the BBC.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jaggy said:

With the predicted weather ahead I’d be surprised if it gets played on that date

:thumbdown:

 

21 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

BBC weather app shows weather as relatively mild from Saturday onwards for 10 days. Then again it is the BBC.....

:thumbsup2:

 

Come on, Team, work together. :confused1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Gives us time to shite it again.

And time for your regular shitey posts. Oh joy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×