What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

4 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Everyone needs to start calling for McCall's head/blaming everything on Archibald now, so that if/when things go wrong at the beginning of the season, they can say, "Telt Ye! Why huv we goat three managers anyway?! The club's rotten from the inside oot!"

Don't worry. I'll be the first in the queue, but I think that (unfortunately) golden bollocks is safe until the new season starts, so I'll save my breath.

Don't forget we still have Montrose on Tuesday surely that falls into the must win, not lose ... must not be seen being visibly drunk playing a football match?

Also we still have a large degree of schadenfreude to discuss

Will Brechin go quietly? Will Stranraer tip over the caravans? Will Falkirk redefine 'Hibs-ing it'? Which team will David Hopkin be responsible for relegating from the Championship?

• Like 1

For the next 3 months we can talk about

- how great we were  in the past month

-whether we should forgive and forget OR  black list all the clubs who voted to relegate us or who commented critically, and if the latter

- which clubs we are going to support with our money and hopefully attendence, for example, ICT, possibly Hamilton

- which clubs we should blacklist, for example, Dundee (backstabbers), (Bill Clark's) Raith Rovers, Queen of the South (there will be winners and losers), Dunfermline (SPFL Board Members) and Alloa SPFL Board Members); also take your pick from Ayr (then chairman donated £5k to the Arabs, Raith & Cove for legal expenses) Morton and Arbroath; have I missed anyone? 

- might need to add Kilmarnock or (take your medicine) Ross County but hopefully not Hamilton  to the list. 

- I will develop another list for the season after next for SPL Clubs. 

As implied by my post it will be evident I am, in this matter, not a forgive or forget person. As per this season I will continue to donate cost of attending away games to Jags. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, laukat said:

Don't forget we still have Montrose on Tuesday surely that falls into the must win, not lose ... must not be seen being visibly drunk playing a football match?

Also we still have a large degree of schadenfreude to discuss

Will Brechin go quietly? Will Stranraer tip over the caravans? Will Falkirk redefine 'Hibs-ing it'? Which team will David Hopkin be responsible for relegating from the Championship?

I will take great delight in watching Brechin falling out of the National League.

Got me really angry when the Brechin  chairman said "there seemed to be a consensus (among league 2 clubs) that no single club should be punished so severely due to the current exceptional circumstances"!

I emailed him to ask him why he did not feel the same last year and why as an SPFL Board Member, if he did feel this way, he supported the relegation of H, PT & S; I pointed out to him his 'new' stance was inconsistent with his former views and I ended my communication by suggesting Brechin should if beaten in the playoff games (which at the time  although still awaiting a decision I was sure would take place)  take their medicine and go quietly to the Highland League in accordance with SPFL rules. 

Of course there has been no reply!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Will our triumphant victory be overshadowed by this breaking news? Could even knock the Boris Slease patter off the front pages.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-caramel-wafer-cup  

Does this mean ICT and Raith have to share the caramel wafer? Does one get the wrapper and the other biscuit? Or does Doncaster have to weild a ceremonial knife to ensure equal portions?

• Like 1

• No "Must Win" games
  • No votes to decide relegation
  • No court cases to challenge decisions
  • No pending takeover bids
  • No risk to the managers job
  • no BobbyH and his cargo
  • no BobbyH and a new thread every 2 minutes
  • no BobbyH threatening to go away for good only to come back after 72 hours
  • no FT announcing every second week or so that Caroline M has won the half-time jackpot again
  • no directors statements

Going to be a bit dull around here

I've added to your initial list DD - any more?

Edited by gianlucatoni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll still be talking about one of the most miraculous thistle comebacks of my time watching them. Looking forward to mccall keeping the team moving forward and I think we may surprise a few teams next year. We have won double promotions before, so why not. 

Management-wise the most important topic will be how do we keep Big Wull on board. The dramatic impact his team talks have had on performances and results will have been noted and no doubt he will receive offers from teams in higher leagues and even perhaps from big business and/or Hollywood. What would make him pledge his future to Firhill? 

2 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Management-wise the most important topic will be how do we keep Big Wull on board. The dramatic impact his team talks have had on performances and results will have been noted and no doubt he will receive offers from teams in higher leagues and even perhaps from big business and/or Hollywood. What would make him pledge his future to Firhill? 

Cleaning the pigeon **** off his seat should do it

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

does anyone have any idea what McCall has been alluding to revealing in interviews - what's he got up his sleeve?

In a Zoom meeting earlier this season he said he was doing an interview with Tom English about what went on last season and he won't be holding back. To quote him: "Maxwell will get it, Doncaster will get in and I don't know who Murdoch McLennan is but he will get it as well"

2 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

In a Zoom meeting earlier this season he said he was doing an interview with Tom English about what went on last season and he won't be holding back. To quote him: "Maxwell will get it, Doncaster will get in and I don't know who Murdoch McLennan is but he will get it as well"

Chair of the SPFL

I hope Bobby Houston is getting his cairgo ready for the Euros, I’d be interested in knowing what beers are in his standard cairgo. You can’t really call a bag of craft beers as a cairgo, I think that’s more of a ‘sesh’ so I’m thinking he’s on the TL or Nelson Mandela. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Nope. I’ve not changed my opinion on him.

Well as someone once said you can't please all of the people all of the time. As someone said earlier one league defeat in last 18 games. 6 wins out of last 7 and goals galore. Maybe a double promotion might get you onside?