Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
javeajag

McCall and Next Season....

Recommended Posts

If Tiff signs our starting 11 is starting to  look very promising. I’d guess 2 Center backs and 2 winger/attacking players in now.
Wonder if Penrice leaving would mean another player coming in? 

Yeah surely it’s time for O’ware to move on.. Im really disappointed it didn’t work out for him because I was always a fan of his when he played for Morton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say who we get in Goalkeeper wise will depend on who sign to finish off our defence,

I’d take Wright back from Rangers If we get enough experience heads in defence I’d be happy with 2 youngish goalkeepers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there are more signings to come We can only assume St Sales are going well. 

There is certainly a buzz/air of anticipation around the club at the moment! McCall would call this momentum. Are we as fans beginning to think that a back to back promotion is a possibility? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Encouraging news on the signing front- McCall definitely seems to be keeping the momentum going. Sounds as though tiffoney will be the next to be announced- but suspect penrice will be going the other way as very little has been said about him thus far by McCall and he’s out of contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Well lads! Aguero signs for Barcelona! Bugger!

No loss.

He had thirteen years to lace Kris Doolan's boots and never once came close.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

I’d say who we get in Goalkeeper wise will depend on who sign to finish off our defence,

I’d take Wright back from Rangers If we get enough experience heads in defence I’d be happy with 2 youngish goalkeepers.

Agree. 

Wright's performance in the final game v Montrose (and his mistake for the first goal) was uncharacteristic! He has the makings of a very good keeper. 

I also think that Sneddon is showing signs of maturing and it is worth persevering with him. 

Against Airdrie when we were under pressure in the second half his dealing of the high ball took a lot of pressure off our hard pressed but resolute defence. Also he has very good technique in terms of getting his body behind the ball. He hasn't yet shown the 'great save' that Wright has shown but hopefully that will come! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

10.15 am and no signings? McCall out. Sack the board!

Not one of our signings but imo a good-un for us. Billy Dodds is new ICT coach.

 

eta I mean new permanent ICTcoach

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Agree. 

Wright's performance in the final game v Montrose (and his mistake for the first goal) was uncharacteristic! He has the makings of a very good keeper. 

I also think that Sneddon is showing signs of maturing and it is worth persevering with him. 

Against Airdrie when we were under pressure in the second half his dealing of the high ball took a lot of pressure off our hard pressed but resolute defence. Also he has very good technique in terms of getting his body behind the ball. He hasn't yet shown the 'great save' that Wright has shown but hopefully that will come! 

The only thing for me regarding Sneddon is that he has been with us since 2017 and I had hoped he would have matured as a goalkeeper a bit quicker than he has done so far.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Prey to the legend Lambie in heaven that this signing is true.

If it is true, you do know that in August he will pick up an injury that will end his season. It is the script that all big signings follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If it is true, you do know that in August he will pick up an injury that will end his season. It is the script that all big signings follow.

Or it will end up like Keown, impressive on loan, but once signed up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If it is true, you do know that in August he will pick up an injury that will end his season. It is the script that all big signings follow.

 

12 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Or it will end up like Keown, impressive on loan, but once signed up...

Come on guys lighten up less of the negativity .....................................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

 

Come on guys lighten up less of the negativity .....................................................

Indeed 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Indeed 

 

Excellent post. one of the best in all the years of the forum..and also my favourite film of all time must have seen it 20 times...Cheers Jag 1970.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming Tiffoney signs our starting eleven with ages in brackets start to look something like this

Sneddon (24)

Foster(35)-Brownlie(27)-A.N.Other-Holt(28)

Turner (23)-Docherty(28)-Bannigan (28)

Rudden (21)-Graham (34)-Tiffoney (23)

Its a starting eleven that has as many players at the peak of their career (ages27-29) as players with potential (ages 21-24). If Bell or another centre half over 30 signs or Dobbie we are still quite a young team with pace, potential, experience and leaders.

The remaining squad places so far are mainly made up of relatively experienced younger players such as McKenna, Niang, Gordon, Murray and MacIver.

If you consider that only Bannigan, Sneddon and Gordon were in Caldwells team thats quite a turn around in less 18 months. Gone are the jobbing proffessionals looking for a pay cheque but giving little in return.

Whatever happens next its nice to see a proper transfer strategy and structure that look like building a team for both the present and the next few seasons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, laukat said:

Assuming Tiffoney signs our starting eleven with ages in brackets start to look something like this

Sneddon (24)

Foster(35)-Brownlie(27)-A.N.Other-Holt(28)

Turner (23)-Docherty(28)-Bannigan (28)

Rudden (21)-Graham (34)-Tiffoney (23)

Its a starting eleven that has as many players at the peak of their career (ages27-29) as players with potential (ages 21-24). If Bell or another centre half over 30 signs or Dobbie we are still quite a young team with pace, potential, experience and leaders.

The remaining squad places so far are mainly made up of relatively experienced younger players such as McKenna, Niang, Gordon, Murray and MacIver.

If you consider that only Bannigan, Sneddon and Gordon were in Caldwells team thats quite a turn around in less 18 months. Gone are the jobbing proffessionals looking for a pay cheque but giving little in return.

Whatever happens next its nice to see a proper transfer strategy and structure that look like building a team for both the present and the next few seasons.

 

Thus far Sneddon hasn’t been signed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

The only thing for me regarding Sneddon is that he has been with us since 2017 and I had hoped he would have matured as a goalkeeper a bit quicker than he has done so far.  

Isn't that  because managers tend to prefer "more established" keepers or loanees who are expected to go right into the first team? It's not surprising if it seems to take a long time for a youngster to mature in those circumstances. It looked to me like Sneddon was looking absolutely fine as our keeper the longer last season went on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×