Friday in Fife, storm Eunice

thebiglemon

50 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

As I don't think we have the squad to win the league then top four is our target. So a defeat for Rovers is fine by me.

I’d be surprised if we don’t make the playoffs considering that ICT and Raith’s form have absolutely dropped off a cliff- assuming both fail to win today (which looks very likely), they each will have no wins in their last 9 games. Meanwhile our form is decent when we do play. While the fixture backlog may cause the form to dip, hopefully we can avoid such a drastic run of results 

2 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I’d be surprised if we don’t make the playoffs considering that ICT and Raith’s form have absolutely dropped off a cliff- assuming both fail to win today (which looks very likely), they each will have no wins in their last 9 games. Meanwhile our form is decent when we do play. While the fixture backlog may cause the form to dip, hopefully we can avoid such a drastic run of results 

This. It’s setting us up nicely for top 4. I knew one day we’d thank Sean McGinty

Thought results went our way today. I normally don't mind games in hand but 4 plus scheduled will put a lot of pressure on the squad.

Looks like a similar situation to last season when we had to come from behind and cope with a punishing schedule.

I would feel happier if we were relying on 3/4 players gor goals rather than  one (Gráham).

Come on McIver and Jakubiak- break the habit of a life time and get us some goals!

Couldn't resist saying this - Dundee bottom of SPL.........wonderful!

9 minutes ago, Odd Fellows said:

Why are BBC reporters idiots? They have written that Raith have 4 games in hand over us, do they actually take any interest to check their facts out with the ugly sisters?

BBC Reporter also saying Killie have a game in hand over Arbroath when of course its the other way round. Inept in the extreme.

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

From a positive note I suggest today's results increase our chances of gaining a play off spot. Our chances of winning the league outright however remain static at best.

I would actually say that with Arbroath dropp 2 points and they being top our title chances have marginally increased. Win all our 14 games and we are champions. 

5 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

Would imagine the mobilisation of police, stewards, match officials etc at such short notice would be an issue. 

Correct MJ. This option is mentioned from time to time but no matter how sensible it seems, the main reason is that the police won't sanction fixtures arranged at short notice. They need time to sort out their staffing rotas.  

Would say overall, it was a good day for us and it's also a good thing that we're out of the cup, though it pains me to say it.

The result on Tuesday coming will tell us a lot and a win would keep me believing.

The team that wins this league, may not have to be the best one. It will be the one that has the most belief and the most bottle.

If we close the gap at the top to 2 or 3 points with a few games to go, I'd back us to win the league.

Arbroath are in new territory and Killie don't impress me much.

Do they have the bottle? Not convinced they do.

Do we have the bottle? After last year, that's an easy yes from me.

Roll on Tuesday.

As others have said ICT and Raith Rovers are on a bad run of form and with our games in hand it would be very disappointing if we did not manage to make top 4. But with us playing 6 games in 3 weeks we need to pick up maximum points early on. For me with us playing so many games in this short space of time we could end up with injuries and suspensions that could catch up with us nearer the end of the season. we also don't know what our form will be like. The teams in the bottom half of the league seem to have improved and at the moment every team has something to play for. There will be no easy games. We need to get the points on the board and this could take some pressure of in the run in.

15 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

As others have said ICT and Raith Rovers are on a bad run of form and with our games in hand it would be very disappointing if we did not manage to make top 4. But with us playing 6 games in 3 weeks we need to pick up maximum points early on. For me with us playing so many games in this short space of time we could end up with injuries and suspensions that could catch up with us nearer the end of the season. we also don't know what our form will be like. The teams in the bottom half of the league seem to have improved and at the moment every team has something to play for. There will be no easy games. We need to get the points on the board and this could take some pressure of in the run in.

I broadly agree with the above but would like to empasise a couple of points.

Firstly the improvement in the bottom 5 is I think an important point and not one  that has escaped IMC. He has been making the point for weeks that taking points from the bottom 5  will have a big influence on who wins the league.  So in short all of the teams in the top have of the table will probably drop points to teams lower down the league not just The Jags.

Last point. I think Kilmarnock's Lafferty could be the difference that secures them automatic promotion. I am also confident that if we can get a bit of momentum from actually playing games and getting a couple of wins then we could push  Killie all the way.

• Like 2