Dundee v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

From PT official site.  Common sense from Dundee. Well done!

Dundee FC have confirmed that cash gates will be in operation for our trip to the Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park on Saturday afternoon. There will be no facility to purchase tickets in advance with four turnstiles open in the Bob Shankly Stand for the Red and Yellow Army.

Tickets are priced as follows:  Adults – £24  Concession(over 65)/Student – £16  Under 18s – £10   All tickets will be sold through cash gates at Dundee. There is no facility for purchasing tickets online for this fixture.

Having a cash gate is indeed common sense.

By far the lesser of two evils but not being able to pre purchase as well isn't good news. Gotta think that things run that bit faster when you just flash your phone at a scanner than handing over money and waiting for change. Oh, I know btw that wasn't the case at NDP where it was the other way round, but Accies are an exception. Most clubs treat away supporters with little consideration but at Hamilton you're treated with near complete contempt. Four turnstiles open ain't a lot. And, if the over zealous stewarding, that Dens was well noted for is still in place, I'll be getting there a bit earlier.

Dundee don't seem to be in top form at the moment losing at Dens to Arbroath and drawing at Kirkcaldy to Raith. So one point from their last two games - a mini slump!

Our record at Dens in the last few years has been reasonable and we have won there already this season. If we play well I would think a draw is the least we can expect and a win is possible but we have to play very well.

Dundee will be up for this game more so than usual because of their last two results. We have to match their motivation and work rate and above all our midfield has to stamp its authority on their direct opponents.

I will go for either 1-1 or a close 1 goal victory! C'mon the Jags!!

Disappointing and wrecks various carefully laid plans for the day! I am sure that Dundee would have wanted the game to be on, as the away support would have been much bigger than it will be on a future midweek.

Only small consolation is that I have some good memories of midweek victories at Dens Park, so hopefully we can replicate these. If Darren Brady, Scott Boyd, Andy Gibson and Ade Azeez can score in wins there, surely any of our players can? 

7 hours ago, Stephen1876 said:

Dundee’s game against Dunfermline in the Challenge Cup postponed again last night. They may well be facing the same issues as us last season with a backlog of fixtures and an unplayable pitch. 

Shame Dunfermline never had a midweek game on a heavy pitch 

As a supposedly superior Championship side, should we be relying on Dunfermline playing an extra game for to win this tie?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

As a supposedly superior Championship side, should we be relying on Dunfermline playing an extra game for to win this tie?

A full time club well ahead in the tier below playing a middle of the table full time club the division above. And in silly wee 10 club leagues to boot. In any season such a fixture is rather unlikely to highlight any gulf in class. I'd make us favourites due more to home advantage than either status or performance. Any other advantage would've been most welcome.   

• 3 weeks later...