Summer comings and goings

Jaggernaut

10 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Oh well don't suppose every suggestion will find favour.

With regard to Akinola, Rudden and Jakubiak I was thinking that with Doolan's superior player management skills he would be able to do a Fitzpatrick conversion job on which ever player (s) we resigned. Don't forget in the first half of his stint at Firhill EVERY poster on this thread thought Akinola was a great signing.

Also we shouldn't forget that post-Doolan there was only one direction Fitzpatrick was heading and that was out the door.

Fitzy has talent, it’s taken a good coach to unearth it again 

2 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

There’s an update from the chairman on Facebook. Seems like we’re going for promotion and the budget was increased last week to support that. Also, plenty wanting to invest in and sponsor the club. 

I just watched that on the club website 

6 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Oh well don't suppose every suggestion will find favour.

With regard to Akinola, Rudden and Jakubiak I was thinking that with Doolan's superior player management skills he would be able to do a Fitzpatrick conversion job on which ever player (s) we resigned. Don't forget in the first half of his stint at Firhill EVERY poster on this thread thought Akinola was a great signing.

Also we shouldn't forget that post-Doolan there was only one direction Fitzpatrick was heading and that was out the door.

Nonsense Fitzpatrick was heading out the door.  He had scored vital goals already including ones against Arbroath that got us a lucrative cup tie against Aberdeen and then against Dunfermline in the cup which helped us get an even more lucrative game against Rangers.  We would have struggled financially otherwise. 

You were probably calling for Elliot to be resigned last summer when he was released for Dundee which would have seen us miss out on JCk McMillan

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

There’s an update from the chairman on Facebook. Seems like we’re going for promotion and the budget was increased last week to support that. Also, plenty wanting to invest in and sponsor the club. 

Just a pity it wasn’t a couple of weeks ago and we may have had a better chance at keeping Turner and co

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I’d take Alston from Killie who is out of contract. Maybe Robinson can have a word with him. Good midfielder, won the league with Killie a few seasons back. He’s saying he feels he can still do a job in the Premiership or a good Championship team.

Did we not try to sign him a few years ago?

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Nonsense Fitzpatrick was heading out the door.  He had scored vital goals already including ones against Arbroath that got us a lucrative cup tie against Aberdeen and then against Dunfermline in the cup which helped us get an even more lucrative game against Rangers.  We would have struggled financially otherwise. 

You were probably calling for Elliot to be resigned last summer when he was released for Dundee which would have seen us miss out on JCk McMillan

Under IMC Fitzpatrick's general  performances were poor. In fact I recall numerous negative comments from other posters not only about his performances but also his attitude, for example, playing like he wasnt interested and variations of this. You must have read these yourself.

However since Doolan became manager Fitzpatrick has not only upped his game but also his attitude. Doolan is certainly getting more out of him than IMC.

Had IMC remained as manager then given Fitzpatficks general lack of interest, application and commitment I believe he would have been out the door. This was actually suggested by other posters as well so it isnt nonsence. I for one am delighted there has been a change of attitude by the player and by his extended contract.

Your comment about our ex- club Captain Christie Elliot and McMillan is nonsence and not worth a response.

1 hour ago, jags on tour said:

I’d take Alston from Killie who is out of contract. Maybe Robinson can have a word with him. Good midfielder, won the league with Killie a few seasons back. He’s saying he feels he can still do a job in the Premiership or a good Championship team.

I thought about Alston as well. As a young player with Falkirk he seemed to have loads of potential and a big future in the game. For some reason he never really kicked on.

I was surprised he left Falkirk for St Johnstone. I didn't think they were a good 'fit' for him and that this is where his career stalled. He should have gone to a team like Hibs who  try to play attacking football as against the stodgy stuff St Johnstone played at that time. He would have flourished with Hibs.

I decided we probably couldn't afford him and also that as a midfielder he isn't committed enough for the way Doolan wants us to play. Doolan  talks about outworking the opposition where as Alston seems to flirt in and out of a game.

Not the type of player we need

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

He referenced “investment from America”.  I mean, I’m flattered….but I’ve only done the monthly to TJF and the new kit purchase….  😜

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Under IMC Fitzpatrick's general  performances were poor. In fact I recall numerous negative comments from other posters not only about his performances but also his attitude, for example, playing like he wasnt interested and variations of this. You must have read these yourself.

However since Doolan became manager Fitzpatrick has not only upped his game but also his attitude. Doolan is certainly getting more out of him than IMC.

Had IMC remained as manager then given Fitzpatficks general lack of interest, application and commitment I believe he would have been out the door. This was actually suggested by other posters as well so it isnt nonsence. I for one am delighted there has been a change of attitude by the player and by his extended contract.

Your comment about our ex- club Captain Christie Elliot and McMillan is nonsence and not worth a response.

Just because a few people suggested he was going out the door including you doesn’t mean it was going to happen.  He was still contributing more than some, and had become an easy scapegoat he was injured at the end of the previous season with QOS and didn’t have a full pre season with us either.

howeever I do agree that Doolan has been far far better at getting Firzys confidence up and the best out of him than McCall was.  Not just Fitzy but several of the players 

• Like 1