Thistle v Ayr

thornwoodjag

1 minute ago, thornwoodjag said:

Just noticed we are playing Ayr on Halloween night. Has that always been in the fixture list ? Don’t remember seeing it. Is it a rearranged fixture from later in season ? 

Does it matter, providing it isn't a horror show ?

I have been aware of it for some time, so I suspect it has always been there

55 minutes ago, thornwoodjag said:

Just noticed we are playing Ayr on Halloween night. Has that always been in the fixture list ? Don’t remember seeing it. Is it a rearranged fixture from later in season ? 

Always been there. Arbroath played Queens Park a number of weeks ago when they both had a free Saturday. Think that game might have been brought forward from Halloween.

We now have 2 games rearranged for BBC Scotland Raith Rovers now 8th December and Dundee Utd 29th December, both away.

21 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Does it matter, providing it isn't a horror show ?

I have been aware of it for some time, so I suspect it has always been there

Judging  by recent results hopefully this will be another horror show for Ayr!!

If we can field McMillan and Milne at fullback to blow out the winger who gave us some problems during the first half at Ayr in the last game......Logan Chakmers?

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Judging  by recent results hopefully this will be another horror show for Ayr!!

If we can field McMillan and Milne at fullback to blow out the winger who gave us some problems during the first half at Ayr in the last game......Logan Chakmers?

Chalmers 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Who is fit to play? KD says Ngwenya, Fitzpatrick and McMillan unavailable (though latter two back in training) but is Milne fit? McKenzie at RB again I suppose. At least Aero will be back to stiffen the back line.  If Milne isn't fit we might have to play Williams at RB and McKenzie at LB. Hope to all the gods  Milne makes it. 

The above was actually Mr Bunny's post in the Scottish Cup draw thread, but as it went down the wrong burrow I have re-posted it here.

In answer to Mr B's point about what we do if Milne is not fit and McKenzie has to be re-assigned to LB, then I would prefer to see Aero at RB with Williams at centre back. Williams was uncomfortable at RB v Raith Rovers and apart from 10 minutes of shakiness was OK v Queens Park at centre back and hopefully has developed some understanding with Neilson. Aero is a competent RB and could perhaps unleash some long throws as well!

Having said all that, I hope Milne makes it. His injury on Friday did not look too serious.

On 10/29/2023 at 6:45 PM, jaggy said:

Are Milne and Ngwenya injured?

Doolan's preview said Ngwenya is out, as well as Fitzpatrick and McMillan (though latter two back training - bench maybe?). Didn't mention Milne so there's hope, though I seem to remember him limping off on Friday. Hope Milne at least is back. At least Aero will be back.

2 minutes ago, Mr Bunny said:

Doolan's preview said Ngwenya is out, as well as Fitzpatrick and McMillan (though latter two back training - bench maybe?). Didn't mention Milne so there's hope, though I seem to remember him limping off on Friday. Hope Milne at least is back. At least Aero will be back.

I see I've been quoted from where I posted in the wrong thread. 

Ah ... now I've found the edit option.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I wonder with our current absentees, there is an argument to play three at the back and utilise the energy of McKenzie and Milne as wing-backs?

Would then be McInroy/ Lawless, Bannigan and Stanway in the middle with Tomi and Brian Graham up top.

Might not be pretty but could be effective?

• Like 1