scottish cup draw

elevenone

I must have missed the change to the rules. I thought that by finishing 4th in the Championship last year, we were effectively the 16th best team in Scotland and went straight into the draw for the final 32 in January!

No doubt somebody will tell me that this rule was changed 5 years ago!

What a dull draw this is when we had the potential to play lots of different teams for the first time. 

24 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I must have missed the change to the rules. I thought that by finishing 4th in the Championship last year, we were effectively the 16th best team in Scotland and went straight into the draw for the final 32 in January!

No doubt somebody will tell me that this rule was changed 5 years ago!

What a dull draw this is when we had the potential to play lots of different teams for the first time. 

There are 20 ties, so I guess only the Premiership teams from this season get to round 4 automatically. Not sure when it changed

15 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

So we will play them and Dundee Utd 5 times this season and possibly more if we are both involved in the play offs 🥱

Aye, I know.

The fault for that tho' lies firmly with the SPFL and its inane league set ups. Having an open draw in the Scottish Cup is both traditional and part of the competition's appeal. But it's often the Cup games that get devalued and repetitive fixtures are partly to blame. The vey fact we're playing nine clubs at least four times each makes getting a different club in the Cup all the more attractive. Bad enough watching what could be only 12 different teams at Firhill in a 10 month season. Lose this game and those who travel to away games will be stuck with visiting 11 clubs this season. 

There's a lot of outside influences that negatively affect attendances at games. Little if nothing can be done to rectify that. But Scottish Football, primarily the SPFL, simply exasperate things. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 4

Who is fit to play? KD says Ngwenya, Fitzpatrick and McMillan unavailable (though latter two back in training) but is Milne fit? McKenzie at RB again I suppose. At least Aero will be back to stiffen the back line.  If Milne isn't fit we might have to play Williams at RB and McKenzie at LB. Hope to all the gods  Milne makes it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Seems rather early to open match thread for PTFC v QP so I will not do so. Instead I will resurrect this older thread to ask a question about the cup tie.

Was hoping to buy tickets but both the links in the news item on the official website https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/queens-park-ticketing-information-4/ appear to be broken, and are coming up with "Server Error". I have tried via Google searching etc to try and find another way in to PTFC Tickets or something similar, but without success. Does anyone have any ideas, failing which I will wait and hope that the link is fixed? I will try and phone the club if I get a moment tomorrow morning.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I bought a ticket this morning before it was mentioned on the PTFC website. See if you notice a mistake? Perhaps being corrected and maybe reason for "Service Error"?

QP Cup 001 - Copy.jpg

Had to think for a minute there. Worked my way up from the bottom. Date and time seemed OK, as were the teams (though I could be a bit pedantic as to why a dot after F but not after C). When I got to the top I finally realised!

22 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Bring back the good old days when you could turn up and pay your money at the gate, wonder what happened to all the guys that worked the turnstiles???

For games not covered by season ticket i go up to portacabin behind JHS and get my ticket there on the day of the game.

IIRC before covid you could add games not covered by the season ticket on to the ticket either via online or a phone call to the office.

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

For games not covered by season ticket i go up to portacabin behind JHS and get my ticket there on the day of the game.

IIRC before covid you could add games not covered by the season ticket on to the ticket either via online or a phone call to the office.

This is a bugbear of mine, okay for most cup games bit didn't get my own seat once during the playoff games last season.

How hard can it be? You can add ticket to the APP but not necessarily for your ST seat.

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

This is a bugbear of mine, okay for most cup games bit didn't get my own seat once during the playoff games last season.

How hard can it be? You can add ticket to the APP but not necessarily for your ST seat.

It is for me too. We are there early enough that we got our usual seats. I guess the only way around it would be to issue designated seating tickets.

23 hours ago, jagfox said:

Considering the Club (rightly imo) went out of its way to provide a "singing" section within its allocation of away tickets at certain games last season, you'd think above would be simple. Besides the same principle applies if only marginally insomuch as the atmosphere is always going to better when fans aren't split up.

A major part of the appeal of having a ST is having a designated seat. So why not extend that appeal? Another benefit of having a ST is knowing you don't have to arrive unduly early to guarantee you'll be sitting besides your usual cronies. If routine Cup games were included (re seating) then it would make purchase of season tickets more attractive.  

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Considering the Club (rightly imo) went out of its way to provide a "singing" section within its allocation of away tickets at certain games last season, you'd think above would be simple. Besides the same principle applies if only marginally insomuch as the atmosphere is always going to better when fans aren't split up.

A major part of the appeal of having a ST is having a designated seat. So why not extend that appeal? Another benefit of having a ST is knowing you don't have to arrive unduly early to guarantee you'll be sitting besides your usual cronies. If routine Cup games were included (re seating) then it would make purchase of season tickets more attractive.  

I am pretty sure it used to be the case that your seat was reserved for cup games. It would be an issue if a game was particularly busy and some ST holders didn’t go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I am pretty sure it used to be the case that your seat was reserved for cup games. It would be an issue if a game was particularly busy and some ST holders didn’t go.

It was the case up to a few seasons ago. Has there maybe been a change in the ticketing portal?