Morton v Thistle Jan 13

Well we got our point ansd Welsh did the business for Queens Park.

My apologies to QP and their fans for doubting them. I just couldn't see them doing anything  away to Raith! A big well done to QP.

Also to the Jags and the travelling support  our 12th player! Must have been a big travelling support as the attendance is reported as just over 3500.

Well done everyone.

3 minutes ago, elevenone said:

much better 2nd half.  looked a stick on pen at end for us.  Stanway prob lucky only to see yellow for that challenge after it but can see his frustration.  A point gained on Raith and onwards to Scottish Cup.

6 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Well we got our point ansd Welsh did the business for Queens Park.

My apologies to QP and their fans for doubting them. I just couldn't see them doing anything  away to Raith! A big well done to QP.

Also to the Jags and the travelling support  our 12th player! Must have been a big travelling support as the attendance is reported as just over 3500.

Well done everyone.

Still would like to see Queen’s Park relegated- if they are in the same division as us they will just overspend massively 

No doubt there will be different views on the Thistle performance, but one thing we can hopefully agree on is that the referee had a total nightmare. Completely lost the plot.

Fitzy was at the wrong end of numerous decisions. Has he done something to annoy the referee in a past life?

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

7 points out of 9 in 2024 - good going.

Probably one for Michael Max - quite a few yellow cards today, do we have any players heading for/close to a suspension?

counted 11 and about half of those in last 5mins.  well not half as that would be impossible.  they really hate Graham don’t they?

44 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Now that’s a goal ! 

Brilliant move with 3 subs combining. Diack took it really well.

Robinson and Adeloye both busy and made an impact.

Neither McInroy nor Alston made much impression. Robinson must have a strong claim for a starting place.

Edited by partickthedog
Variety of words!

In the end a point was a good result and we were looking more likely to score towards the end.

credit to the manager for making pretty brave substitutions that had a positive impact.

Our inability to deal with cross balls continues to frustrate.

• Like 2

Would have happily taken a point before the game and the Raith result adds a little bit extra.

For those that were at the game - How was McBeth?

Thought he looked good against Arbroath but he only got 10 minutes, interested to hear how he did with a bit more time

25 minutes ago, allyo said:

Decent result. Don't see us winning the league but Rovers are shaking and I think second is definitely achievable. 

2nd would be great. If we had finished second last season (and required to play only 4 play-off games) I believe we would be playing in the SPL this season.

My Airdrie supporter friend firmly believes Raith will fall away in the second half of the season. This belief comes from his dislike of Raith (and ex-Airdrie Manager) Ian Murray. He thinks Murray is a flash-in-the-pan type manager and incapable of Managing at an effective level for a whole season!

Time will tell.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

2nd would be great. If we had finished second last season (and required to play only 4 play-off games) I believe we would be playing in the SPL this season.

My Airdrie supporter friend firmly believes Raith will fall away in the second half of the season. This belief comes from his dislike of Raith (and ex-Airdrie Manager) Ian Murray. He thinks Murray is a flash-in-the-pan type manager and incapable of Managing at an effective level for a whole season!

Time will tell.

The difference between second and fourth is £150,000 at least- that’s a lot of money 

34 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Did we change formation with the subs that came on?

Not much really as Diack played quite wide. McBeth coming on seemed to help push the other two midfielders a bit further forward. So a combination of that and fresh legs made it look a different set up. 

My impression of the referee was if the game had gone on much longer he'd have waded into the crowd brandishing yellow cards to spectators. Looked like he'd totally lost the plot.

• Like 1

Just back… we really improved in second half when subs came on. Big diack and Adeloye gave their defence real problems and unlucky with one that hit post. Great goal scored by us with Robinson doing very well. On another note might night to bin shoes as caked in mud standing in that utter dump for 2 hours!!

3 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Time will tell.

Think letting O'Reilly go to Thistle by basically saying you can get us promoted but we're not keeping you if you do, with the offer of a contract til the end of the season ,sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad. So agree can see Raith falling away

1 hour ago, Jag36 said:

Think letting O'Reilly go to Thistle by basically saying you can get us promoted but we're not keeping you if you do, with the offer of a contract til the end of the season ,sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad. So agree can see Raith falling away

Agreed - although not very long ar Raith it doesn't show much in the way of loyalty or consideration for his O'Reilly and this would be noticed by the rest of the squad.

I think the absence of Stanton is also a factor. On Pie & Bovril fans are saying he is their best player. Seems he is now injured and could be out for a few weeks.