Thistle v Dunfermline 23rd Feb 2024

CotterJag

From the BBC Scotland thread on the game, interesting point by McCall:

"McCall isn't ruling out his former side - currently 10 points behind leaders Dundee United - making a late charge for the title, but reckons they'd be favourites had they done more to keep Kevin Holt and Ross Docherty last summer.

"I was pretty certain that given the correct deal, where it's since been proven that they could have afforded it, Holt and Docherty would both have stayed," said McCall.

"And I think them in this Thistle team would make them favourites for the title. There was just so much unrest around Thistle at the time and I think that's why they they got out the door."

1 minute ago, Aliballibee said:

From the BBC Scotland thread on the game, interesting point by McCall:

"McCall isn't ruling out his former side - currently 10 points behind leaders Dundee United - making a late charge for the title, but reckons they'd be favourites had they done more to keep Kevin Holt and Ross Docherty last summer.

"I was pretty certain that given the correct deal, where it's since been proven that they could have afforded it, Holt and Docherty would both have stayed," said McCall.

"And I think them in this Thistle team would make them favourites for the title. There was just so much unrest around Thistle at the time and I think that's why they they got out the door."

So how would we have persuaded them to stay? Offer premiership wages?

Mccall would be better served worrying about how to claw back the 8 point gap Clyde are adrift at bottom of league 2 especially with an away match against the league leaders tmrw.

Re our match, big chance for someone to claim their place between the sticks for remainder of season.  Dunfermline not on best form but that goes for nothing when it comes to Jags.  Already on my over 2.5goals coupon just hopefully more of the goals for us.

3-1 Jags. :fan:

ps this thread should have been started tmrw after the game :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, scotty said:

So how would we have persuaded them to stay? Offer premiership wages?

As I understand it there was one player we would have offered an acceptable renewal contract to, who would likely have stayed. Missed out as our re-financing only came thru a day or so too late. McCall is perhaps partly correct but he's coming across more like an agent than a manager. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

It's 23:40 here, and after a couple of glasses of cheap white wine, I'm heading to bed in the hopes that I can (a) get up in time to watch the match live (KO 04:45), and (b) not regret having got up to watch it! Thoughts of how we slaughtered them some years ago in a crucial match (truly joyful) loom large. Monra Jags!

Graham should have passed to fitzpatrick , Graham is on his normal hit rate of 1 in 4

mcinroy needs to be clinical with chances 

macbeth needs to overlap lawless to give him the option of driving inside or pass to the outside man and also when he does a dummy actually mean it 

Stewart needs to play as if he a real goalkeeper and not a competition winner. between coming for crosses and missing , poor clearances and dropsy palming to the Centre of the six yard line .

and the officials are the real amateurs on the pitch .

1-1 god knows why we are so generous !! 

that's what it looks like at HT from Tejas