I hate to tempt fate by starting a thread, but it's DUFC the morra

46 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

O'Reily fit? Please.

Mitchell

McMillan O'Reilly Neilsen Milne

Bannigan McInroy

Lawless Robinson Fitzpatrick

Graham

I heard  rumours that O’Reilly is out for several weeks. Has anyone heard anything confirmed officially?

• Downvote 1

I’d be very surprised if any changes,  O’Reilly possibly out doesn’t help.

I’d go 3 at the back but that means playing Williams. It also takes a player out of the already fragile midfield. Maybe play only Fitzy or Lawless from the start?

Not that it matters much as I expect an easy win for them with Watt and/or Holt scoring. Maybe we can actually score against them? 

26 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I heard  rumours that O’Reilly is out for several weeks. Has anyone heard anything confirmed officially?

Yes, Doolan has confirmed 6-8 weeks out and Sneddon out for several weeks or longer 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

When did we last have a home league game kick off at 3pm on a Saturday ? (I know I can easily find the answer, but I am a lazy bugger)

Arbroath on 6th Jan. A repeat of that score would do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

When did we last have a home league game kick off at 3pm on a Saturday ? (I know I can easily find the answer, but I am a lazy bugger)

Arbroath on 6th January says my old-fashioned paper diary.

PS Lenziejag beat me to the draw!

Edited by partickthedog
PS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

O' Reilly joins the long list of players that sign for us and instantly become injured, so much for him being our saviour in the defence..

To be fair he was with us for a while but never got a start which was quite bizarre

Arbroath’s comeback victory tonight against Raith (2.0 down with 30 mins to go)  and their game management was really impressive. If they can do it surely we can. 
Although I think the result gives the incentive back to DU which will make it even harder for us tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I'd once again be flabbergasted if Doolan makes any changes other than to cover injury, but for me:

Mitchell has to start in goals.

McMillan  - Muirhead or Williams* - Neilson - Milne

McBeth - Stanway

Robinson

Lawless - Fitzy

BBG.

*= O'Reilly would be a shoo-in if fit. Neilson is tolerable at left CB and will have to do. I'm tempted to put Williams in because he'd be on his preferred right-side - I think some of his shakier moments may have been trying to play on the left of central defence? But CB is the biggest worry I have for tomorrow.

In midfield, McInroy is too often a passenger and Bannigan isn't cutting it at the moment. And for me, Robinson has much more about him than McInroy or Alston by a mile.

17 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Amazing from Arbr.oath.  You'd think they were playing us!

But if they can do that, so can we.  DU are a bit jittery these days, not just us

Throughout the league I don't think there'll be result from now until the end of the season that will be considered a complete surprise. Starts tomorrow for us. A Jags win wouldn't/shouldn't come as a shock. Having daft wee leagues of ten of course perpetuates the likelihood of result reversals, but even at that I think this season there's less between 1st and 10th as normal.

We're (rightfully) going on about our concession of goals. Less said about how our opponents feel about losing 2 goal a game against us. Big reversal needed tomorrow given it's currently 0-8 against our opponents. However I honestly don't believe the gap is nearly that bad.

I'd be surprised if there's much change in our starting XI tomorrow. I don't subscribe to the point of view that our faults lie with the personnel we play. Rephrased I don't think within those who regularly don't start there's any obvious cures.