Queens Park vs Thistle

Would have bitten a hand off for a point having gone two behind but overall disappointed. After last week I was hoping we’d be tougher to score against but two fairly soft goals conceded today. 

With just 5 points from a possible 21 and no wins in 7 we really need to get back to winning on Tuesday or we're at risk of slipping out of the playoff positions. 

Just realised it’s Raith on Tuesday so maybe not… but beating Morton seems essential 

Edited by JAG1970

Fair play, that's three recent games where we've gone two behind and come back to equalise. On the other hand, we've also let other teams do it to us. The old adage of the first goal being vital doesn't seem to apply in our games these days

Undefeated this month!

Starting the final 9 games with a 3 point advantage over the 4th place team was something I would have taken at the start of the season although it does feel like we are hanging on rather than making the other teams win just to keep up with us.

Not quite a normal quarter to come as we don't play Queens again but will play Raith twice. The good thing, assuming we can keep picking up points, is that the chasing teams will all take points off each other.

Hope those in hospitality had a good time and plenty of money was raised for the club.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Undefeated this month!

Starting the final 9 games with a 3 point advantage over the 4th place team was something I would have taken at the start of the season although it does feel like we are hanging on rather than making the other teams win just to keep up with us.

Not quite a normal quarter to come as we don't play Queens again but will play Raith twice. The good thing, assuming we can keep picking up points, is that the chasing teams will all take points off each other.

Hope those in hospitality had a good time and plenty of money was raised for the club.

We play the chasing teams as well who are capable of taking points off us too easily.

Hopefully a good sun was raised today for the club and well done to Brian Welsh and others for incredible work in organising it.

I still have my gripe that the money raised will undoubtedly be a drop in the ocean compared to the money we threw away in the capitulation against Livingston in the cup and will be a drop in the ocean compared to the money we will have thrown away if we miss out on a top 4 position.  On a plus point that however is in our own hands.  

Two home games coming up with a chance of decent crowds- Raith at home and then Morton at home.  Should be bigger travelling supports than both teams brought at the previous games at Firhill even if one is a Tuesday game

Often critical but I thought Doolan managed the game well today. Reacted quickly to their 2nd goal. Maybe if Adeloye had stayed on we might have scrambled a winner.

Big question I ask is once we scored we won just about every first ball on the ground, made countless interceptions in midfield and were picking up more than our share of second balls. But why couldn't we play like that for more of the game? 

Regardless who you support I reckon you'd feel cheated by yon ref today. He should've booked himself for time wasting. Didn't think his decisions were that controversial. Just the time taken before restarts was ridiculous. Reckon we were cheated out of about 10 minutes of actual play. I hope he's very proud of his new whistle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

We play the chasing teams as well who are capable of taking points off us too easily.

Hopefully a good sun was raised today for the club and well done to Brian Welsh and others for incredible work in organising it.

I still have my gripe that the money raised will undoubtedly be a drop in the ocean compared to the money we threw away in the capitulation against Livingston in the cup and will be a drop in the ocean compared to the money we will have thrown away if we miss out on a top 4 position.  On a plus point that however is in our own hands.  

Two home games coming up with a chance of decent crowds- Raith at home and then Morton at home.  Should be bigger travelling supports than both teams brought at the previous games at Firhill even if one is a Tuesday game

The way I look at is, we budgeted for getting beaten by Ross County so by winning that one we are actually better off (yes it would be even more if we had beaten Livi but that was not factored in to the budget). Agree about the importance of good attendances at Firhill for the remaining games - I imagine it will be a good one when Morton come calling (will Spartans let James Craigen come along to do the half time draw).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Tuesdays game is on tv so might affect the attendance 

Not quite sure what to make of that...it was a quite entertaining game...we did well to come back from 2 goals down and really controlled the game for a spell...but we lost two more goals which didn't involve great football or finishing from the opposition. The end result is it's two months since our last League win and we have no chance of finishing better than third.

McBeth & Neilson were a bit ponderous in midfield and we were better when Robinson moved back and got more involved. 

The two home games against Raith & Morton this week will define our Season - neither two wins or two defeats would be a surprise.

Callum Davidson, in his post-match comments, is very critical of the referee. He is saying Graham was offside at the first goal and for the penalty his defender had his hands behind his back. In summary the Ref's decisions cost QP the game.

Thoughts anyone.

Very few pass marks today.how Stevie Lawless stayed on the full game is amazing. The amount of times he got caught in possession, the amount of loose passes, how long have we been trying to sort the defence out,  where did Dools disappear at the beginning of the second half....

6 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Callum Davidson, in his post-match comments, is very critical of the referee. He is saying Graham was offside at the first goal and for the penalty his defender had his hands behind his back. In summary the Ref's decisions cost QP the game.

Thoughts anyone.

From Camailian's video it does look offside for the first. Have not seen the penalty incident but given the two decisions against us versus Dunfermline it looks like the old "it evens itself over the season" is coming true.

Not possible to see whether it was a hand ball from our seats, but noticeable that the only QP players who complained were well away from the incident, Thomas (no surprises, what an annoying player he is) & Sheridan. 

I never notice BG offside at the time but will check the video. However the near side linesman was hopeless, seemed to be behind play constantly and got a few offside calls wrong for both teams 

1 hour ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

QP quite a horrible wee team by the way. 

Agreed! Have they got worse since Davidson took over? Playing the St Johnstone way particularly with time wasting when they were winning

58 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Thoughts anyone.

My thoughts are Callum Davidson is he’s a wee moany so and so and trying to justify his team throwing away a 2 nil lead. Did anyone recall him arguing with the referee at the time 

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Thoughts anyone.

Did he mention how he couldn't believe how his keeper had stayed on the park after numerous warnings from the ref mainly for time wasting strangely and then only gets a yellow when he dives headfirst into a thistle player....would like to see that again as it didn't look to be offside at the time, so should have been a red and a penalty.

On the potential offside from the nod on, was it a thistle head it came off of ???

1 minute ago, Alb said:

Did he mention how he couldn't believe how his keeper had stayed on the park after numerous warnings from the ref mainly for time wasting strangely and then only gets a yellow when he dives headfirst into a thistle player....would like to see that again as it didn't look to be offside at the time, so should have been a red and a penalty.

On the potential offside from the nod on, was it a thistle head it came off of ???

Watched it again, and oops it was...think we got away with that as Graham was hidden behind Tomi...who was about to get booked later in the game until the ref realised he was hurt