Thistle v Ayr United 27th April

O’Reilly got 20 mins last week. Doolan will maybe give him 30+ tomorrow. Probably the same starting 11 depending on how bad Stanway’s injury was. Then it’s likely to be Alston, although I would prefer McKenzie a shot in midfield for a change.

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

O’Reilly got 20 mins last week. Doolan will maybe give him 30+ tomorrow. Probably the same starting 11 depending on how bad Stanway’s injury was. Then it’s likely to be Alston, although I would prefer McKenzie a shot in midfield for a change.

Think a lot will depend on tonight’s result. There’s a balance between giving players a rest & losing momentum though. Hopefully we can do both and go into playoffs with as many points and fit players as possible!

24 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Think a lot will depend on tonight’s result. There’s a balance between giving players a rest & losing momentum though. Hopefully we can do both and go into playoffs with as many points and fit players as possible!

Doolan won’t want to risk losing at Firhill by playing a weakened team. I think he will be going for the win tomorrow no matter the result tonight.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 4:31 PM, partickthedog said:

Concerned on 2 counts:

• This thread has been started too early.
  • The thread title is too conventional.

I hope we can take advantage of the fact that Ayr will not be well enDowd in attack. Apologies!

Apologies? That's the best gag I've seen on here in ages! 😄 

Dundee United were lucky to finish the game with 11 men and a draw.  Referee was abysmal and should have sent off at least two DU players in the second half.  Horrible team that is obviously coached to play that way.

24 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Airdrie & Dundee Utd draw. Win tomorrow clinches 3rd place for us.  Draw would take us to the brink, being 3 points and 8 goals to the good.

A draw should do it. Think we're +10 goals to the good.

3 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Dundee United were lucky to finish the game with 11 men and a draw.  Referee was abysmal and should have sent off at least two DU players in the second half.  Horrible team that is obviously coached to play that way.

Horrible team that got away with murder at Firhill, Moult should have been red carded both times. Godwins an ******** who’ll likely get sacked next season. 

However I’m glad they’re out of our league with their over inflated budget

10 hours ago, jaggy said:

Horrible team that got away with murder at Firhill, Moult should have been red carded both times. Godwins an ******** who’ll likely get sacked next season. 

However I’m glad they’re out of our league with their over inflated budget

Would be fab if we ‘forget’ any guard of honour nonsense on Friday night against em.  Good riddance to em.  That said do hope we are back playing them next season.

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I only have 2 levels

Thistle & Scotland 

Every other team in the world 

Thistle & Scotland

Every other team in the world

Rangers

NB: Russells Paradox at play here

Edited by CotterJag