Attendances

Lenziejag2

Think if we had won that game and kept the Dunfermline game momentum going, we might have got close to 3000 today.

I think a win at Hamilton would have added another couple of hundred to yesterday's crowd.

I highly doubt that if we won at Hamilton on Friday we would have got much more attending yesterday. To suggest an extra couple of hundred is probably a bit over optimistic.

It looks to me that it has nothing to do with the product on the park. Thistle have been consistently good at Firhill this season. Yesterday was pretty cold, which would have prevented a number of people going. Maybe it is time for Scottish football to try Summer football?

I don't think the weather has anything to do with it. It's a month to Christmas and £17 is a lot to pay for a game which is not that big. Times are tough people will pick and choose the games to attend, I don't think the crowd at home to Raith will be much more than this either.

I wonder if the fact that Dunfermilne had 3,500 yesterday, we had 2,500 and Morton had 1,500 will have any bearing on league positions at the end of the year - albeit Falkirk, who are not as yet challenging, had a reasonable attendance.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Dunfermline's finances are a lot worse than it's being made out in the press. Yesterday was suppose to be a rallying day for the fans, through turning up in big numbers. In the end they only got an extra 500 punters through the gates, as they've averaged around 3000 at home against teams with crap away supports.

Some Pars are hoping they still have a team at the end of the season and the start of next season. Rumours of the Club being liquidated have been mooted.

About a year after David Beattie proposed licensing (to sell alcohol) at games as a means of providing a vital revenue stream to clubs like ours, it's disappointing that our existing food and drink facilities remain dreadful.

I understand the current set up to be a franchise so I have no real qualms about having spent no more than the price of one bovril so far all season. I would much rather shell out the 20 quid or so that I spend on food and beer before most games at Firhill. However, until some consideration is given to what the customer would like rather than tit about with daft queuing systems and such, my money will get spent elsewhere.

I know there's many like me who have given up and over the course of a season that's a lot of wedge that could be going into the club.

About a year after David Beattie proposed licensing (to sell alcohol) at games as a means of providing a vital revenue stream to clubs like ours, it's disappointing that our existing food and drink facilities remain dreadful.

I understand the current set up to be a franchise so I have no real qualms about having spent no more than the price of one bovril so far all season. I would much rather shell out the 20 quid or so that I spend on food and beer before most games at Firhill. However, until some consideration is given to what the customer would like rather than tit about with daft queuing systems and such, my money will get spent elsewhere.

I know there's many like me who have given up and over the course of a season that's a lot of wedge that could be going into the club.

As somebody already mentioned, set up a well-stocked bottle bar in the Aitken suite, thereby reducing the queues and adding variety, and things would already start to look up.

Has Munns definitely closed?

Exactly, from the outside it seems that putting some simple measures in place would encourage those already going to the game to put more money the clubs way.

The recent closure of Munns should be viewed as an opportunity to capture pre/post match new business. I can only assume that contractual obligations to the franchise arrangement is getting in the way.

There is a signboard at Munns advertising availability of the tenancy.

Interesting to note, well I found it interesting, was that of the five teams at home four had their lowest league gate of the season yesterday.

The only one to buck the trend were Dunfermline, and it was supposed to be some kind of 'show your support' kind of thing there.

I wonder if the fact that four clubs had their lowest league gate of the season was down to the weather/proximity to Christmas/general skintness/poor travelling supports.

Perhaps under different circumstances our crowd might have been even lower.

I'm quite impressed that Falkirk's support is holding up so well, given that they're already 15 points behind the league leaders and have only won one match at home all season. I doubt if Accies took any more there yesterday than we had Livi fans, but even though we're top of the league their attendance was bigger than ours.

Don't they do Christmas in Falkirk?

I highly doubt that if we won at Hamilton on Friday we would have got much more attending yesterday. To suggest an extra couple of hundred is probably a bit over optimistic.

I don't think the weather has anything to do with it. It's a month to Christmas and £17 is a lot to pay for a game which is not that big. Times are tough people will pick and choose the games to attend, I don't think the crowd at home to Raith will be much more than this either.

I would agree no matter what our results..we will defo see a dip in crowds at this time of year..I would bet there will probably only be half the attendance next week in the cup compared to the league game.

Big games are always going to attract more casual supporters.

I was thinking at the game who the hell was at the Dunfermline game and decided not to go yesterday, everything about that game was perfect, the performance, the result, the atmosphere, the crowd, etc.

But then again Celtic had their best result in recent history the other week yet a quarter of them never bothered going back yesterday.

Workmate was telling me that celtic fans are boycotting yesterdays and next weeks home game because of over zealous stewarding/ policing

Interesting to note, well I found it interesting, was that of the five teams at home four had their lowest league gate of the season yesterday.

The only one to buck the trend were Dunfermline, and it was supposed to be some kind of 'show your support' kind of thing there.

I wonder if the fact that four clubs had their lowest league gate of the season was down to the weather/proximity to Christmas/general skintness/poor travelling supports.

Perhaps under different circumstances our crowd might have been even lower.

You are not far away Mr Hosie - the harsh reality is that we had dropped below 2000 to around 1800 ave home support last Season ,problem is people are measuring crowds against a couple of Seasons ago NOT last Seaon and the assumption home support was 2000 + - we are up to about 2300 ave Home support - which is important -as we have re-established our 2000 core ,kids numbers are also up on average by about 200 compared to last year.

Against a low base we are improving ,other Clubs had not slipped that far down.

Weather ,Cash ,Spare time ALL have an impact - we simply need to keep working hard on the Product on the park ,on Matchday Experience and in Marketing - our Schools Mailshot for the Red & Yellow Game DOUBLED the kids numbers - some will come back - we have the onethistle concept ,its early but its improving things on ground level ,fans have someone they can approach ,they take action,its not always immediate but we get there.

Jackie and our players are giving us the best product on the park since the 71 squad - each and every one of us needs to let people know this and encourage lapsed fans back to the Stadium of Dreams.

Small example of Matchday improvements - new better bins at the top of South Drive- meaning fans dont pass piles of rubbish on the way in.

New marked disabled parking Bays at the start of the Car Park.

All issues raised by fans- all dealt with.

Its a battle but one we are in a better position to win than some of our less enlightened fellow Football Clubs.

Jim Alexander

Edited by Jordanhill Jag
  • Like 1

JJ on the fan experience.....is there any chance of some lights being switched on at the south exit of the ground when fans are leaving? Past the gates it's really quite dark and congested and with the mix of mobility issues, kids and the impatient it's a problem waiting to occur. I noticed lights on the wall yesterday but all were turned off.

On the subject of Dunfermline's 'show your support' crowd, the last 2 home games they had previous to yesterday (vs Cowdenbeath & Morton) they had exactly the same sort of crowd at around 3500.

If they were in trouble getting that sort of crowd before yesterday then nothing will have changed.

JJ on the fan experience.....is there any chance of some lights being switched on at the south exit of the ground when fans are leaving? Past the gates it's really quite dark and congested and with the mix of mobility issues, kids and the impatient it's a problem waiting to occur. I noticed lights on the wall yesterday but all were turned off.

Will see whats required CJ ,might need some better lighting will have a look Sat

Last weekend before payday when people will be forced into spending whatever money they have on tat for their house or families over the next month. A low attendance isn't really surprising.

The simple answer to this, and I'm not being facetious here, is buy a season ticket. Sure it's a big outlay in one go, but from my point of view it means you don't have to scuffle down the back of the sofa for change when a home game is scheduled the Saturday before payday.

The simple answer to this, and I'm not being facetious here, is buy a season ticket. Sure it's a big outlay in one go, but from my point of view it means you don't have to scuffle down the back of the sofa for change when a home game is scheduled the Saturday before payday.

what do you want us to do, make the money or just magic it out of thin air, i would love to buy a season ticket but couldnt afford it. if you are lucky enough to be able to then fine

The Earl of Hathaway is absolutely right! A season ticket is the answer! A number of positive forward-looking suggestions in recent contributions to this thread - good! C'mon the Jags! Get us past the Pars again next week and we are into the 'interesting' bit of the Scottish Cup! It could even put a dent in their League aspirations!

The Earl of Hathaway is absolutely right! A season ticket is the answer! A number of positive forward-looking suggestions in recent contributions to this thread - good! C'mon the Jags! Get us past the Pars again next week and we are into the 'interesting' bit of the Scottish Cup! It could even put a dent in their League aspirations!

I suspect that whatever team loses next week they will come out with the excuse that "they can now concentrate on the league" - usual guff.

Having said that the worst possible would be a draw and a replay - imo.

I suspect that whatever team loses next week they will come out with the excuse that "they can now concentrate on the league" - usual guff.

Would you really prefer that to a straight defeat? We'd at least get half the gate money, and with our currently strong squad I don't think it would tire us out in any real way.

Academic anyway; 3-0 Thistle on Saturday!

I don't care how we get through, i just want to be in the next round.

I would prefer if we didn't give Dunfermline a home tie, although we'd get 42.5% of the gate, as it gives them more money.

I have got to admit that I was disppointed with the crowd v Livi. Dunfermline game was amazing and yet a good few fans did not come back. All this recession, credit crunch and Christmas excuses do not wash with me. As usual shops were packed during the day and pubs were packed at night so there is enough money to go around. It was not too cold either. Still a decent game, 1 good and 1 great goal and another victory.

On the subject of Dunfermline's 'show your support' crowd, the last 2 home games they had previous to yesterday (vs Cowdenbeath & Morton) they had exactly the same sort of crowd at around 3500.

If they were in trouble getting that sort of crowd before yesterday then nothing will have changed.

Good point, I think their break-even figure for this season was 4,500. It had been 6,000 in the Sphell. No wonder they are in trouble financially in the short as well as the long term. I wish them no harm, but it is not hard to see they will have to cut their cloth.