When Jackie Takes The United Job

The Legend Blows

What about Jim McIntyre, won the league with the Pars. Didn't do much in SPL mind, but he has been over the course. Now scouting for Bristol City.

When he was with the Pars and got promotion they had by far the biggest budget in the divison and even then he nearly lost the title to Raith Rovers so personally would be a no from me

I'm seeing Coyle's name pop up again and again - this is a guy who was heavily linked to the Celtic job and Scotland job (and said in press conferences that he wasn't interested in either) in the past 12-24 months, yeah Bolton punted him but his reputation is by no means tarnished enou fir him to have to drop down to sfl 1. He was hottest property in british football in terms of management not that long ago, so in my opinion there is no chance he'll be in the frame, way above our level.

Edited by chunky jag

I'm seeing Coyle's name pop up again and again - this is a guy who was heavily linked to the Celtic job and Scotland job (and said in press conferences that he wasn't interested in either) in the past 12-24 months, yeah Bolton punted him but his reputation is by no means tarnished enou fir him to have to drop down to sfl 1. He was hottest property in british football in terms of management not that long ago, so in my opinion there is no chance he'll be in the frame, way above our level.

Also Coyle said at the weekend that his next job will be down south!

Ray McKinnon is doing reasonably well with Brechin although he's only been in the job 4 months.

They had a really poor start to the season, he took over and they've been scoring for fun and have only lost twice (away to QOTS and away to St Mirren)

Very well thought off in the game too, think Wotte appointed him as a development coach before Brechin appointed him.

We have a history of going for the cheap option.

McNamara was a cheap option, Dick Campbell was in more ways than one a very expensive option.

The best candidates for me are Paul Hartley, Ian Murray and Ian Cameron.

Hartley maybe, but I fail to understand the other two. Murray, as been pointed out has only been in the job weeks. Don't want to speak ill of a former player but I believe McNamara had put in place an improved youth set up, in which Archie has assisted.

I liked Shaggy, wasn't one of his fanboys or anythin but he did well for us, but i've had a wee chuckle at the irony of wanting to appoint someone who left us on a pre-contract to...dundee united after we gave him his chance and plucked him from obscurity.

If his teams were as adventurous/classy as he was we could be kept well entertained.

I liked Shaggy, wasn't one of his fanboys or anythin but he did well for us, but i've had a wee chuckle at the irony of wanting to appoint someone who left us on a pre-contract to...dundee united after we gave him his chance and plucked him from obscurity.

If his teams were as adventurous/classy as he was we could be kept well entertained.

It could also be argued on that basis then that Archie's name should be in the same 'been an arab" basket too.

Although he has come back and shown himself to be a true Jag through and through on and off the pitch (as the recent thread about him highlighted)

Can,t see why there is so much hostility to Billy Reid. Done well with both clubs he's managed with young players- convincing promotion with Hamilton and kept them up for a bit. Wanted by Swansea a few years ago and turned the move down- showing a bit of loyalty. Knows the league very well. He has the experience to get us over the line.

Can,t see why there is so much hostility to Billy Reid. Done well with both clubs he's managed with young players- convincing promotion with Hamilton and kept them up for a bit. Wanted by Swansea a few years ago and turned the move down- showing a bit of loyalty. Knows the league very well. He has the experience to get us over the line.

dullest wee fk to ever manage a football team: have you ever watched Clyde or Hamilton?

Ian Murray has been at Dumbarton for five minutes. I'd definitely consider him but what's the point, he's not going to leave them just now.

Yeh, coz managers don't ever come in, set the heather on fire, then bugger off to a bigger club at the first chance they get? Oh, wait a minute, hold on....

Sarcasm aside, I liked Evans as a player, and I think he's done a decent job at Lavvy. As with Murray, too soon to realy judge, but I've liked what I've seen. Wonder if he could be tempted back? Anyway, panic appointments aside, let's leave it with Archie for the next few weeks and let's see what comes up.