Sunderland Game

Lambies Lost Doo

I wonder if a loan move could follow for one of their young players? I remember last season Archie and Shaggy went down for a reserve game and there were a few SPFL managers there. Hibz got that Watmore and Killie picked up Karlsson the former £1million winger who hardly kicked a ball ;)

Thought we were much improved in the second half following the half time subs.

Some thoughts:

Lawless played very well when he was on.

Osman looks a player.

Balatoni was the best defender on show.

Stevenson up top is hopefully going to be a rare occurance. He's not the most mobile and seems to make the rest of the team go for the long ball. Our attacking threat second half was much better which to me was down to Doolan and Lawless' superior movement. Would like to have seen him in one of the attacking midfield positions.

Both centre back trialists had some decent, but also some dodgy, moments. Not sure how great a game that was to judge them but wasn't overally impressed by either; certainly didn't look a step up from what we have.

Keenan looks like he'll be the left back. Looked OK tonight and decent cross for the goal but would be a massive risk going with him and McMillan as our left backs.

Sunderland XI weren't very good

We were quite good in places tonight. Rough around the edges and slow off the mark but fairly came on to a game especially in the second half. Their goal was really sloppy defending but things picked up a bit afterwards.

The first half central defensive trialist was a little bit cavalier. Somewhat of the Piccolo mould. He let his man past him a couple of times but was quite keen to hold the ball up and play out of defence. Maybe not what we're looking for but a solid enough player. The second half central defensive trialist was a little bit slower and shorter, possibly less imposing, but was quite robust in the challenge and seemed a little more positionally aware. I wouldn't mind if we signed either of them and I found them both more lively and in-keeping with our style than Barr. They're no worse than Mair anyway.

Dale Keenan did okay at left back, but was quite naive in places. I think he could eventually fill that berth but some teams in the Premier could really exploit him. He doesn't get forward as much as Taylor-Sinclair or even, I would say, McMillan, making him a much more orthodox left back.

McDaid looked really lively when he came on. Could be an interesting option in the next couple of seasons, particularly if the likes of Elliott and Craigen aren't here for the long-run.

Osman was excellent this evening, and I'm happy to say a step up from how he played at Dumbarton, where I had my doubts. I think he's a decent like-for-like replacement for the robust central midfield position previously filled by Osbourne then Buaben.

If we sign up one of those central defenders, bring in a slightly more experienced left-back on loan before the window shuts, and try to bring in even a bog-standard striker better suited to more direct long-ball plan B (along the lines of Taylor) this squad is actually, on tonight's showing, fairly decent.

I thought both centre back trialists did ok, number 13 slightly more so than first half. As has been said, osman looks a cracking player. Thought Christie did very well tonight, couple of decent looking balls in. Keenan was alright, good cross and got forward well, but a bit sloppy with some of his passes and beaten a little too easily by his man sometimes. Mcdaid also looks a good wee player as does Wilson. Sunderland XI were nothing special, although that Duncan watmore is a great wee player. If he fancies a spell in Scotland at a club that's not a complete joke, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Defence handled Graham's movement well enough and he's a cut above anything we'll face this season so that's good to see. Overall, pleasing and I'd expect at least 1 of the centre halfs to sign, either would be good enough as a squad player minimum.

I thought both centre back trialists did ok, number 13 slightly more so than first half. As has been said, osman looks a cracking player. Thought Christie did very well tonight, couple of decent looking balls in. Keenan was alright, good cross and got forward well, but a bit sloppy with some of his passes and beaten a little too easily by his man sometimes. Mcdaid also looks a good wee player as does Wilson. Sunderland XI were nothing special, although that Duncan watmore is a great wee player. If he fancies a spell in Scotland at a club that's not a complete joke, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Defence handled Graham's movement well enough and he's a cut above anything we'll face this season so that's good to see. Overall, pleasing and I'd expect at least 1 of the centre halfs to sign, either would be good enough as a squad player minimum.

Was Watmore the red haired boy? If so he looked a good we player.

Is the Graham you refer to Danny Graham? I had no idea he was playing.