Ict Cup Game On Saturday

redandyellowarmy

Scully has had two full seasons of first team football at Dunfermline where he seemingly improved significantly. He should be challenging for a starting place with us next season.

This. I'd be fairly surprised if (with Gallacher getting on a bit and Fox out of favour, and unfortunately not quite upto it at this level it would seem) Scully wasn't getting a regular chance with us by the end of next season. I'd imagine the plan might be the first 6 months in the championship next season, and then when he comes back it's between him and Gallacher. He certainly seems to have gotten the best reviews from any of the young boys out on loan.

This. I'd be fairly surprised if (with Gallacher getting on a bit and Fox out of favour, and unfortunately not quite upto it at this level it would seem) Scully wasn't getting a regular chance with us by the end of next season. I'd imagine the plan might be the first 6 months in the championship next season, and then when he comes back it's between him and Gallacher. He certainly seems to have gotten the best reviews from any of the young boys out on loan.

But how can we loan him to a Championship club next season without first selling him to Newcastle ? :thinking:

Scully didn't impress me in the televised Morton v Dunfermline game recently - although exposed at both goals his general play didn't strike me as that of a top class keeper - then again it was only one game and I might have perhaps been expecting more judging by the comments from the Pars fans.

I would say let fox go and keep scully. Keep gal as number 1 for next season and scully as back up but play him in cup competitions. It wouldn't surprise me if scully was number 1 by the end of next season

I wouldn't bother too much letting both Scully and Fox go, Fox's contract is due to expire this summer, Jamie Macdonald is only on a 1 year deal which will expire this summer with Falkirk, if we could get him in and be happy enough with him or Gal as No.1 next season.

I can't see how Archie can drop an in form Dools so for me Taylor will start on the bench (unless Dools drops into the Stevo role). Elliot for left back as there is no mention on preview that he is injured and I suspect that it might be Craigen for either Banzo or Fraser, but we'll have to see tomorrow.

The Dools of the Accies game I agree with you. The Dools of last weeks St Mirren game not so sure he is undroppable....

The Dools of the Accies game I agree with you. The Dools of last weeks St Mirren game not so sure he is undroppable....

Or the Dools from most of the games he's played this season where he's been fairly anonymous. Also, there's the fact that Lyle Taylor is much better than Kris Doolan is, and should start regardless.

I'm really looking forward to this as it's my first game since a horrible night in the east end (sorry for reminding everyone). I'm a big Dools fan but i think the Taylor "feel good factor" may be the timely boost the side need. Also I feel a bit better in the knowledge that when he replaces a striker with a striker, it will be Dools coming on and not Eccleston

Scully didn't impress me in the televised Morton v Dunfermline game recently - although exposed at both goals his general play didn't strike me as that of a top class keeper - then again it was only one game and I might have perhaps been expecting more judging by the comments from the Pars fans.

Take into account that Pars fans by and large will have seen their team play for many years in the top league. It's not uncommon to hear them talk of Scully as the best goalie they've had for many a year and that of course includes our own No 1 keeper. I doubt Ryan if he wasn't out on loan would keep Gallacher out the team but he's obviously highly thought of at Dunfermline. My East End Pk mole tells me his major weakness is his distribution while his strongest asset is his ability to block attempts from attackers running thru on goal (in football parlance, make himself look big).

Didn't see the televised game against Morton but the couple of telly games I've seen him play he's made important stops and not been at fault at any goal.

Today's game like most premiership games is vital that we score first, go a goal down and in most cases it becomes difficult to get anything more than a draw, accepting that we came from behind against ICT earlier this season.

That being said I think Archie should play a very positive team, and include Taylor from the start at the expense of Doolan. ICT are very physical defensively therefore a more robust player such as Taylor would be beneficial staring up front.

We have a few good squad options today and it's a great opportunity to progress in this cup, it's just vital Archie gets it right!!