Aberdeen, Away, Can We Keep The Run Going?

douglas clark

I can't see it to be honest, they will have a rocket up their arse after drawing with ICT, I think they will beat us 2 or 3-0, but in saying that the dons fans on P&B (not that that counts for much) don't seem as confident and aren't happy with the team selection the last few games. the pitch looked pretty heavy and looked like it had cut up a bit from the highlights I watched. If we defend like beavers and stay solid then we can mibby scrape another 0-0,

If nothing else the 2 upcoming games will provide a reliable measure of any improvement in our side since the season began. Personally, I think there has been a much needed improvement, but I wouldn't like to go overboard before playing these games. I particularly want to avoid doing an 'Alan Stubs': I prefer to take my cue from Archie who as always is considerably more grounded.

If nothing else the 2 upcoming games will provide a reliable measure of any improvement in our side since the season began. Personally, I think there has been a much needed improvement, but I wouldn't like to go overboard before playing these games. I particularly want to avoid doing an 'Alan Stubs': I prefer to take my cue from Archie who as always is considerably more grounded.

Alan Stubs. 2 B or not 2 B ?

Derek McInnes has just gone up in my estimation

We are against a team who are in brilliant form themselves. They have rested up over the weekend so I'm sure they will come up here and be optimistic. We have always had decent games against Partick Thistle, they are a team I have high regard for. Their manager is a friend but I like the way his teams always set up to go and win the game, they never just hope to win the game. I think Alan is as good a manager as there is in the league.

Never saw Ryan Edwards getting a sniff!

Team News

Aberdeen

Danny Ward, Shaleum Logan, Graeme Shinnie, Ash Taylor, Mark Reynolds, Kenny McLean, Willo Flood, Adam Rooney, Niall McGinn, Jonny Hayes, Ryan Jack.

Subs: Scott Brown, Andrew Considine, Cammy Smith, Barry Robson, Peter Pawlett, David Goodwillie, Paul Quinn.

Partick Thistle

Tomáš Černý, Daniel Seaborne, Callum Booth, Abdul Osman, David Amoo, Stuart Bannigan, Kris Doolan, Steven Lawless, Mustapha Dumbuya, Liam Lindsay, Ryan Edwards.

Subs: Ryan Scully, Gary Miller, Frederic Frans, David Wilson, Declan McDaid, Robbie Muirhead, Mathias Pogba.